Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

JoS A. Bank-70% off many Men's Suits, Blazers, Coats and Jackets-$25 off with Code

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 14th, 2012 7:02 am
Tags:
None
Banned
May 29, 2008
391 posts
214 upvotes

JoS A. Bank-70% off many Men's Suits, Blazers, Coats and Jackets-$25 off with Code

JoS. A Bank is having a Holiday Sale with 70% off many styles. Save an additional $25 off every $125 by using promo code SAVE25

Many of their styles are decently priced and even better with the 70% off and the promo code! Shipping is FREE within the US if you have Amerifriend. Shipping fee to Canada depends on how much you purchase. I tried for a $140 jacket and shipping is $25, so the promo code essentially saves you the shipping fee.

Link to site: www.josabank.com/

[IMG]https://content.josbank.com/Homepage/Ho ... 111312.jpg[/IMG]

You also get a free Android smartphone with purchase, not sure how that works though..might be US Carriers only

[IMG]https://content.josbank.com/Homepage/Ho ... Banner.jpg[/IMG]
9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
My order just came in. The slim-fit dress shirts are amazing for the price (~$27 CAD).

Suits I'd probably pass on for the quality. Though I haven't tried out their cashmere sweaters yet.
Buy Bell, and you go to HELL! :-0
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
bnardd wrote: Found this suit in clearance for $87.97 marked down from $551.19!!!

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Pr ... 050_336529
It's cotton.

Second, don't be surprised by the sale price. JAB reguarly has these 70% off sales and alike, prices are extremely inflated. Those belts selling for $80+ were just $20 last week.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
I would not buy anything from JAB except Signature Gold suits and Traveller shirts. FYI, JAB has these "sales" all the time. The "regular" prices are bogus; inflated 300% of comparable value.

I only buy on their clearance suit sales in the spring and during a deep discount Traveller shirt sale.

Rest of their stuff is crap. Other suits are fused (glued garbage). Gold are the only half canvas they carry.
In your pants!
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
I saw on the TV ad that its Buy One Get Three free for most stuff, and outdoor wear is 70% off or something... Or was it suits.
Blanka
Feb 1, 2011
128 posts
15 upvotes
Scarborough
bnardd wrote: Found this suit in clearance for $87.97 marked down from $551.19!!!

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Pr ... 050_336529
Don't be fooled by MSRP pricing. They are ridiculously inflated intentionally so every site can put that cross-out price to make it look like you are getting a discount. It's pretty much the tactic used by most sites to drum up sales. That's why they can afford to have a 70% sale. It's because their markup is now down to 2x to 2.25x, before it was 5x to 7.5x. This "sale" is basically fair value.
Deal Addict
Jun 19, 2010
2423 posts
1948 upvotes
Calgary
At least, Canadians don't have to endure their screaming radio and TV ads. They are a running joke in the US.
In your pants!
Dec 10, 2006
755 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
Nook wrote: My order just came in. The slim-fit dress shirts are amazing for the price (~$27 CAD).

Suits I'd probably pass on for the quality. Though I haven't tried out their cashmere sweaters yet.
I see dress shirts fro ~$28, but I'm not sure if they're slim fit. When I search in the slim-fit section they seem to start at ~$48. Can you please point me in the right direction?
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
4465 posts
426 upvotes
Toronto
Jeff18 wrote: I see dress shirts fro ~$28, but I'm not sure if they're slim fit. When I search in the slim-fit section they seem to start at ~$48. Can you please point me in the right direction?
Unfortunately, I think the SEVENTY coupon sale (70% off most things including dress shirts) is now over. The sale that is currently going on has 70% off most things but dress shirts are only 50% off.

The exception to the new sale are the pinpoint oxford dress shirts that you are seeing for $27.84 but they are not slim as far as I know. The slims are about $48 as you said.

Another thing you can consider is waiting for boxing day when Brooks Brothers MAY have a good sale for dress shirts, which are of higher quality, though pricier. But the sale should knock them into the ~$55 range each, which isn't too bad considering the quality.