Page 1 of 1

JoS A. Bank-70% off many Men's Suits, Blazers, Coats and Jackets-$25 off with Code

Posted: Dec 13th, 2012 3:34 pm
by bnardd
JoS. A Bank is having a Holiday Sale with 70% off many styles. Save an additional $25 off every $125 by using promo code SAVE25

Many of their styles are decently priced and even better with the 70% off and the promo code! Shipping is FREE within the US if you have Amerifriend. Shipping fee to Canada depends on how much you purchase. I tried for a $140 jacket and shipping is $25, so the promo code essentially saves you the shipping fee.

Link to site: www.josabank.com/

You also get a free Android smartphone with purchase, not sure how that works though..might be US Carriers only

Re: JoS A. Bank-70% off many Men's Suits, Blazers, Coats and Jackets-$25 off with Code

Posted: Dec 13th, 2012 4:27 pm
by Nook
My order just came in. The slim-fit dress shirts are amazing for the price (~$27 CAD).

Suits I'd probably pass on for the quality. Though I haven't tried out their cashmere sweaters yet.

Re: JoS A. Bank-70% off many Men's Suits, Blazers, Coats and Jackets-$25 off with Code

Posted: Dec 13th, 2012 4:50 pm
by bnardd
Found this suit in clearance for $87.97 marked down from $551.19!!!

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Pr ... 050_336529

Posted: Dec 13th, 2012 4:54 pm
by Nook
bnardd wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 4:50 pm

It's cotton.

Second, don't be surprised by the sale price. JAB reguarly has these 70% off sales and alike, prices are extremely inflated. Those belts selling for $80+ were just $20 last week.

Posted: Dec 13th, 2012 5:16 pm
by FatWallet
I would not buy anything from JAB except Signature Gold suits and Traveller shirts. FYI, JAB has these "sales" all the time. The "regular" prices are bogus; inflated 300% of comparable value.

I only buy on their clearance suit sales in the spring and during a deep discount Traveller shirt sale.

Rest of their stuff is crap. Other suits are fused (glued garbage). Gold are the only half canvas they carry.

Posted: Dec 13th, 2012 5:20 pm
by djemzine
I saw on the TV ad that its Buy One Get Three free for most stuff, and outdoor wear is 70% off or something... Or was it suits.

Posted: Dec 13th, 2012 5:24 pm
by kosai19
bnardd wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 4:50 pm

Don't be fooled by MSRP pricing. They are ridiculously inflated intentionally so every site can put that cross-out price to make it look like you are getting a discount. It's pretty much the tactic used by most sites to drum up sales. That's why they can afford to have a 70% sale. It's because their markup is now down to 2x to 2.25x, before it was 5x to 7.5x. This "sale" is basically fair value.

Posted: Dec 13th, 2012 5:26 pm
by FatWallet
At least, Canadians don't have to endure their screaming radio and TV ads. They are a running joke in the US.

Posted: Dec 13th, 2012 6:38 pm
by Jeff18
Nook wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 4:27 pm
My order just came in. The slim-fit dress shirts are amazing for the price (~$27 CAD).

Suits I'd probably pass on for the quality. Though I haven't tried out their cashmere sweaters yet.
I see dress shirts fro ~$28, but I'm not sure if they're slim fit. When I search in the slim-fit section they seem to start at ~$48. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Posted: Dec 14th, 2012 7:02 am
by Nook
Jeff18 wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 6:38 pm
I see dress shirts fro ~$28, but I'm not sure if they're slim fit. When I search in the slim-fit section they seem to start at ~$48. Can you please point me in the right direction?
Unfortunately, I think the SEVENTY coupon sale (70% off most things including dress shirts) is now over. The sale that is currently going on has 70% off most things but dress shirts are only 50% off.

The exception to the new sale are the pinpoint oxford dress shirts that you are seeing for $27.84 but they are not slim as far as I know. The slims are about $48 as you said.

Another thing you can consider is waiting for boxing day when Brooks Brothers MAY have a good sale for dress shirts, which are of higher quality, though pricier. But the sale should knock them into the ~$55 range each, which isn't too bad considering the quality.