Students

Journalism school.

[OP]
Sep 2, 2002
659 posts
1 upvote
AB

Journalism school.

Anyone here going into a journalism program, or interested in one?

And does anyone have any thoughts, rumor, or innuendo on UBC's graduate journalism program?
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2004
5791 posts
49 upvotes
ryerson has a good journalism school
rems wrote: yes...for those that say it doesn't are lying. There has to be some sort of physical attraction (unless you're visually impaired obviously). Looks get you there and personality keeps you there.
[OP]
Sep 2, 2002
659 posts
1 upvote
AB
7jai wrote:ryerson has a good journalism school
Actually I heard that Ryerson is a bit of a joke.. As in not really a serious journalism program.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2003
2174 posts
45 upvotes
Toronto
Seveneighty wrote:Actually I heard that Ryerson is a bit of a joke.. As in not really a serious journalism program.
Yup, it's true, employers are saying they are not ready for "the real world" and suggest getting real experience through volunteer opportunities.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7399 posts
121 upvotes
Ottawa
Carleton University in Ottawa has a pretty good school of journalism. It's a second tier school, but some of their programs are top notch. Journalism is one of them.
Dec 6, 2004
83 posts
3 upvotes
I was looking into the program at Dal before making my decision. While not quite into Journalism, I've been volunteering in community radio for the last 5 years and would love to get into the music industry for promotions and PR. I then decided on going to the US for communications. From what I heard, Dalhousie has a pretty good j-program