Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
JOYBUY

Mi Pad 4 Plus 4+64GB, LTE 10" tablet for CAD 348

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2018 10:10 am
Oct 18, 2012
854 posts
1251 upvotes
Montréal

Mi Pad 4 Plus 4+64GB, LTE 10" tablet for CAD 348

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
JOYBUY
probably the cheapest Mi pad 4 Plus in the market, even cheaper than price from xiaomi's China website.
the spec is fine, not the best though, but for 348 CAD, I would say it's a decent deal.
the spec can be found on gsmarena: gsmarena...
although the original system is not international version, meaning there is no google service integrated , you can find the international version of rom from xiaomi's europe forums and it seems it's not that hard to flash the eu rom into the Mipad 4 Plus
here is the link of the xiaomi's eu forums xiaomi.eu...
Joybuy is operated by JD.com, basically the competitor of Aliexpress

Oct 20 update:
forget to mention, this is LTE version, it's compatible with rogers/fido frequency
Images
  • mipad.JPG
Last edited by soonleaf on Oct 20th, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
23 replies
Aug 14, 2013
84 posts
38 upvotes
Ohh I've been eyeing the small version for a while and that's on sale as well. How trustworthy is the website and how quick are the package shipments and do we get dinged with a customs charge?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
maybe it's just me but at this price i would pay a bit more and just buy the ipad with coupon/sales unless you just hate ios. Snapdragon 660 doesn't sound promising at all in comparison to a A10.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12251 posts
3582 upvotes
kwanyeung20 wrote: maybe it's just me but at this price i would pay a bit more and just buy the ipad with coupon/sales unless you just hate ios. Snapdragon 660 doesn't sound promising at all in comparison to a A10.
I was thinking the same thing... even for that amount if you're not an iOS fan, a really great Android tablet could be had for the same or less no?
Plus warranty issues and waiting a month for delivery.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2223 posts
628 upvotes
GTA
jackass_ca wrote: I was thinking the same thing... even for that amount if you're not an iOS fan, a really great Android tablet could be had for the same or less no?
Plus warranty issues and waiting a month for delivery.
i bought the first mipad and I would say it was "ok" because they were using nvidia cpu which was a "top class" cpu only used in mipad and nexus 9. At that time ipad was expensive so it was somewhat justifiable.

This mipad 4 uses a Snapdragon CPU which can be found anywhere and it's not even a top-class cpu. There is so much alternative nowadays and with ipad entry model being introduced most android tablet are kinda dead in a sense because the experience is just so much better for average users. Paying $348 to buy this from China, a month of delivery, warranty issue just seems insane to me unless I am missing something.
Jan 12, 2010
197 posts
142 upvotes
Brossard
I'll chime in here because after a lot of deliberation I bought the 8" little sibling of this tablet (Mi Pad 4) about a month ago.

For the price it was the best package in the market IMHO with 64GB and expandable storage and LTE for $283 (¥1500) and small size and the SD 660 works great for my daily use while commuting. Installing Google play store + Apps was also a breeze, took 30 minutes all said and done.

Now, I debated getting this 10" version instead, but decided against it since the smaller form factor better fit my needs. Also, the 2018 iPad at the sameish price seems like the better choice considering the much better screen, since these are for media consumption after all.
SEO & SEM Pro - World Traveller - Food Enthusiast - Deal Ninja
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1956 posts
368 upvotes
Kitchener
Does the Ipad have a 64GB variant?
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1431 posts
2250 upvotes
X-Nemesis wrote: Does the Ipad have a 64GB variant?
there's a 128gb variant.
for the normal apple price to go 1 bump higher -- so technically you're getting 128gb for a 64gb spec bump.
(they started doing this during the iPad Air 2 to encourage upgrade purchases)
Oct 18, 2012
854 posts
1251 upvotes
Montréal
how do you find the screen of mipad 4, I was kinda worried about the resolution of mipad since the tablet I am using is a 8 inch with 1536*2048 resolution
Jan 12, 2010
197 posts
142 upvotes
Brossard
It's OK for the 8" size 1200 x 1920 pixels.
The 10" size also shares the same resolution, so it's relatively much worse. The screen is nice and bright but it won't wow you, also no full HD Netflix technically since it's Widewine L3, but still looks good to me, and it's perfect for games and YouTube, surfing etc
SEO & SEM Pro - World Traveller - Food Enthusiast - Deal Ninja
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
4164 posts
1473 upvotes
Calgary
I'd rather get a refurb iPad for $319
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17804 posts
5755 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
For this price, might as well go for a real iPad.
Dec 21, 2016
170 posts
322 upvotes
Alberta
I bought a Mi 8 from Joybuy before, JD-HZ-EE SP shipping is ePacket if anyone is wondering and it came in about 2 weeks.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39289 posts
6324 upvotes
Winnipeg
thekashman wrote: It's OK for the 8" size 1200 x 1920 pixels.
The 10" size also shares the same resolution, so it's relatively much worse. The screen is nice and bright but it won't wow you, also no full HD Netflix technically since it's Widewine L3, but still looks good to me, and it's perfect for games and YouTube, surfing etc
what is widewine l3?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39289 posts
6324 upvotes
Winnipeg
does this pad have pen support?

so it is hardware level drm, hahaha good luck trying to get all mobile device to support that at a hardware level. so what they gonna do about pc?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)