• Mar 28th, 2010 12:55 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2008
1060 posts
105 upvotes
Durham Region
Crappymonkey wrote: I got an actual response this morning...

"From: hellen.cartter@googlemail.com on behalf of Antonia Mollina (antoniaxmollina@googlemail.com)

I'm really glad you're interested in this item, It used to belong to my husband the judge gave it to me after the divorce.
After the divorce I moved back to my mother's in London UK.
Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal without worrying about the safety of your money or my item, I'll ship it using an international service at no charge for you. The listed price is the real price.
Because I can't explain much about the item technical specifications I'll offer a 10 day return option, I'm not really good at this stuff... all I know is it's working perfectly and has never had any problems.
If you're serious about buying the item, email me back so that I can explain how this will work.

Antonia. "

"From: Me

Thanks for getting back to me Antonia,

This is really good luck! I am currently living and working in London UK! I used to live in Toronto where I saw the ad posted on Craigslist and I was just helping my brother with some camera shopping online. Then I saw you ad and was hoping I could get my brother to pick it up for me then ship it to the UK ..... but since you currently live here we can meet up anywhere you want and I'll pay cash! Let me know what time is good for you and where you would like to meet and I'll see you soon!

Thanks"

Why did I response regarding a parrott and you got this BS?
Jun 30, 2009
841 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
stevezed wrote: Why did I response regarding a parrott and you got this BS?
I got the parrot one as well but then I tried again a couple of hours later. I guess Kijiji fixed the error where it was going to the parrot lady.

I'll post again if I get another response.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2732 posts
3018 upvotes
Ottawa

"From: hellen.cartter@googlemail.com on behalf of Antonia Mollina (antoniaxmollina@googlemail.com)

I'm really glad you're interested in this item, It used to belong to my husband the judge gave it to me after the divorce.
Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal without worrying about the safety of your money or my item, I'll ship it using an international service at no charge for you. The listed price is the real price.
Because I can't explain much about the item technical specifications I'll offer a 10 day return option, I'm not really good at this stuff... all I know is it's working perfectly and has never had any problems.
If you're serious about buying the item, email me back so that I can explain how this will work.

Antonia. "

This is really good luck! I am currently living and working in London UK! I used to live in Toronto where I saw the ad posted on Craigslist and I was just helping my brother with some camera shopping online. Then I saw you ad and was hoping I could get my brother to pick it up for me then ship it to the UK ..... but since you currently live here we can meet up anywhere you want and I'll pay cash! Let me know what time is good for you and where you would like to meet and I'll see you soon!

Thanks"
Any reply yet? :D
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3791 posts
297 upvotes
YUL
Crappymonkey wrote: lol. I just got a reply. The person doesn't have a camera.... they have a parrot for sale. lol.
FerrisB wrote: Classic bait and switch. This happened to me at futureshop! :lol:
Lol, I didn't know Futureshop sells parrots now! :lol:
Jun 11, 2003
511 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Lol... last time I played with a scammer the guy tried to send me to a hotel somewhere in the US. Funny thing is there was a guy with that name in the same city and he worked for the Post Office ... hmmmmmm...

Antonia. "

Thanks"
Mar 11, 2010
1 posts
i've found a con on gumtree about a car here is the add......

http://brisbane.gumtree.com.au/c-Cars-V ... Z190231013

i've enquired as the car is 4 times cheaper than it should be, $3900 instead of about $18000. i emailed and they gave me back a whole load of crap about how they were in the uk not here in australia. they gave me a long story about their mum who lived here who's gone ill and has moved back to the uk and how the car is in shipping.... have a look at the response i got when i asked how i could view the car and exchange paperwork and get keys if i wanted to come see it.... hahahhahahaah the reason i found this thread which you'll all find amusing is i googled the email address that the email came from and i think u'll all laugh when u look up and see the same email address involved in this camera scam hahahaha.... (antoniaxmollina@googlemail.com). leave these WELL alone.

Here's the con's reply to me.... hahahahahaha

Hi, before I left Australia with my granny I arranged with eBay to take care of the whole sales process. They'll be our legal representatives in this transaction.
1. eBay will email you the forms which are needed for this transaction (invoice, payment instructions, buyer's and seller's protection policy)
2. You will make the payment to eBay (the funds are kept by them until the car is registered in your name, in case you decide to keep it). After the payment confirmation, you will get the tracking number.
3. After you inspect the car and all the documents and decide to keep it, ebay agent will help you with all the documents and will register the car in your name.
4. eBay will not forward me the money until you test the car and inspect all the documents. You will have 10 days to inspect it. If, for any reason, you decide not to keep the car ebay will refund all your money back! Also, you don't have to pay any shipping fees or any other hidden fees either you decide to keep the car or not! That's the terms for this transaction and for this eBay program which I have applied and paid all the fees.
Please email me your shipping details so I can contact eBay and the shipping company, in order to start the procedure. It will require your full name and address (where the car should be sent to ). Once I have these details I will forward them to eBay and you will receive the invoice for this transaction very soon.
Thanks, Antonia.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15496 posts
2735 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…

Antonia. "

Thanks"
good one! haha lol
Mar 26, 2010
1 posts
Canada
Hey guys,

This is very funny. This week I was looking for a Macbook Pro 17" on kijiji Canada and guess who answered me : hellen.cartter@googlemail.com on behalf of Samantha Harrys (samantha.harys@googlemail.com).

And guess what was the first message I received?

"I'm really glad you're interested in this item, It used to belong to my husband the judge gave it to me after the divorce.

Samantha."

I was hoping this wasn't a prank because she was selling a Macbook pro 17 2009 500gb hd, 8gb ram, anti-glare screen (the nicest and fastest apple laptop you could ever get right now) for the price of 900$ CA. I really didn't believed it but I had nothing to lose to send her an email just in case... And she replied to me!!

First reply :

"Hi, it's me Samantha. I'm having problems getting into my email account and I can't access the last emails you've sent me. If it isn't too much trouble and you're really interested in the item can you please re-send the last emails you've sent me ?
Thanks."

I sent her back my 2-3 emails I'd sent her and she replied to an email address I didn't give her...?!? :

"The shipping company we will use is called TNT and is a well known shipping company here in europe.
Let me explain how the transaction will go step by step: first I go to TNT with the package and start the delivery procedure, after I give them the package for you, TNT will send you a notification to let you know the process has been initiated,
and give you instructions on how to complete the payment to their company's payment agent. After they secure the money they will release the package to be delivered to your address and keep the payment until you receive and check and test it.
If all is ok with the item you need to contact TNT to give them the OK to pay me, if not, an agent will come to your house to refund your money and get the package to send it back to me.
If everything is clear send me your name and address and I will go to the nearest TNT office and start the delivery procedure.
Please let me know soon because I have alot of offers for this item and I would like to get rid of it as soon as possible.

Thanks again, Samantha."

The shipping company does really exist : www.tnt.com. So what do you think? It is a real prank isn't it? Did anyone completed a transaction with her yet?

Thanks
Sep 11, 2008
379 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Phathak wrote: Hey guys,

This is very funny. This week I was looking for a Macbook Pro 17" on kijiji Canada and guess who answered me : hellen.cartter@googlemail.com on behalf of Samantha Harrys (samantha.harys@googlemail.com).

And guess what was the first message I received?

"I'm really glad you're interested in this item, It used to belong to my husband the judge gave it to me after the divorce.

Samantha."

I was hoping this wasn't a prank because she was selling a Macbook pro 17 2009 500gb hd, 8gb ram, anti-glare screen (the nicest and fastest apple laptop you could ever get right now) for the price of 900$ CA. I really didn't believed it but I had nothing to lose to send her an email just in case... And she replied to me!!

First reply :

"Hi, it's me Samantha. I'm having problems getting into my email account and I can't access the last emails you've sent me. If it isn't too much trouble and you're really interested in the item can you please re-send the last emails you've sent me ?
Thanks."

I sent her back my 2-3 emails I'd sent her and she replied to an email address I didn't give her...?!? :

"The shipping company we will use is called TNT and is a well known shipping company here in europe.
Let me explain how the transaction will go step by step: first I go to TNT with the package and start the delivery procedure, after I give them the package for you, TNT will send you a notification to let you know the process has been initiated,
and give you instructions on how to complete the payment to their company's payment agent. After they secure the money they will release the package to be delivered to your address and keep the payment until you receive and check and test it.
If all is ok with the item you need to contact TNT to give them the OK to pay me, if not, an agent will come to your house to refund your money and get the package to send it back to me.
If everything is clear send me your name and address and I will go to the nearest TNT office and start the delivery procedure.
Please let me know soon because I have alot of offers for this item and I would like to get rid of it as soon as possible.

Thanks again, Samantha."

The shipping company does really exist : www.tnt.com. So what do you think? It is a real prank isn't it? Did anyone completed a transaction with her yet?

Thanks
I have to admit that I fell for one of these scams years ago when I was young and cheap :( . jimmy-j summarized it the best, if it's too good to be true then it usually isn't true. For me, the $800 that I lost was well worth the lesson.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2006
1880 posts
124 upvotes
That email address rings a bell. I think they were trying to sell a 70-200 2.8 IS for 900 a while back. I poked over an email seeing if it could even be legit and person would not give me a phone number. Classic warning sign.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)