June Car Incentives

• Last Updated:
  • May 27th, 2015 11:46 am
[OP]
Nov 4, 2011
84 posts
9 upvotes

June Car Incentives

Anyone recall what promotions/incentives typically look like for June with car companies? May isn't the greatest particularly with Mazda. Been told things could stay the same as May, get better or get worse.
17 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24496 posts
9421 upvotes
Toronto
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 8:04 am
Hold on let me grab my crystal ball
... also check the Lotto Max # for this Friday's $50M draw :D
[OP]
Nov 4, 2011
84 posts
9 upvotes
Yikes. Thanks for such helpful comments. Was just wondering if anyone had any insight regarding the climate for deals in June, not looking for useless input like that. Typically I would think there's a pattern to car promotions each year, not that unrealistic. But thanks anyways :S
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2007
2796 posts
743 upvotes
Whitehorse, YT
Wackadoo wrote:
May 26th, 2015 11:45 am
Yikes. Thanks for such helpful comments. Was just wondering if anyone had any insight regarding the climate for deals in June, not looking for useless input like that. Typically I would think there's a pattern to car promotions each year, not that unrealistic. But thanks anyways :S
It's a good question OP ... some people rack up thousands of posts with casual comments.
[OP]
Nov 4, 2011
84 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks Marzipan. It's sad that people waste their time and energy for that reason or just to be mean. I enjoy the info sharing and support from this site.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24496 posts
9421 upvotes
Toronto
I doubt any response here is being mean ... it's just nobody knows unless you know somebody works at head office (senior level position in the sales/marketing dept).

typically, dealers of any brands of car will not know of any manuf. incentive programs. Dealers' job is to sell as many cars in the current month as possible. If the dealers are to tell their customers that next month's manuf. incentive program is way better, do you think the dealer will be in business still as everyone is going to wait for next month and so on.

Some of the manu. incentive program is adjusted based on leftover inventory in dealers' lots, regionally and nationally. You will always see the incentive program gets better each month if there are still huge supply left of the current model year and the next model year inventory is already on the way to port.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
2466 posts
125 upvotes
Burlington
Yeah sadly even the dealers don't know the following month's incentives till they're released. I've been hunting for some deals lately and atm Hyundai has been my best bet and I'm struggling on whether to hold out for something else and lose the low finance and invoice pricing or just go for it.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3451 posts
674 upvotes
Toronto
if u can wait, wait till the end of summer or september; thats when the deals start to come. thats my observation from last year when trying to buy 2 cars myself
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
24496 posts
9421 upvotes
Toronto
^ ... by then, supply may be low and choices of colors & options are probably limited.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3451 posts
674 upvotes
Toronto
booblehead wrote:
May 26th, 2015 2:17 pm
^ ... by then, supply may be low and choices of colors & options are probably limited.
really depends on what car you are getting. i got a acura TLX last october which was fresh off the press and even then i got over $5500 off.

my guess is that since everybody is doing a discount, some manufacturers will also offer matching incentives even to new car models; better to make you buy cars from them and keep you as a customer, than to have you go to another brand because otherwise you will never come back for at least a few years (if not much longer) with some other brand's car.
[OP]
Nov 4, 2011
84 posts
9 upvotes
Thanks for the feedback. I would need to buy sooner than later which is unfortunate since the best time seems to be Aug/Sept. It would be great if dealers were open on Sundays, looks like that's only in the U.S.

Some manufacturers have some decent deals like Hyundai as DarkMasterMX said. Others whose cars are in more demand don't seem to care to match prices and are much more difficult to negotiate with. I find the big 3 companies are much more willing to come down in price but unfortunately none of their cars appeal to me.