Off Topic

Just broke off with a lady because off my Tetracycline teeth

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 13th, 2018 9:29 pm
[OP]
Nov 6, 2018
3 posts

Just broke off with a lady because off my Tetracycline teeth

I met a girl we dated for about 3 months. We meet up almost every other day for about 3 months. Today she tells me that I have a particular turnoff that prevent her from physically attracted to me. I asked her what's the turnoff she told me its because my teeth is grayish color. She said deal breaker for her is healthy teeth. My teeth is grayish color is because I was given Tetracycline when I was an infant and the side effect caused grayish teeth. I feel like crap because I really liked her, I paid for all our dates, bought her gifts and took her to places, she didn't pay for anything for 3 months on our date. For future date I was wondering should I get veneers to cover the grayish color? I was afraid the procedure will make my teeth weak because the doctor will need to shave down my teeth in order to cover it with veneers. Is it worth really worth risking the health of my teeth for a women? I thought if you love someone it doesn't matter what they look like. It's the personality that matter.
148 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12683 posts
3109 upvotes
Here 'n There
Geez, it took 3 months for her to tell you she was not attracted to something that she would notice within the first 3 seconds of meeting you? It seems she took advantage of you unless she was stressed the whole time about it but thought she could overcome it but 3 months is a long time to make a decision about something so basic. Perhaps she was worried about if she had children with you that they would have the same teeth and did not realize it is not genetic.

I feel for you. You need someone that is going to like you for you, not something they want you to be. Perhaps there is another way to deal with the grayish colour rather than veneer? Apprently whitening, while not alleviating the condition, can help: http://www.dentistrytoday.com/aesthetic ... e-staining
Oct 26, 2017
48 posts
34 upvotes
GTA
Sorry for you bro. Gray teeth is nasty though. Does whitening strips help?
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
23804 posts
1228 upvotes
Markham, ON
if its this superficial...u better without her...find someone that will love who you are.

(if you angry that you paid for everything in the last 3 months...then dont date; telling everyone on the internet that you lavished her with stuff isnt going to garner any sympathies from us)
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
31104 posts
5874 upvotes
Ottawa
....waaay too much information LOL
In the 21st Century deleting history has become far more important than making it. Anonymous
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1524 posts
1101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OP, next time when you go on dates, don't smile. If she makes a joke and you want to laugh, look up at the ceiling and laugh. She'll never see your teeth, ever.
Dec 28, 2010
434 posts
145 upvotes
Confused Face I am sorry this happened to you. I do feel she did try and ended up being honest with you, to me that shows a lot of respect!

I would visit an orthodontist or a dentist and ask for advice see what they say and take it from there. It can be a turn off definitely, I broke off a relationship for a similar reason.
Actions speak louder than words
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
12683 posts
3109 upvotes
Here 'n There
VESTEGAARD wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:37 am
Confused Face I am sorry this happened to you. I do feel she did try and ended up being honest with you, to me that shows a lot of respect!

I would visit an orthodontist or a dentist and ask for advice see what they say and take it from there. It can be a turn off definitely, I broke off a relationship for a similar reason.
I find it surprising one has to date for 3 months or get to the point of already being in relationship before they suddenly realize they don't like grey teeth. The clues were there 1000's of times ever time they opened their mouth or smiled...
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
1524 posts
1101 upvotes
Toronto, ON
What if he didn't open his mouth or smiled until the day she broke up with him?
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2003
1612 posts
199 upvotes
You got taken advantage of. Too bad too sad. Next time split the bills 50/50.
Aug 31, 2010
333 posts
7 upvotes
Did it take you 3 months to break it off? To me waiting 3 months is a clear money grab and not honest at all. I have broken up or rather just not dated people for various superficial reasons (too many piercings, tats, whatever) in the past and it did not take 3 months for me to be HONEST about it.
VESTEGAARD wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 9:37 am

Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9041 posts
880 upvotes
Toronto
Kenwong676 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 12:23 am
I met a girl we dated for about 3 months. We meet up almost every other day for about 3 months. Today she tells me that I have a particular turnoff that prevent her from physically attracted to me. I asked her what's the turnoff she told me its because my teeth is grayish color. She said deal breaker for her is healthy teeth. My teeth is grayish color is because I was given Tetracycline when I was an infant and the side effect caused grayish teeth. I feel like crap because I really liked her, I paid for all our dates, bought her gifts and took her to places, she didn't pay for anything for 3 months on our date. For future date I was wondering should I get veneers to cover the grayish color? I was afraid the procedure will make my teeth weak because the doctor will need to shave down my teeth in order to cover it with veneers. Is it worth really worth risking the health of my teeth for a women? I thought if you love someone it doesn't matter what they look like. It's the personality that matter.
I feel bad for this guy cause he was obviously used.

As for the grey teeth, mine are slightly yellowed but I’m going to start the whitening process after my wisdom teeth are out.

OP I’m not sure the exact name of it but my dentist has a whitening thing you put in your mouth for a certain amount of time then take out, it’s about $100 and my coworker got his from the same dentist and said it made a major difference.
Jan 26, 2017
318 posts
224 upvotes
Kenwong676 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 12:23 am
Please post a pic of your gray teeth.
Thanks.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)