Shopping Discussion

Is it just me... or did Staples change their PM policy again over the holidays?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2005 9:22 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2005
4142 posts
1 upvote

Is it just me... or did Staples change their PM policy again over the holidays?

Seems that there is a new PM sign on top of their customer service with the words "in stock" as a required criteria for PM.
Want some disappointment?
"That was easy!"

There are some things money can't buy, for the widest selection of these items, there is Stooples
10 replies
Deal Expert
Sep 19, 2004
22522 posts
4365 upvotes
Waterloo
What's the point of PM on OOS item? as Staples doesn't have a backorder system, and unlikely they'll want to fulfill you PM request

So............. probably just you. I imagine their PM policy has been the same since the 110% change
Which Credit Cards to sign up? >> Jerry's List of Credit Cards with $200+ Welcome bonus/Aeroplan & AMEX Churning FAQ
AMEX Personal 60K || Business Platinum 75K || Biz Gold 40K
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2005
4142 posts
1 upvote
jerryhung wrote:What's the point of PM on OOS item? as Staples doesn't have a backorder system, and unlikely they'll want to fulfill you PM request

So............. probably just you. I imagine their PM policy has been the same since the 110% change
Hmm... what I meant was that the price match item must be in stock at their competitors, just like FS.
"That was easy!"

There are some things money can't buy, for the widest selection of these items, there is Stooples
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7399 posts
121 upvotes
Ottawa
kcjchan wrote:Hmm... what I meant was that the price match item must be in stock at their competitors, just like FS.
Obviously. Anyways, that policy has always existed. They're trying to emphasize it now in case anyone tries to PM a doorcrasher item that has been long gone.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2005
4142 posts
1 upvote
Bordello wrote:Obviously. Anyways, that policy has always existed. They're trying to emphasize it now in case anyone tries to PM a doorcrasher item that has been long gone.
Cos a month ago I PM-ed a camera at Staples that was OOS at FS and they did it instantly no questions asked.
"That was easy!"

Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7399 posts
121 upvotes
Ottawa
kcjchan wrote:Cos a month ago I PM-ed a camera at Staples that was OOS at FS and they did it instantly no questions asked.
You were lucky. Whenever I did a PM, they always called FS to verify stock.
Jun 19, 2005
565 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
kcjchan wrote:Cos a month ago I PM-ed a camera at Staples that was OOS at FS and they did it instantly no questions asked.
yes, it was pure luck, they should always call the competitor and verify price and stock, or maybe they wanted ur business?
Feel free to PM me your unused Tropicana/Quaker Aeroplan Codes if you don't need them before you recycle the boxes :)

Heatware
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
1343 posts
6 upvotes
Burlington
Bordello wrote:You were lucky. Whenever I did a PM, they always called FS to verify stock.
The new policy is thanks to a**holes like me who would demand that they PM even if they couldn't verify stock. If it's not in the terms and conditions of the policy, then it doesn't apply. Never been denied a PM on the basis of stock.
There are two types of people in the world,
those who search for hidden messages, and those who don't.
Aug 11, 2005
454 posts
55 upvotes
We have to call to verify stock.

It's the same policy since September (110%).
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
1944 posts
1 upvote
Ajax
GreenWeenie wrote:The new policy is thanks to a**holes like me who would demand that they PM even if they couldn't verify stock. If it's not in the terms and conditions of the policy, then it doesn't apply. Never been denied a PM on the basis of stock.
Sure do miss those GreenWeenie Staples posts!
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
362 upvotes
GreenWeenie wrote:The new policy is thanks to a**holes like me who would demand that they PM even if they couldn't verify stock. If it's not in the terms and conditions of the policy, then it doesn't apply. Never been denied a PM on the basis of stock.
^ :lol: :lol:

well, in my case, most of the time they didn't need to verifiy stock... there are the odd mgrs here and there that do...
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!