Home & Garden

Just ordered my air conditioner, good deal?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 9th, 2019 9:17 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2004
3144 posts
337 upvotes
Toronto

Just ordered my air conditioner, good deal?

Moved into a new development last year in Sept and was shopping around for an AC unit.

Builder uses a Lennox unit for my furnace so my target was to get a Lennox unit.

A sales person who I got a quote from last year called me today and gave me the following deal. Both prices are tax in and is from a reputable HVAC company.

2.5ton unit

Lennox EL16XC1 16 SEER unit - $3350 - $75 rebate
Carrier Comfort 24AAA5 14 SEER unit - $3000

Both prices are tax in. Cash payment if it matters. But comes with full warranty and invoice indicates so (10 years parts, 2 years labour).

I was also advised that the Lennox unit has a $75 rebate and both units will come with a winter cover.

I opted for the Lennox unit. Just wondering if anyone have used this AC unit and whether I should save some money and went for the Carrier.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
21248 posts
25711 upvotes
GTA
You've already paid so what's the point in worrying about it now?

You should've contacted RFD favourite Craig at Four Seasons. The main difference in price is not the brand, it's the 16 seer rating vs 14 seer. Having a Lennox furnace doesn't mean you need a Lennox AC.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15881 posts
10565 upvotes
Toronto
Bad deal.
DIY difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
2321 posts
1676 upvotes
SW Ontario
We have had a Lennox A/C unit on a Keeprite (Carrier) furnace for over 20 years now and neither of them have started a single fight with the other yet.

While we have had no issues with the Lennox A/C, I'm not so sure I'd buy any Lennox products again given the ease of access to those for Keeprite/Carrier products when you do need them.

As "engineered" pointed out, your somewhat comparing apples and pears here with the SEER 14 vs 16, and I think you'd been better off with the Carrier IMO.
I'd rather be outdoors camping, kayaking, and mountain biking ...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)