Careers

Just passed my IFIC exam, now what?Primerica?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2017 12:15 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2004
1742 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
biggerthanboykins wrote:
Mar 28th, 2007 5:28 pm
I'm still considering the primerica thing, only because I feel like I'm at an advantage already going in with the knowledge about them that I do. Going with Primerica pretty much guarantees me the certification and I can just stop going after the results are in. Oh, AND I know I can be an employee from hell, hehehe.

I ALREAY HAVE MY IFIC, forgot to add that, just looking for more crap to tack onto the resume.
What certification are you getting from Primerica?

If you're looking for more experience to add onto your resume, you're better off applying to banks or internships. If employers see that you've got an IFIC, they'll know you have some potential to stay/work with them for the long run.

Some banks also pay for your CSC license.

If you're in college and earn your CSC license, you'll have to find a job with a company that endorses the CSC license or your CSC designation will expire and you'll have to take the exam again.
Paulfistinyourface wrote:This is RFD. High moral values are way down the ladder of acceptability around here. It's all about stepping on your grandmothers throat to save a buck.
Heatware
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
1247 posts
46 upvotes
My friend referred me to this company. I was skeptical at first, and am still kind of. Can someone PM me some solid information or help explain to me why this company is so bad?
Feb 16, 2007
108 posts
Alright... So I am going to be writing my IFIC Exam very soon and I am quite worried about it. A lot of the companies that are hiring people that require the IFIC and usually a Life License offer the training for these courses. So you having it already may have cost you a little bit of money. There are a lot of companies that are good to start with. But it depends on what you are looking for, what kind of risks are you willing to take, do you have money set aside to live off of if you go with a commish only job, how much do you need monthly to comfortably survive.

You need to ask yourself all those questions because if you choose to go with a company like Freedom 55 Financial, Edward Jones or another company where it is commission based (well EDJ has a base salary) Then you need to take into consideration that you are going to be broke for a little bit well you first start to prospect.

If you go with something like a bank then you are safe because they pay a base salary and you dont have to worry month to month about how many people you are meeting with.

Like I said I write my IFIC very soon and for some reason all the reading that I am doing just doesnt seem to be retaining.

Some companies to stay away from are Primerica, World Financial Group... Both of these companies have what most call a pyramid scheme and it is a complete rip off and they are both companies that I believe are affiliated with one another. It's not even a matter of making an impression on them its them trying to lure you in. When I had my interview with them they were very very ass kissy and I had a bad feeling and then I heard the pyramid scheme she was trying to entice me with.

You start off working for her and then on your own where you make commission, and then you hire two people on your own and make commission off both of them, and then they each hire people of their own and apparently you get commission from each of their hires and it just keeps going and going. NOT!

Good luck

TJ
[OP]
Mar 17, 2004
449 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I knew adding Primerica to the title would generate views.hehe

I am going to be working in a bank because I don't feel I'm ready for 100% commission. I'd l ike to work at a bank for 5 or so years to sharpen my craft.

Well I spoke to my sister and she said I'd have to complete the "interviews" before I can take the "test" so I think I'm going to cross that off my list of things to do.
Feb 16, 2007
108 posts
Can I ask you how much a course costs, i would rather work at a bank than at a 100% commish position to start out my career as well. I don't want to be contracted through a company and get stuck there for years when I can have options if I do it solo.

Thanks in advance,

TJ
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2003
1712 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
tjbtg85 wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2007 10:37 am
Can I ask you how much a course costs, i would rather work at a bank than at a 100% commish position to start out my career as well. I don't want to be contracted through a company and get stuck there for years when I can have options if I do it solo.

Thanks in advance,

TJ
oh really? ;)

About 3 weeks and you are giving up?
Didn't I tell you about this before?
Feb 16, 2007
108 posts
No no, not giving up just starting somewhere more appropriate. I have a baby on the way and have to prioritize things. I don't want to gamble with my career at the start because financially I have to be prepared for my baby.

Of course all you advice and warning has been duly noted. But it looks like I am going to be staying with Freedom 55. I have signed all documentation and am contracted now.

But I am just wondering how much it would cost and if what I am doin is really worth the commitment. :razz:

Thanks though controlyar.

TJ
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2003
1712 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
tjbtg85 wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2007 11:53 am
No no, not giving up just starting somewhere more appropriate. I have a baby on the way and have to prioritize things. I don't want to gamble with my career at the start because financially I have to be prepared for my baby.

Of course all you advice and warning has been duly noted. But it looks like I am going to be staying with Freedom 55. I have signed all documentation and am contracted now.

But I am just wondering how much it would cost and if what I am doin is really worth the commitment. :razz:

Thanks though controlyar.

TJ
Good luck. It can be a tough life.
My advice would is to be friendly and open minded with everybody you meet.
Someone in the grocery store may just be your next clients.
Don't be shy and view every encounter with an individual as a potential opportunity for a life-time client. This will be the reason as to whether or not you will be successful.
Feb 16, 2007
108 posts
controlyar wrote:
Apr 2nd, 2007 11:59 am
Good luck. It can be a tough life.
My advice would is to be friendly and open minded with everybody you meet.
Someone in the grocery store may just be your next clients.
Don't be shy and view every encounter with an individual as a potential opportunity for a life-time client. This will be the reason as to whether or not you will be successful.
Thank you for the words of wisdom and encouragement. I plan to do my best. Hopefully that will suffice. I'll keep you posted if you wish.

Thanks again,

TJ
Oct 20, 2015
41 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, ON
Is it worth it to get the IFIC and CSC qualifications?
Dec 11, 2013
159 posts
76 upvotes
Toronto
What kind of dark sorcery is this!?