• Jun 16th, 2016 1:57 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 28, 2011
463 posts
140 upvotes
VANCOUVER

Just upgraded my phone to iPhone 6 and debating on Apple Care ++

I got Apple care for my previous iPhone 4S and in all honesty, I'm not convinced it was $50 well spent. I never had to use it, thank goodness.
Now that I've upgraded to a 6 model, I question the value of $129 for Apple Care, especially when the conditions seem to have changed. Maybe because it's a fancier model?
Your thoughts on getting Apple care for iPhones?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1110 posts
530 upvotes
Waste. Don't you even have to pay a deductible if it's damaged to get it replaced?
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
22529 posts
8939 upvotes
Toronto
It's a two year old phone. Apple Care on that seems like a total waste. In fact, I never get Apple Care even when it's a brand new iPhone.

Also if you happen to buy the phone outright with a credit card with an extended warranty, you'll get a total of two years anyway. Doesn't apply to hardware upgrades on contract though.
Oct 6, 2007
290 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga
Otter box it and call it a day
Jun 28, 2011
463 posts
140 upvotes
VANCOUVER
petepw wrote: Waste. Don't you even have to pay a deductible if it's damaged to get it replaced?
Yes, there's a deductible which is nearly the cost of the phone itself.
Jun 28, 2011
463 posts
140 upvotes
VANCOUVER
EugW wrote: It's a two year old phone. Apple Care on that seems like a total waste. In fact, I never get Apple Care even when it's a brand new iPhone.

Also if you happen to buy the phone outright with a credit card with an extended warranty, you'll get a total of two years anyway. Doesn't apply to hardware upgrades on contract though.
And Apple is supposed to be releasing the 7 this fall so yeah, $129 on Apple Care would be better spent on that.
Apr 11, 2011
432 posts
143 upvotes
Memramcook
travelandshoppingwoman77 wrote: Yes, there's a deductible which is nearly the cost of the phone itself.
Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage,(2) each subject to a service fee plus applicable tax ($79 for iPhone SE or iPhone 6 and earlier models, $129 for iPhone 6s or iPhone 6s Plus)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)