• Apr 15th, 2005 9:23 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 14, 2003
977 posts
1 upvote

K1 Fighting - Akebono vs Hoyce Gracie *spoiler*

Anyone else just catch K1 Fighting tonight?

Couldn't believe that Hoyce submitted Akebono...
16 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
2085 posts
15 upvotes
BTW its Royce Gracie. Ya that fight happened in december I think. Was it on TV here?
[OP]
Sep 14, 2003
977 posts
1 upvote
dell wrote:BTW its Royce Gracie. Ya that fight happened in december I think. Was it on TV here?
Hahah... can't believe I typed Hoyce twice by mistake :lol:

And you're right... this was a repeat - damn Bell! I also recorded it when it first aired in December but never got around to watching it...

Apr 14 - PRIDE Fighting: Bushido 6
Apr 16 - UFC 52: Couture-Liddell 2
Apr 17 - T.K.O. #18
Apr 23 - PRIDE Fighting: Elimination 2005
Apr 30 - K1 Grand Prix 2005 Vegas

^^^ April is a damn good month!
Dec 9, 2003
674 posts
4 upvotes
Just a "heads up" .. Nagra 2 will be in place in Apr 28 so we can't watch the event on Apr 30 :cry:
[OP]
Sep 14, 2003
977 posts
1 upvote
Lando wrote:Just a "heads up" .. Nagra 2 will be in place in Apr 28 so we can't watch the event on Apr 30 :cry:
Hehe, lucky I have DISH all programmed... just got to point the DISH and I'm all set :lol:
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
2085 posts
15 upvotes
The Pride Middleweight tourny this year is going to be awsome. The list of participants is sweet.

Wanderlei Silva
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
Quinton “Rampage
Dec 15, 2003
691 posts
1 upvote
wtf is Akebono doing in K1? i watched his two matches and his useless there
dont think he even threw one OK punch, he did take some shots b4 finally getting KOed, haha
ridin high, livin free
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
2085 posts
15 upvotes
Ya Akebono is useless in MMA. I couldn't believe he would sink low enough to do a sumo match at Wrestlemania against Big Show. People in Japan must think he is a friggin joke now, first MMA and then WWE.
[OP]
Sep 14, 2003
977 posts
1 upvote
dell wrote:Ya Akebono is useless in MMA. I couldn't believe he would sink low enough to do a sumo match at Wrestlemania against Big Show. People in Japan must think he is a friggin joke now, first MMA and then WWE.
In most match ups, Akebono wouldn't stand a chance... but I thought he could've beat Gracie if only he remained standing...
Dec 15, 2003
691 posts
1 upvote
bembem wrote:In most match ups, Akebono wouldn't stand a chance... but I thought he could've beat Gracie if only he remained standing...
i never seen that match, but i think only way he can beat some1 is falling on them :D
ridin high, livin free
[OP]
Sep 14, 2003
977 posts
1 upvote
junglebass wrote:i never seen that match, but i think only way he can beat some1 is falling on them :D
Hehe... he did fall on Gracie, but Gracie wanted Akebono to mount him :lol:

Anybody else watching the Ultimate Fighter Finals now? Can't wait for the Ken Shamrock vs Jim Carey match :cheesygri
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
2085 posts
15 upvotes
Screw the main event, I knew Shamrock had no chance against that young guy who pounded the crap out of him.

All I gotta say is that Forrest Griffin/Stephan Bonnar fight was spectacular!!! Honestly this probably one of the greatest UFC fight I've ever seen and it was a treat to see it on live TV. I knew Diego was gonna own Kenny but I never expected the Forrest/Stephan to be a match of the year candidate. I'm glad they both won contracts because they both showed a ton of heart and it was like an MMA version of Gatti'/Ward. This is exactly the type of fight the UFC needed to show on cable to the mainstream audience. Did you see how happy Dana White was? he was loving it because these guys are going to make him even more money.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2003
1016 posts
49 upvotes
LOL, this fight happened last year.

Spoiler? :confused:
[OP]
Sep 14, 2003
977 posts
1 upvote
Fire Man wrote:LOL, this fight happened last year.

Spoiler? :confused:
Err, next time read the thread first :mad: specifically post #3 :twisted:

Like I said, I recorded it on Dec 31, but I, like many other people, weren't home that night... Got caught up in the New Years and just never had a chance to watch it...

It recently reaired on Bell and thought it was new...
× < >