Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Staples

Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 - 3 PCs 19.86 @ Staples or 13.85 with PM @ Bestbuy

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2015 5:18 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1231 posts
615 upvotes
GTA
theepan29 wrote: hey op this sounds like a good deal . although usually during boxing day staples i usually get kaspersky pure 3.0 for like i think 29.99 which i think now is kaspersky total security .
http://www.staples.ca/en/Kaspersky-Tota ... CA_1_20001

is this product just a portion of total security ?
http://www.kaspersky.co.in/compare

No, they look like they are slightly different. It looks like total security just comes with a few extra backup and cleanup tools that I don't really care for, and KIS has like 2-3 more protection features. Honestly, protection wise not alot between them and this is like half the cost with PM. So you can make the decision there.
Dec 14, 2012
113 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
No issues with PM at BB - thanks OP!
Nov 15, 2006
150 posts
23 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks, OP! In for 2 and PMd at BB with no issues! :)
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Sicklyslick wrote: save your money and get malwarebytes 3pc 1 year for $20
Save your $19.86 or $13.85 by spending $20.00?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
micromen wrote: Just use AVG free. That's all you really need, unless you a freq "downloader"
Either you do need A/V protection or you don't. If you don't (meaning you have other means of protection AND don't do ANY risky activity) then don't install anything - why waste the resources. But if you do need something, it really doesn't make any sense to use a partially effective free product when a very effective product is only $20.
Aug 5, 2004
429 posts
25 upvotes
I think getting malwarebytes lifetime license and using one of the free AV (Avira, Avast, AVG) is the most cost effective solution in the long run.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
micromen wrote: This company made their own viruses to fool other company's AV scanner. I don't think I trust Kaspersky anymore.
I agree that they shouldn't do shiz like that, but not being able to trust them to run their company fairly doesn't at all mean you can't trust their product to do what it's designed to do. So not buying their product because of their tactics would be for political or moral reasons, but not technical reasons. So it's a matter of what matter most to you: punishing a company or getting a great A/V product.
(And if you want to do both, look for sales on WebRoot and ESET.)
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3763 posts
1545 upvotes
Montreal
Some CSR at bestbuy tried to PM'ed me this without giving me the 10% difference because they think it's too cheap!!! funny staff had a good laugh... would have bought it directly at Staples otherwise! lol
Aug 9, 2005
978 posts
520 upvotes
PM'd BB with flyer with no problems (the CSR was scrutinizing the flyer for a good minute) and picked up the $10 PS Rogue while I was there.

I've always used KIS, but a warning to anyone using Win 8, one of my machines that did the online update got stuck into the dreaded startup loop (can't startup without the automatic diagnostics, won't even let you into safe mode).
OakAged wrote: Either you do need A/V protection or you don't.
Arguable that if you don't need A/V protection you aren't using the net to it's full potential :)
Dec 3, 2006
411 posts
165 upvotes
tarushin wrote: Some CSR at bestbuy tried to PM'ed me this without giving me the 10% difference because they think it's too cheap!!! funny staff had a good laugh... would have bought it directly at Staples otherwise! lol
How long did it took you to get the price match? On my case, it took me over an hour and i told them to atleast give me the price beat because they let me wait more than an hour. They send me 3 pretending to be managers after the initial associate that cashing me out to persuade me that its not valid price match. Their reason they're giving me is Its out of stock, i told them it's instock in stores. So they start calling the nearest Staples in my area, but Staples not picking up. So they said they can't do it and i told them it's not my fault you guys can't reach them, it's a valid weekly flyer, its the exact detail of the item, so they should give it. So i demanded again for the store manager and they huddled again 3rd time at the back of the cellphone podium, then the 3rd pretender came which i saw him walking around already before everything began. Said the same thing somehow calmly compared to the 2nd one that was giving me big eyes thinking he'll be able to untimidate me. In the end i realized their tactics, their stalling as long as they can and hoping i just get pissed then walk out. So i just settled for the $19.99 + tax, atleast i wasted my time but walked out giving them the hit. They're not worth the $5. This is the 3rd time i got a stupid funny reason in this Sheppard/Yonge Bestbuy branch to be price beat match denied.
Happy
Aug 30, 2009
194 posts
18 upvotes
montreal
Just so you guys know, not worth to try PM at pointe Claire BB. The manager there is just a jerk. He first asked the cashier to check staples online stock, since it's oos, he told her not to match. I told her that there's stock at store, even went to the staples cross the street and bought one copy with receipt as proof. Went back the mgr changed excuse that it's limited time offer so they won't match. PM policy in this BB is just a joke.
Deal Addict
May 2, 2010
3949 posts
3570 upvotes
Markham
I have been stocking up KIS license keys whenever they are on sale. Each key can be activated within 3 years from the year of release.

In other words, if you buy a license key of KIS 2015 and keep it for 3 years without activation, this 2015 license key can be used to activate the KIS 2018 product.

Here is a FAQ from Kaspersky website:

[QUOTE]3. I have a valid activation code for Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. Can I activate Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 using the activation code?

A valid license is compatible with the previous and coming product versions according to the formula «-1/+3». For example, if you have an activation code for a product of 2010 version, using the code you can activate the product of 2009 version or any of three next versions (2011, 2012, and 2013).[/QUOTE]

https://blog.kaspersky.com/faq-product-license/2152#f
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2010
3763 posts
1545 upvotes
Montreal
rvn wrote: How long did it took you to get the price match? On my case, it took me over an hour and i told them to atleast give me the price beat because they let me wait more than an hour. They send me 3 pretending to be managers after the initial associate that cashing me out to persuade me that its not valid price match. Their reason they're giving me is Its out of stock, i told them it's instock in stores. So they start calling the nearest Staples in my area, but Staples not picking up. So they said they can't do it and i told them it's not my fault you guys can't reach them, it's a valid weekly flyer, its the exact detail of the item, so they should give it. So i demanded again for the store manager and they huddled again 3rd time at the back of the cellphone podium, then the 3rd pretender came which i saw him walking around already before everything began. Said the same thing somehow calmly compared to the 2nd one that was giving me big eyes thinking he'll be able to untimidate me. In the end i realized their tactics, their stalling as long as they can and hoping i just get pissed then walk out. So i just settled for the $19.99 + tax, atleast i wasted my time but walked out giving them the hit. They're not worth the $5. This is the 3rd time i got a stupid funny reason in this Sheppard/Yonge Bestbuy branch to be price beat match denied.
I feel sorry for ya buddy dang an hour that's long and didn't even come out with the PM pricing >.<

I actually went to 3 Best Buy store to get this PM, first 2 store took me about 10min without much hassle (just reading the flyer and online site over and over again double checking every bit of the box) and the latest experience which I indicated above took about 30 min... she kept telling me BB only price match competitor but doesn't apply the 10% because it's too cheap that really got me annoyed lol

I was like so you decided to change the policy because it's too cheap with the 10%, isn't the purpose of price match to beat your competitor why would i spend my time to wait in this freaking customer service line to pay the same price at Staples! ding dong she woke up and was like "hmmmmm ok I'll give ya the 10%". stupid and dumbest staff I ever met tried to trick me into believing her...
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2003
1231 posts
615 upvotes
GTA
saimer wrote: Just so you guys know, not worth to try PM at pointe Claire BB. The manager there is just a jerk. He first asked the cashier to check staples online stock, since it's oos, he told her not to match. I told her that there's stock at store, even went to the staples cross the street and bought one copy with receipt as proof. Went back the mgr changed excuse that it's limited time offer so they won't match. PM policy in this BB is just a joke.
Guys, if they insist on checking the online website, make sure to point them to the product description where they say:
Please note: this product is offered in-store under a different item number. Please refer to Item # 1148605 for in-store purchases. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Online item number is not the same as the in store item number. They are looking at the wrong place. Also, Staples has it on their weekly flyer, why would they check online website first? It's a bit stupid.
Deal Expert
Mar 1, 2008
19155 posts
9081 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Kaspersky or Norton? I know McAfee is awful.
RFD is love. RFD is life.
Aug 9, 2005
978 posts
520 upvotes
drdtyc wrote: I have been stocking up KIS license keys whenever they are on sale. Each key can be activated within 3 years from the year of release.
In other words, if you buy a license key of KIS 2015 and keep it for 3 years without activation, this 2015 license key can be used to activate the KIS 2018 product.
Except now they've taken the year off the name of the physical product (box, disc) making it a little harder to track.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3579 posts
2985 upvotes
Markham
PM'd plus price beat with no issue at BB Markville on HWY 7 in Markham. You won't find any copies in the computer software but I saw at least 8-10 by the cashier area.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)