• Sep 1st, 2016 8:19 am
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7772 posts
1025 upvotes
Waterloo

kayak fishing

Hello all I've been researching on something light but also can be put no on a car and found kayaks are the best. I have watched many videos but what do you all use when cold water comes? I'm new at the kayaking field also and will mostly use it in lakes ponds and small areas of water.
Love saving money......
1 reply
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7407 posts
2998 upvotes
Whitby
sassysue wrote: Hello all I've been researching on something light but also can be put no on a car and found kayaks are the best. I have watched many videos but what do you all use when cold water comes? I'm new at the kayaking field also and will mostly use it in lakes ponds and small areas of water.
Traditional 'car-topper' is a 12' aluminum boat. lot of advantages when fishing over a kayak. If you will be 2 people (needed to lift 100lb tinny off vehicle) you should look at 12' tinnys instead of 2 kayaks....its nice to have the room for gear an the 12' will be cheaper....until you want to put a 9.9 on it at least.
Fishing alone the kayak is probably a better choice because of transporting it...I don't like fishing from a kayak myself-have you tried it?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)