• May 19th, 2017 10:36 am
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3332 posts
831 upvotes
Toronto
Momof3cuties wrote:
May 11th, 2017 9:07 am
You know what works wonders for tantrums. Ignoring them. Kids learn quick that freaking out won't get them anywhere. Kid throws a tantrum he gets ignored end of story. You watch and make sure they won't hurt themselves but other then that, no eye contact, no words are spoken to them until they calm down.
That worked fairly well for my first child. Not so well with my second :) The book helped me figure out both of them to the point where I could stop or greatly shorten tantrums. Thankfully my days with toddlers in the house ended about 10 years ago :)
Deal Guru
Aug 22, 2011
12791 posts
2827 upvotes
Ottawa
OP, your concern is valid and I'm sure you remember the story of the Toronto boy that walked out at night during the middle of winter and froze.
Sheep and simple, would be a chain lock.
Apr 21, 2014
893 posts
189 upvotes
Alberta
eldeejay wrote:
May 9th, 2017 4:04 pm
I don't "let" him do anything he shouldn't be doing. He's sleeping on his own now, if he wakes me up, then I can stop him. If he's sneaky enough, I'm sleeping, so there's not a lot I can do. He gets disciplined when he gets caught but I also don't think sleep time is the best time to trigger a tantrum.
I got a latch for the front door that's even difficult for me to unlatch. Just go to Home Depot. No way a 2 year old can unlatch it.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel