Hot Deals

[Keurig] Buy 2 Boxes Get 2 Free inc. Free Ship - Premium K-Cups - Further Discount Possible

• Last Updated:
  • May 15th, 2019 11:18 pm
Aug 21, 2011
102 posts
85 upvotes
Montreal
leovee1 wrote:
May 15th, 2019 3:46 pm
Calling it "political bs" does Astonished Face

As for comparing a few shootings over decades in Canada to a near monthly occurrence (with multiple fatalities) in the USA most certainly does not equate.

But I can see now why you may be sensitive. You used the American spelling of "favor".
Moving the goalposts huh. You implied in your first post that Canada didn't have school shootings, and now changed to "few shootings over decades". I was merely correcting you and told you to keep that off the hot deal forums (politics -> off-topic). Simple as that. And you call me in favor of school shooting and pro american?

And sorry, I speak french, so I had no clue "favor" is american spelling, just as many other english words. Nice assumption
Jul 16, 2007
259 posts
224 upvotes
To me it looked like leovee1 was just posting about coffee and then made a joke about school shootings in reply to another comment.

Turns out leovee1 was misinformed in their joke and it's not true that Canadian's don't have school shootings which dinah05 points out, but also calls the joke political BS.

I've got no skin in this but it looked like a harmless joke to me. I didn't see it as political. IMO it only became related to politics after it was called, "political BS". Before then, it was just a misinformed joke based on gross generalizations but its inherently false. Tons of jokes out there like that.

Edit: grammar
Jul 14, 2018
183 posts
244 upvotes
woob wrote:
May 15th, 2019 5:16 pm
To me it looked like leovee1 was just posting about coffee and then made a joke about school shootings in reply to another comment.

Turns out leovee1 was misinformed in their joke and it's not true that Canadian's don't have school shootings which dinah05 points out, but also calls the joke political BS.

I've got no skin in this but it looked like a harmless joke to me. I didn't see it as political. IMO it only became related to politics after it was called, "political BS". Before then, it was just a misinformed joke based on gross generalizations but its inherently false. Tons of jokes out there like that.

Edit: grammar
I find it hard to pick out what exactly leovee1 meant by his post. I don't think it was meant as a joke, it's too "dark" to be one. I'm getting a sort of "Canada is better than USA/anywhere else" vibe from his post but I could be wrong about that.

Regardless of anyone's opinion, I think it would be nice to see companies try a little harder in Canada - in this case, Keurig specifically. I also appreciate websites loading quickly, like Keurig's US site does.

:)
Aug 21, 2011
102 posts
85 upvotes
Montreal
woob wrote:
May 15th, 2019 5:16 pm
snip
Well after having a cup of coffee just now, I've calmed down. Apologies for disrupting the discussion about keurig coffee everyone Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes I'm fine with dark jokes, but I thought making a school shooting "joke" to someone talking about discount coupons seemed bit far stretched to be a joke and more like some kind of statement, especially when it's not the truth. Figured I'd correct them.

Tho, I guess I could be wrong and made too quick assumptions, but anyway, back to coffee discussion. Sorry OP, I'll try to keep the banter at minimum Disappointed Face
Jul 14, 2018
183 posts
244 upvotes
dnbezanson wrote:
May 15th, 2019 7:38 pm
any new deals or coffee or what lol
Well, they've killed the SPC discount as well as the other 15% discount. Email discounts don't work either unfortunately (even minutes after its emailed to you), so IMO it might be a glitch in the system too. I've contacted them today, they offered free boxes of coffee because the SPC coupon didn't work, but I never got any codes from the support guy to make that happen.

You should still be able to use the deal described in the title after registering your machine, but you will be missing out on the 15% discount they had all this time.
I'm going to wait to see if they bring back the discount. I'm not running low on Kcups yet.