Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
1860 posts
535 upvotes

Keurig K10/B31 MINI Plus Brewer Safety Recall

Anyone who owns a Keurig K10 (or B31) MINI Plus Brewer will want to know about the safety recall notice issued today. Hot liquid could escape from the unit during use. It affects brewers made between December 2009 and July 2014. Keurig expects to start sending out a free repair kit to fix the problem starting in January.

Go to this site for more details and to request a repair kit if your brewer is affected: http://miniplusbrewer.com

There's also a link at the bottom of Keurig's home page (labelled "Mini plus brewer info") if you're worried about clicking the link I've provided in this post.

I bought my K10 last December when they were being sold at a good price. I checked my serial number and mine needs the repair kit.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2011
1021 posts
69 upvotes
Dieppe
I bought one on Amazon.ca earlier this year and mine is included in the recall.
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1235 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
+1 for someone who got them when they were going for $39.99 last December and yup, mine is affected as well. I requested to have the repair kit sent to me as well. The good thing is that this seems to only occur when you brew two or more cups successfully. Until the repair kit arrives, I would recommend waiting a few minutes between brewing cups to be on the safe side (or stand 1 meter back while it's brewing according to one of the websites I read).
Deal Addict
Oct 10, 2007
1235 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
For those that are affected by this recall, they sent an email out indicating that if you haven't received confirmation that your repair kit was sent out by Feb 6th, then to email/call them about it. So don't forget to keep an eye out for it!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
1860 posts
535 upvotes
jumperson22 wrote: For those that are affected by this recall, they sent an email out indicating that if you haven't received confirmation that your repair kit was sent out by Feb 6th, then to email/call them about it. So don't forget to keep an eye out for it!
I didn't receive this email even though they did send me a confirmation email when I registered for the repair kit on Dec. 23. I haven't received the repair kit yet.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde