Off Topic

Kevin O'Leary leaves the Conservative race and threw his support behind Maxime Bernier

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2017 4:30 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4223 posts
1155 upvotes
Some great quotes in this article. Gotta love the bravado and on most of these topics he's not wrong.

Kevin O'Leary vows he'll do everything he can to topple the 'nightmare' of Notley

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/01/19/ke ... -of-notley
Kevin O'Leary is on fire.

He is in a battle to become federal Conservative leader and he is pumped.

The man also has a lot to say about the idea of one united free enterprise party in Alberta to fight Premier Rachel Notley's NDP in the next election.

"Anybody but Notley," says O'Leary, coming out of his corner swinging.

"The thought she would get a second mandate is a nightmare to me. That makes me wake up sweating at night. I stare at the ceiling thinking about that."

O'Leary spits out the disdain he has for the premier of this province and what she stands for and how she has performed.

It is no surprise but still tough stuff.

"We have to work together to do everything we can to make sure she finds her real calling in life. It has nothing to do with managing money or an economy as powerful as Alberta's," says the leadership candidate and well-known face on the TV screen.

"I will work any way I can to make sure she never gets a chance to do any more damage to Canada. Ever.

"I've even suggested we collectively buy her out. That would be safer if would could do it, if she would take a cheque and just go away.

"She is a walking disaster. Everybody knows that now. Look at all the people who have lost their jobs. I'm ashamed of it and I feel the pain."

O'Leary hasn't broken a sweat. There's the carbon tax.

"I want it gone," says O'Leary, speaking of the federal carbon tax starting next year and the Alberta carbon tax currently on the books.

"We are going to be a carbon tax-free country. We're not going to manage our emissions that way. No chance in hell.

"It's insane. Think about this. Why would you put an auto plant in Ontario? Why would you invest money in Alberta when you can go 17 miles south of the border and do it without a carbon tax?"

He also talks about getting Alberta oil to every province needing it instead of buying Saudi oil for east coast refineries.

Saudi Arabia, says O'Leary, "is a country where they grow bamboo and beat women with sticks made of it."

O'Leary then goes after Trudeau who he clearly thinks is out of his league.

"He's never run a business. He can't read a balance sheet. He doesn't understand the effects of an income statement."

"Look at the mediocrity he's working with. You don't surround yourself with people who have never done anything. That's exactly what he's got."

"So here you have people being moved like chess pieces, one mediocre manager into one file and then off to another. We've got to scrape all of those people out of there."

On Thursday. O'Leary is in the Big Apple spreading the news.

He insists he is going to become prime minister of Canada and "negotiate directly with Trump, business to business."

"Where the hell is Trudeau? Why isn't he here?"

In fact, he says if he becomes Conservative leader and the party doesn't win a majority government in 2019 they should fire him.

He's not looking at the possibility of defeat. In fact, he turns up the dial.

O'Leary has two kids in Canada, 20 and 23 years old, and Trudeau is running up the debt. You can hear contempt in his voice as he rolls out his lines, serving up the political red meat.

"He's not going to do that to my kids or any Canadian kids," he says.

"I'm going to Ottawa in 2019. It won't be an election. I will be performing an exorcism. I will reverse everything Trudeau did in the first hundred days. When I'm finished with Ottawa, you won't remember his name."

A final dig.

"I have a message for Trudeau. Do not paint 24 Sussex Drive until my wife has seen the colours."

By the way, when is O'Leary coming to Alberta?

"Don't worry. It's coming."

Stay tuned.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
11025 posts
839 upvotes
Does he have a charitable "Foundation"?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
3581 posts
1173 upvotes
Toronto
shawn01 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 6:02 am
Ya time to get Trudeau out, has he ever seen the inside of his office before lol guy just gallivants everywhere around Canada taking abuse from fellow Canadians about his lack of knowledge. TIME TO MAKE CANADA GREAT AGAIN.
:facepalm:
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Sep 21, 2011
947 posts
97 upvotes
roblombardi wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 1:28 pm

:facepalm:
I know that look it's the look Trudeau does when he has to answer a hard question at his Q and A. cross country expedition lol a lot of face palms after he talks lol guys a douche lol guy couldn't run his classroom let alone a country lol he should of stuck with his other profession. ManSchool
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2006
3581 posts
1173 upvotes
Toronto
shawn01 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 1:36 pm
I know that look it's the look Trudeau does when he has to answer a hard question at his Q and A. cross country expedition lol a lot of face palms after he talks lol guys a douche lol guy couldn't run his classroom let alone a country lol he should of stuck with his other profession. ManSchool
Not even Captain Picard is able to react to this
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
4791 posts
349 upvotes
Insists that he is not Donald Trump and then goes on and on about how all policies we implement should be similar to the ones they are currently discussing in America aka Donald Trump.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5052 posts
204 upvotes
O'Leary gets it. He doesn't pit east vs west in hopes of gaining power from one side of the country over the other. He talks about plants in Ontario and pipelines from Alberta.

Harper ran on the old "the west wants in" mantra and Trudeau is currently pitting English Canada vs French Quebec to lock up the French vote.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
7479 posts
1359 upvotes
In all fairness Trump is AWFUL! :D
** Yes, I'm Italian! ** 😎
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8575 posts
2748 upvotes
Ottawa
>Saudi Arabia, says O'Leary, "is a country where they grow bamboo and beat women with sticks made of it."

That's bold A.F. He gets my vote.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9532 posts
793 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Thought he was a billionaire... but all accounts he is 400 mil usd +. Hmm.

So the only billionaire on shark tanks is Mark Cuban est 3.3 bil.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
36604 posts
7217 upvotes
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 3:37 pm
I thought he had less when he admitted he played a billionaire. If he becomes premier, I'm sure his path to billions will be smoother.
Mar 16, 2015
975 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto, ON
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 3:37 pm

So the only billionaire on shark tanks is Mark Cuban est 3.3 bil.
alanbrenton wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 3:39 pm
I thought he had less when he admitted he played a billionaire. If he becomes premier, I'm sure his path to billions will be smoother.
Hmm no billionaire !!!!
Sorry ... O Leary can't be a successful Prime minister if he can not even make a billion in his business.
May be someone else....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
7479 posts
1359 upvotes
too many people starstruck by these reality TV stars!

I wouldn't be surprised if Joey Jeremiah throws his hat into the political area with the Zit Remedy as his political party! :D
** Yes, I'm Italian! ** 😎
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9532 posts
793 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
CocoJambo wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 3:51 pm
Hmm no billionaire !!!!
Sorry ... O Leary can't be a successful Prime minister if he can not even make a billion in his business.
May be someone else....
Basically... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4223 posts
1155 upvotes
CocoJambo wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 3:51 pm

Hmm no billionaire !!!!
May be someone else....
aznnorth wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 4:19 pm
Basically... Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
How many billions did PM Selfie Sunny Ways make as a drama teacher, ski instructor, and nightclub bouncer? Or you think it's better that any money he does have he got from his Daddy? :eek:
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel