Off Topic

Kevin O'Leary leaves the Conservative race and threw his support behind Maxime Bernier

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2017 10:59 am
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16308 posts
877 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Just what Canada needs, another trickle down economics guy. I think we're all still waiting for the last trickle down effect to actually take place.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
7579 posts
1391 upvotes
I would have more respect for Oleary if he was worth maybe $751mil usd cause at least you could say you're Canadian billionaire!
** Yes, I'm Italian! ** 😎
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
2489 posts
154 upvotes
Corleone187 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 2:10 pm
In all fairness Trump is AWFUL! :D
In all fairness Trump is President now.
And Kevin is still on TV. He has not run any political campaign yet.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Apr 14, 2015
398 posts
61 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
I read one of O'Leary's books a while back when he first started talking about running for leader. It was about basic personal financial planning. He seems like an okay guy, and I don't think he is as "mean" as his character is on TV. But there were basic facts in the book that were wrong, so he either doesn't know his stuff and can't be bothered to learn it, or he didn't hire a competent writer.

Anyway, running a business isn't like running a country. Many politicians from business backgrounds find that politics isn't as easy as it looked from the outside.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2013
3759 posts
1221 upvotes
BC
Corleone187 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 4:13 pm
too many people starstruck by these reality TV stars!

I wouldn't be surprised if Joey Jeremiah throws his hat into the political area with the Zit Remedy as his political party! :D
Kim Kardashian for the next USA President!
A wise RFD'er once said, "Buy now, think later."

¯\_(-.-)_/¯
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
2759 posts
579 upvotes
markham
this thread is sooo funny...a bunch of RFD'rs ..praising a conservative moron thats going to try and use his celebrity to become the next PM...what qualifies him?.he has zero social skills, no compassion for fellow humans or the less fortunate, will do NOTHING to help average canadians in need, he is actually quite condescending towards them, and ..not only is he cashing in on your stupidity...you are all basking in it...

look in the mirror...do you see a guy(or girl) that makes 200k plus a year?...if the answer is yes...support the cons...if the answer is no, support anyone else. its that simple...because if you are supporting the cons with the HOPE of joining the 200k plus club and being one of them..its not gonna happen...they sell you and ideology, looking for your support/vote..and it all ends up going to their agenda in the end. period. if you are part of the club, then yes support them as i would..but if you are not...they will use you and your support and find yourself left at the side of the road, no better than the rest of us....and all for what? so the rich can richer and the poor even poorer.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1289 posts
101 upvotes
Kitchener
And so begins the push to get the "Kevin O'Leary" meme, branded into everyone's consciousness over the next few years by Canadian media.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4286 posts
1349 upvotes
cardguy wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 9:34 am
...a bunch of RFD'rs ..praising a conservative moron thats going to try and use his celebrity to become the next PM...what qualifies him?.
Change the word 'conservative' to 'liberal' and you've just described PM Selfie Sunny Ways. You didn't even realize that description perfectly fits him, did ya? :eek:
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
2759 posts
579 upvotes
markham
Conquistador wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 10:46 am
Change the word 'conservative' to 'liberal' and you've just described PM Selfie Sunny Ways. You didn't even realize that description perfectly fits him, did ya? :eek:
I dont hear PM selfie talking down or condescending to average joe..I have heard moron o'leary many times in the past....so you just pick certain bit to compare?

I just can't believe what i read and what you guys think...you guys drink a lot of kool aid..its the mike harris all over again...after he gets in power for a while....all the cons wanna-bees realize they are broke and don't vote for him again..or wait...didn't that happen with harper too?..when the majority of the populace is rich, we will have steady conservative majorities..till they make you broke..its a cycle...wasnt everyone broke in the early nineties after the chin?...voted liberals in..12 years or so..people forget, make money..now they think they are rich..vote harper..2 terms..become broke vote liberal again...coincidence? cons never left the gov't better than when they entered in recent history.
cons take money right out of the system when governing...libs spread it through the system...thats the real difference...both spend..just differently....but for some reason..conservative supporters like to act like they are smarter than everyone else..the dumb asses by into it, because they want to think they are smart too..really? step back and look at the big picture..

and all this talk of future debt for your grand children blah blah blah...you don't know where your children will be, never mind your grand children 2 gens later..both my kids have left ontario already(both in their 20's)..not because of politics, but because of opportunity. Thats always been such a lame argument/statement

THINK FOR YOURSELVES SEE IT FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5455 posts
213 upvotes
cardguy wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 4:17 pm
I dont hear PM selfie talking down or condescending to average joe..I have heard moron o'leary many times in the past....so you just pick certain bit to compare?

I just can't believe what i read and what you guys think...you guys drink a lot of kool aid..its the mike harris all over again...after he gets in power for a while....all the cons wanna-bees realize they are broke and don't vote for him again..or wait...didn't that happen with harper too?..when the majority of the populace is rich, we will have steady conservative majorities..till they make you broke..its a cycle...wasnt everyone broke in the early nineties after the chin?...voted liberals in..12 years or so..people forget, make money..now they think they are rich..vote harper..2 terms..become broke vote liberal again...coincidence? cons never left the gov't better than when they entered in recent history.
cons take money right out of the system when governing...libs spread it through the system...thats the real difference...both spend..just differently....but for some reason..conservative supporters like to act like they are smarter than everyone else..the dumb asses by into it, because they want to think they are smart too..really? step back and look at the big picture..

and all this talk of future debt for your grand children blah blah blah...you don't know where your children will be, never mind your grand children 2 gens later..both my kids have left ontario already(both in their 20's)..not because of politics, but because of opportunity. Thats always been such a lame argument/statement

THINK FOR YOURSELVES SEE IT FOR WHAT IT REALLY IS
"We're in Quebec, so I'll respond in French"

“We have 24 senators from Quebec and there are just six from Alberta and six from British Columbia. That’s to our advantage.” 
Apr 14, 2015
398 posts
61 upvotes
Tsuu T'Ina, AB
karakoram wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 8:15 pm
saw this guy on jeopardy, not very bright
I saw a clip of that - he lost badly and spelled Mr. Wonderful wrong.
Penalty Box
Apr 5, 2013
2759 posts
579 upvotes
markham
hugh_da_man wrote:
Jan 21st, 2017 6:26 pm
"We're in Quebec, so I'll respond in French"

“We have 24 senators from Quebec and there are just six from Alberta and six from British Columbia. That’s to our advantage.” 
....and the condescending part is????

also can you name when the gov't finances were better after a cons. term than what they inherited?...also contradict anything else about my comparisons of the 2 parties?

I assume you are from the west and just hate anything east! and you probably think you all are better /smarter than the rest of the country too?
Penalty Box
Jun 15, 2012
665 posts
47 upvotes
MB
What is his stance on TFSA contribution room ?
Harper made it 10000 but Justine made it 5500. The main reason Justine did not get my vote.
"I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."
- Warren Buffett

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)