Off Topic

Kevin O'Leary leaves the Conservative race and threw his support behind Maxime Bernier

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2017 10:59 am
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8305 posts
1524 upvotes
London
Evil Baby wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 5:12 pm
Just what Canada needs, another trickle down economics guy. I think we're all still waiting for the last trickle down effect to actually take place.
Maybe it's where your standing. Several times in the last decade I've been trickled on.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8305 posts
1524 upvotes
London
Is O'Lieary in Canada yet, or is it he still campaigning from Florida or Boston or wherever he lives.
May 21, 2013
686 posts
245 upvotes
Montreal
Just watched him on breakfast television, personally he comes across with that Trump attitude but I think he can do good things for the economy. On the other hand I don't think politics is his game. He seems like a total ass hat.

Oh wait... ass hat and politics... nvm
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16479 posts
961 upvotes
Niagara Falls
tk1000 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 8:16 pm
Running a government is a lot harder than you think, O'Leary
Mr. Wonderful’s business acumen doesn’t save him from being dead wrong — a lot

https://ipolitics.ca/2017/02/24/running ... nk-oleary/
I have no faith in O'Leary, but I'm not going to fault him for having concerns about corporate welfare to Bombardier or any other major corporation in Canada. Bombardier has gotten a lot of government money over the years and it seems like the controlling family are the only ones that are never loosing money on the deal.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25126 posts
5564 upvotes
GTHA
Evil Baby wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 8:50 pm
I have no faith in O'Leary, but I'm not going to fault him for having concerns about corporate welfare to Bombardier or any other major corporation in Canada. Bombardier has gotten a lot of government money over the years and it seems like the controlling family are the only ones that are never loosing money on the deal.
What are his concerns on the multi-billion-dollar green electric power fiascos across the country?

Canada’s green electricity bailouts make the Bombardier giveaway look like peanuts
http://business.financialpost.com/fp-co ... ke-peanuts

"Ottawa would be better off sticking with bailing out Bombardier for a few hundred million bucks rather than getting itself even more tangled in provincial electricity boondoggles where bailouts costs would run to the tens of billions."
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16479 posts
961 upvotes
Niagara Falls
tk1000 wrote:
Feb 24th, 2017 8:56 pm
What are his concerns on the multi-billion-dollar green electric power fiascos across the country?

Canada’s green electricity bailouts make the Bombardier giveaway look like peanuts
http://business.financialpost.com/fp-co ... ke-peanuts

"Ottawa would be better off sticking with bailing out Bombardier for a few hundred million bucks rather than getting itself even more tangled in provincial electricity boondoggles where bailouts costs would run to the tens of billions."
Honestly, I have no idea what his concerns are about that topic, I don't really follow O'Leary as the chances of me voting for a party he is in charge of are extremely low. That being said, considering he's a Conservative candidate and imo pro-business in anyway he can be, I'd suspect he's no fan of throwing money at making Canada's energy more green.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
25126 posts
5564 upvotes
GTHA
Kevin O’Leary calls ridding Ontario of Kathleen Wynne a 'personal goal'

While speaking to the The IFP at a Conservative leadership meet and greet in Burlington on Sunday (March 5), the Shark Tank and Dragon’s Den star and now Conservative leadership hopeful, didn’t mince any words when describing Ontario’s biggest problem.

http://www.theifp.ca/news-story/7174420 ... nal-goal-/
Last edited by tk1000 on Mar 7th, 2017 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
May 22, 2016
725 posts
94 upvotes
Ontario
My personal goal is to get rid of her too. Hopefully the Liberal party doesn't beat us to it.
Banned
Dec 5, 2015
1344 posts
434 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Isn't he running for federal?

Does he think the can be MP, MPP, the premier and prime minister at same time?
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
4051 posts
1101 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Doubleshot wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 8:04 am
Isn't he running for federal?

Does he think the can be MP, MPP, the premier and prime minister at same time?
I suppose there's technically nothing precluding it, just that voters wouldn't go for it. Amor de Cosmos was simultaneously premier of BC, MLA for Victoria, and federal MP for Victoria.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2014
2609 posts
364 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
webshark wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 3:25 am
My personal goal is to get rid of her too. Hopefully the Liberal party doesn't beat us to it.
I don't want her gone. I want her punished as an example to all the aspiring tyrants and traitors in the future. I want the entire party to pay back everything they stole. I want every one of them destitute and their families bankrupted for generations to come, never ever having any hope of living down the shame of what their forebears inflicted on us.
signature removed for inappropriate content
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
3289 posts
1249 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
ukrainiandude wrote:
Jan 28th, 2017 3:50 pm
What is his stance on TFSA contribution room ?
Harper made it 10000 but Justine made it 5500. The main reason Justine did not get my vote.
That $10,000 was a desperate vote grab from Harper. Hmmm, wonder why he suddenly did that in an election year?
Jun 15, 2012
759 posts
53 upvotes
MB
Chickinvic wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 10:06 am
That $10,000 was a desperate vote grab from Harper. Hmmm, wonder why he suddenly did that in an election year?
I will vote for anyone who will promise to reverse that back to 10k.
"I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."
- Warren Buffett
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2010
3553 posts
83 upvotes
I am not a big fan of Kevin but I would definitely vote for him in a federal election. I said the same thing about Trump.
RFD OT: Serious answers to stupid questions.
RFD Definition of 'troll': Someone whose opinion you don't like.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)