Off Topic

Kevin O'Leary leaves the Conservative race and threw his support behind Maxime Bernier

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2017 10:59 am
Jun 15, 2012
598 posts
47 upvotes
MB
Chickinvic wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 10:06 am
That $10,000 was a desperate vote grab from Harper. Hmmm, wonder why he suddenly did that in an election year?
I will vote for anyone who will promise to reverse that back to 10k.
"I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful."
- Warren Buffett
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2010
3553 posts
83 upvotes
I am not a big fan of Kevin but I would definitely vote for him in a federal election. I said the same thing about Trump.
RFD OT: Serious answers to stupid questions.
RFD Definition of 'troll': Someone whose opinion you don't like.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22733 posts
4649 upvotes
GTHA
Kevin O’Leary reportedly to run for MP in Dufferin-Caledon
https://theribbon.net/2017/03/13/kevin- ... n-caledon/
Orangeville, Ontario – Rumours coming from the Dufferin-Caledon Conservative riding association suggest executives there are discussing a bid by Conservative front-runner Kevin O’Leary to replace Conservative MP David Tilson. Turning seventy six this Sunday, David Tilson is the oldest sitting Member of Parliament – representing the Dufferin area for thirteen years as a federal MP and twelve as an Ontario MPP.

If true, this marks a turnaround for O’Leary who had previously had said he wouldn’t be seeking a seat in parliament while in opposition:

“I am not going to seek a seat,” O’Leary was quoted as saying. “That’s a waste of time for me right now.”
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
3391 posts
1008 upvotes
Chickinvic wrote:
Mar 7th, 2017 10:06 am
That $10,000 was a desperate vote grab from Harper. Hmmm, wonder why he suddenly did that in an election year?
Well at least it was to benefit investors if they took advantage -- unlike this dweeb who's gonna raise cap gains, implement carbon taxes that is just a cash grab, etc...
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2014
1861 posts
274 upvotes
What chances Kevin O leary has to get elected as conservatives party leader ? Is he somewhere in the 60 to 80% chance of winning that ? else no point talking about him
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3707 posts
891 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Asker123 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 1:13 pm
What chances Kevin O leary has to get elected as conservatives party leader ? Is he somewhere in the 60 to 80% chance of winning that ? else no point talking about him
He's in the top 2-3 frontrunners, but the electoral process is complicated. It's hard to say what his overall chances are until the vote happens.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
22733 posts
4649 upvotes
GTHA
Kevin O'Leary reacts to Tory purge of questionable memberships

Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2013
3302 posts
188 upvotes
tk1000 wrote:
Mar 18th, 2017 4:31 pm
Kevin O'Leary reacts to Tory purge of questionable memberships
Non sequitur. What is the point you are trying to make here?
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2006
2391 posts
149 upvotes
Going Going Gone.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
1705 posts
203 upvotes
Too bad, I would have loved to see him in the debate rip apart Trudoh. I thought Bernier would win either way, but I feel O'leary would have a better chance in a 1vs1 against selfie man just because people know his name and want our country on a better economic path and someone able to negotiate with world leaders/trump.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4478 posts
336 upvotes
Toronto
He taught me how to use metal spatula "scraping" imagery with my employees when I want something done a certain way.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5174 posts
212 upvotes
Disappointing but not surprising based on how the last 30 or so days have gone. It was looking more and more like he wouldn't have the votes to beat Bernier.

I hope he runs as a candidate for the Conservatives still. He would be an asset to the party in the next election.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
3707 posts
891 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Based on the release of the final # of Conservative members eligible to vote, Quebec saw the largest increase in membership,

http://www.voiceonline.com/conservative ... p-history/

It's possible that data had an effect on O'Leary's consideration of his chances, and I guess he'd rather drop out than lose. Odd that none of the others polling single digits felt the same.

Gary Clement, on point as always,
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5174 posts
212 upvotes
A lot of the others aren't out yet because they either want to put a focus on the policies they're pushing or they want the small amount of media coverage because they hope to run again in the future.

O'Leary has no policy fights and he doesn't need the publicity. The worst thing for him would be losing and it was looking more and more like the case.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel