Entertainment

Kevin Spacey admits he is gay after being accused of 'trying to seduce actor Anthony Rapp when he was 14'

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 1:45 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 2, 2013
345 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto

Kevin Spacey admits he is gay after being accused of 'trying to seduce actor Anthony Rapp when he was 14'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/2017/1 ... propriate/

Kevin Spacey has apologised to actor Anthony Rapp who accused the Hollywood star of making a sexual advance towards him when he was 14 years old.

Admitting publicly for the first time that he is gay, Spacey said he could not remember the alleged 1986 incident with Anthony Rapp, but said he was "horrified" by the story.

"I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago," the 58-year-old said in a statement. "But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour."
66 replies
Dec 20, 2012
135 posts
45 upvotes
Brampton
Everyone has known that he's gay except him. Reminds me of when Ricky Martin came out a few years back and all Latinos were saying "we already knew".

He's a pedophile and that's the issue. Attempting to sweep the accusation under the rug by coming out of the closet won't fly however I wonder if the latenight comedians will rip on him as well just like they do to Trump, Crosby, etc. I really hope they assassinate Frank Underwood in the next season and that he's unable to work again.

Family Guy called this a few years back

Makes you wonder too why Corey Feldman is so messed up and now I think someone is going to front him the 10M he wants to expose the remaining pedophiles within Hollywood.
Last edited by titaniumtux on Oct 30th, 2017 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fowl language
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25471 posts
2767 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Personal life aside, I think Kevin Spacey is a great actor.

House of Cards ran its course. Pointless to drag it on.

Keyser Söze, that is one memorable character.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3951 posts
531 upvotes
Aurora
Also American Beauty. Too bad, why can't these people keep it in their pants.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25471 posts
2767 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
DiceMan wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 5:17 pm
I remember that movie, his neighbour was gay and tried to make a move on Kevin Spacey. After being rejected, the neighbour shot him to keep his secret.

How ironic.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1275 posts
193 upvotes
Why does it have to take a sexual allegation to finally cancel House of Cards? That show just haven't been very good the past few seasons.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Dec 22, 2014
497 posts
109 upvotes
Regina, SK
DiceMan wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 5:17 pm
Well based on the allegation I have heard it sounds like Kevin kept it in his pants. Honestly, if Rapp had been 4 years older I don't think this would bet getting nearly as much attention. The allegation as it stands probably wouldn't get much out of the justice system. Fortunately the court of public opinion has become strong enough to essentially punish celebrity careers...

If Kevin had help from a PR person/team when he made his response that person/team should never work in PR again. Who in what mind would ever think this was a great opportunity to come out? Or even use it to deflect?
Dec 29, 2012
421 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Why is everyone assuming that Anthony Rapp is telling the truth?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25471 posts
2767 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Not sure what the big deal is. Kevin Spacey didn't actually rape anyone.

He is not Bill Cosby or Harvey Weinstein
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7403 posts
928 upvotes
Toronto
How weird, I was just checking out a clip of him from Swimming with Sharks. Disappointing.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25471 posts
2767 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 11:09 pm
Wait, what? I assumed he was married and had a wife.
He was never married. Everyone assumed he was gay. He didn't say anything to the contrary.
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9173 posts
3277 upvotes
Ottawa
Dumbbelldore wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 11:09 pm
Wait, what? I assumed he was married and had a wife.
...Travolta is married with kids but everyone knows except his wife and kids.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain