Entertainment

Kevin Spacey admits he is gay after being accused of 'trying to seduce actor Anthony Rapp when he was 14'

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 1:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25455 posts
2766 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Cas77 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 11:43 pm
...Travolta is married with kids but everyone knows except his wife and kids.
You're wrong. They know. They just keep quite. Don't want to lose that huge house and life style.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2010
1190 posts
274 upvotes
For years Tom Cruise was suspected as being gay as well. I even remember an old episode on "South Park" which poked fun of him for the entire show. LOL The rumour slowly started to blow over once he married Katie Holmes and had daughter Sari. Now he's divorced, but nobody really forgets...
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25455 posts
2766 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Mr_Fanta wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 12:25 am
For years Tom Cruise was suspected as being gay as well. I even remember an old episode on "South Park" which poked fun of him for the entire show. LOL The rumour slowly started to blow over once he married Katie Holmes and had daughter Sari. Now he's divorced, but nobody really forgets...
He was also married to Nicole Kidman and had kids with her too.

He is a really short guy, both Katie Holmes and Nicole Kidman was taller. I read somewhere that all his girlfriends are arranged for him by Scientology.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11196 posts
755 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 5:26 pm
Why does it have to take a sexual allegation to finally cancel House of Cards? That show just haven't been very good the past few seasons.
House of Cards lost its appeal once the real white house started to churn out way more interesting stories on a daily basis.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2008
9582 posts
1245 upvotes
Toronto
Gee wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 11:06 pm
Not sure what the big deal is. Kevin Spacey didn't actually rape anyone.

He is not Bill Cosby or Harvey Weinstein
Let's see you attempt to rape a minor (whether boy or girl) and see how that turns out.

Funny thing is the gay community is angry at this and rightfully so as he is basically selling this as 'gay' behaviour.
May 23, 2017
252 posts
67 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 1:41 am
He was also married to Nicole Kidman and had kids with her too.

He is a really short guy, both Katie Holmes and Nicole Kidman was taller. I read somewhere that all his girlfriends are arranged for him by Scientology.
WRONG. They adopted 2 kids.
Nov 24, 2013
66 posts
38 upvotes
yesnomaybe wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 9:37 pm
Why is everyone assuming that Anthony Rapp is telling the truth?
i don't believe it, it happened so long ago and he decides to talk about it now when everyone is also jumping on the #metoo bandwagon
i've only read there are accusations, no evidence yet
Apr 16, 2012
472 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
MrDisco wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 4:27 pm
Netflix just announced House of Cards will be cancelled after the upcoming season. Swift action on their part.
That horrendous show should have been cancelled after the first season.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1272 posts
192 upvotes
Every A-list star should be on high alert right now, trying to figure out if they've pissed off anyone in their career. Anyone in their past could make an accusation against them and destroy their career, regardless of whether it was true or not.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
3950 posts
530 upvotes
Aurora
katie9853864 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 1:48 pm
i don't believe it, it happened so long ago and he decides to talk about it now when everyone is also jumping on the #metoo bandwagon
i've only read there are accusations, no evidence yet
Though if there's no chance of it being true, why didn't Spacey issue a statement saying the accusation is "Positively, unequivocally untrue."?

But he said this, which leaves room for interpretation.:
"I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago. But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour."
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
9170 posts
3276 upvotes
Ottawa
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 2:17 pm
Every A-list star should be on high alert right now, trying to figure out if they've pissed off anyone in their career. Anyone in their past could make an accusation against them and destroy their career, regardless of whether it was true or not.
Woody Allen calls BS on your last sentence about destroying careers.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1272 posts
192 upvotes
Cas77 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 2:39 pm
Woody Allen calls BS on your last sentence about destroying careers.
Ya, but the accusations against him didn't come out during the current social climate. And Allen's been a POS for a loooooooong time now.
Baaaaaaaaa!
May 23, 2017
252 posts
67 upvotes
Gee wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 2:52 pm
I don’t read the gossip rags. Didn’t know they were adopted.
well the son being black should give it away lol
Dec 22, 2014
495 posts
108 upvotes
Regina, SK
DiceMan wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 2:18 pm
Though if there's no chance of it being true, why didn't Spacey issue a statement saying the accusation is "Positively, unequivocally untrue."?

But he said this, which leaves room for interpretation.:
"I honestly do not remember the encounter, it would have been over 30 years ago. But if I did behave then as he describes, I owe him the sincerest apology for what would have been deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour."
Perhaps a miscalculation (one of many) on Kevin's statement. Rapp's story recounts that Spacey was drunk. Kevin and/or his PR team probably though rolling with drunken behavior might be easier to sell than a he said-he said argument.