Entertainment

Kevin Spacey admits he is gay after being accused of 'trying to seduce actor Anthony Rapp when he was 14'

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 15th, 2017 1:45 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7455 posts
771 upvotes
Victoria
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 11:30 am
What a pickle Netflix is in. I'm pretty sure they're just going to cut bait and cancel season 6 even though they've started production. Spacey and everything he's attached to is so toxic now.
How far into production did they get? Were they even filming yet? If they didn't have episodes in the can I could see them pulling the plug. It's probably a harder decision to pull the plug if they got episode in the can. Truncated season.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1268 posts
190 upvotes
zod wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 11:35 am
How far into production did they get? Were they even filming yet? If they didn't have episodes in the can I could see them pulling the plug. It's probably a harder decision to pull the plug if they got episode in the can. Truncated season.
No idea how far along they were. At this point, they should just cut him out of the season entirely to save themselves the backlash.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1469 posts
443 upvotes
zod wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 11:35 am
They just started filming. So I'm guessing not even remotely done ep 1 yet, and Spacey never even got in front of the camera, meaning the meat of the episode wasn't filmed yet.

I think the series is done. So are the spinoffs. At least 1 other project was canned in the last week that had Spacey in it.

When Netflix said they needed to be sure the cast members and production staff felt safe on the set, that's when I realized it was much larger than just 1 person accusing him. Netflix knew of others on the set even before they admitted it.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
2144 posts
590 upvotes
Global Village
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2017 11:30 am
What a pickle Netflix is in. I'm pretty sure they're just going to cut bait and cancel season 6 even though they've started production. Spacey and everything he's attached to is so toxic now.
Whatever they may have already spent on S06 production they should take the loss, cancel and move on. Tax write-off...
Oct 22, 2017
19 posts
2 upvotes
Canada
He's such a great actor. Ugh. I hate to hear this stuff. I really like his work.
Deal Guru
Apr 4, 2001
10121 posts
119 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 4:27 pm
Netflix just announced House of Cards will be cancelled after the upcoming season. Swift action on their part.
Decided months ago and just announced to take advantage of the situation.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1469 posts
443 upvotes
Netflix just cut all ties with him for House of Cards. Yet they haven't outright said the series is cancelled - I wonder how they will proceed.
Aug 4, 2003
517 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
badOne wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 10:26 am
Netflix just cut all ties with him for House of Cards. Yet they haven't outright said the series is cancelled - I wonder how they will proceed.
they said its up to the company that makes it if they want to continue, but as long as Spacey is in the show, Netflix wont air it. Netflix also cancelled a movie he was in that was in post production
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4456 posts
750 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 10:26 am
Initially it was 'oh, by the way, we are cancelling HoC and the decision was made like a month ago, so go away' ...... then it was 'we've suspended everything related to this guy and are looking into things because we promote safe work environments and don't want anyone to get sued' .... now it is 'Spacey is gone, anything he was involved in or has touched even remotely is postponed indefinitely, we support all of our actors and actresses to the full extent imaginable, please for the love of god don't sue us, please, please, please ...'
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1469 posts
443 upvotes
It's a case of Netflix and the production company saying they cant continue doing the show because another case of harassment or worse would mean they would get sued, because they intentionally put everyone in harm's way. Then the insurance company stepped in, and said they will no longer insure them because of what they now know about Spacey. This is a big no no as nobody wants to assume liability now.

They had to let Spacey go. There really was no choice. The longer they pause production, the less likely they can continue. They're bleeding red right now even if they aren't filming. The only reason they haven't announced cancellation is because they already planned the spinoffs and they cant afford to axe that just yet.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1268 posts
190 upvotes
The decision was really a no-brainer.

At least now there will be some intrigue on how the show will write off Spacey's character. Huge rewrite for the final season.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2007
1362 posts
372 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 1:43 pm
The decision was really a no-brainer.

At least now there will be some intrigue on how the show will write off Spacey's character. Huge rewrite for the final season.
There will not be a final seaon. They will axe it and cut their losses.
Penalty Box
Apr 8, 2013
7197 posts
239 upvotes
Damn, dude. This has to be the fastest career ending story I have ever seen.

Spacey must have been a real douchebag. Im glad that people are getting exposed. Who do you guys think will be next?.

Travolta?. He looks like a predator to me.
Diversity Is Our Strength 😎
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7455 posts
771 upvotes
Victoria
I wouldn't want it to go on without him either. I didn't enjoy the show as much when Claire became his running mate, vp, then president. I guess the plot became too unbelievable for me. I agree. Stick a fork on it. It's done.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10150 posts
702 upvotes
Mississauga
kevindurant1 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 3:26 pm
Damn, dude. This has to be the fastest career ending story I have ever seen.

Spacey must have been a real douchebag. Im glad that people are getting exposed. Who do you guys think will be next?.

Travolta?. He looks like a predator to me.
I imagine Bryan Singer is pissing his pants as we speak.