• Sep 18th, 2018 4:26 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6075 posts
742 upvotes
Johnny2Bad wrote:
Feb 23rd, 2018 3:26 pm
Absolutely incorrect. Please don't repeat heresay or rumours and report them as fact.
There is no marketing board for eggs. There is no marketing board for chicken. There is no marketing board for cheese, or ice cream, or yogurt, or any number of products *derived* from milk. There are no "Government" anything for these products.
A simple Google search finds hundreds of articles which disprove everything that you say. There is no marketing board for eggs?? Read this:

the-egg-police-crack-down-on-local-grey-market-eggs

Or better still don't bother since you're obviously a shill for some Canadian Marketing Board or organization. The claim that Canadian dairy products and the like is superior to US products is nonsense. Open the border and let Canadians decide for themselves.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2504 posts
749 upvotes
had Popeyes today, the chicken was about 4x the size of yours
fries were a lot larger too

Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13149 posts
2117 upvotes
Toronto
If KFC is selling nugget sized chicken they should sell nuggets and be done with it already instead of messing people around.
Oct 8, 2005
101 posts
22 upvotes
Longueuil
Was in Florida two weeks ago and stopped at a KFC: huge pieces compared to here, could barely finish a 3 pc meal. As usual we're getting the short end of the stick...
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2504 posts
749 upvotes
Flsp wrote:
Mar 1st, 2018 4:05 pm
Was in Florida two weeks ago and stopped at a KFC: huge pieces compared to here, could barely finish a 3 pc meal. As usual we're getting the short end of the stick...
I thought it was from the minimum wage change in Ontario, but my friend from Alberta said they changed there too.
I remember when I was a kid I'd get KFC on mothers day. They were HUGE. I think they must have shrunk multiple times. Before the recent change, the chicken pieces weren't that big. Still half the size of Popeyes chicken, especially the breast meat.
Mar 12, 2008
543 posts
77 upvotes
Windsor
leeoku wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 1:40 pm
Why don't people try the fried chicken at grocery stores (Loblaws, RCSS, etc)? They're pretty cheap normally and decent size
Loblaws and RCSS chicken is not deep fried instead it is baked just like Tim's chicken......
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
3240 posts
968 upvotes
Mississauga
I think the chicken is “broasted” which means deep fried under pressure.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
3003 posts
1075 upvotes
if kfc hasn't backed down from this after 3+ months, they believe sales wont decline by much by doing this.

I don't think they'll switch back to normal sized pieces at this point.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13149 posts
2117 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 4:40 pm
if kfc hasn't backed down from this after 3+ months, they believe sales wont decline by much by doing this.
I don't think they'll switch back to normal sized pieces at this point.
They've been closing various locations recently, but anything could have caused that to happen.
You make a good point.
There are those who will steer away, but there are those who will pay anyway, and smaller chicken is most likely costing the company less, so they can afford to lose some business to gain profit on those who remain customers.
(regulars or not-remember, there is a sucker born every minute...)