Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2007
3806 posts
1923 upvotes
Calgary
hollandmoon wrote:
Feb 27th, 2018 4:55 pm
KFC Official Statement about smaller pieces

I purchased their chicken and the thigh was the size of a nugget.

Photo for reference:

I used to go to KFC a few times a month but now I'm probably switching to Popeye's.
This pisses me off and KFC Canada has always pissed me off. You can get all white meat in the USA KFC for basically no extra charge and their sizes are huge.
I have a Koodo account.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13455 posts
2236 upvotes
Toronto
bkushner wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2018 11:48 pm
This pisses me off and KFC Canada has always pissed me off. You can get all white meat in the USA KFC for basically no extra charge and their sizes are huge.
Hell, they also have AYCE Chicken in some states too!! $9.59 (+cost of pop):

Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
4008 posts
841 upvotes
Sask.
The last two buffets open in Canada are in SK, Weyburn and Humboldt.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2573 posts
762 upvotes
bkushner wrote:
who eats white meat at kfc? its drier than sand
you might as well go cook a chicken breast

go to Popeyes, they keep giving me breasts because no one wants them (Richmond hill, times location))
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4272 posts
430 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 4th, 2018 12:35 am
Hell, they also have AYCE Chicken in some states too!! $9.59 (+cost of pop):

After pop, exchange rate & tip its probably about $15 CDN. Lets say $13 if no tip (I'm not sure if they have servers at KFC buffet?). I've never had to spend $15 to get full at KFC for myself personally, not even with the new comically small pieces.
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13455 posts
2236 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote:
Mar 4th, 2018 11:29 pm
After pop, exchange rate & tip its probably about $15 CDN. Lets say $13 if no tip (I'm not sure if they have servers at KFC buffet?). I've never had to spend $15 to get full at KFC for myself personally, not even with the new comically small pieces.
I was guessing, including refillable pop and tax $13 sounds right.
By the looks of things it's a fast food set up, so you do not have to leave a tip. You pay first at the cash, take a receipt, plate and cup and you're good.
I've never actually been to one of these places though. I'm just going by what I see on Youtube.
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16638 posts
1497 upvotes
Space for rent
bkushner wrote:
That's humongous compared to the one I posts. It was only slightly larger than a quarter.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2573 posts
762 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Mar 5th, 2018 2:13 pm
That's humongous compared to the one I posts. It was only slightly larger than a quarter.
pretty sure he is just closer to the chicken when he took the picture
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4974 posts
1226 upvotes
Aurora
Centra.jpg
I find Asian supermarkets a pretty good alternate source for fried chicken. My local Centra has fried chicken with very crispy skin and it's quite good. The picture is from this weeks' flyer for 5 pieces of drumstick for $2.99. Incredibly cheaper than KFC. IMO.
https://www.centrafoods.ca/pages/this-weeks-big-deals
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39390 posts
3596 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
DiceMan wrote:
Mar 10th, 2018 6:12 pm
Centra.jpgI find Asian supermarkets a pretty good alternate source for fried chicken. My local Centra has fried chicken with very crispy skin and it's quite good. The picture is from this weeks' flyer for 5 pieces of drumstick for $2.99. Incredibly cheaper than KFC. IMO.
Hah true... golden spray canadian chinese food @ kingston and main has good wings.
Its simply just salted wings in flour deep fried. Crispy and moist... hard to screw up. And better than home since they got a nice restaurant fryer that crisp up the wings nicely.

Any random chinese restaurant does these well...
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2573 posts
762 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Mar 10th, 2018 6:12 pm
Centra.jpgI find Asian supermarkets a pretty good alternate source for fried chicken. My local Centra has fried chicken with very crispy skin and it's quite good. The picture is from this weeks' flyer for 5 pieces of drumstick for $2.99. Incredibly cheaper than KFC. IMO.
I mean even kfc is bigger than those
chinese wings are usually thin battered with no seasoning (meant to be dipped)
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4974 posts
1226 upvotes
Aurora
toronto19850 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 9:30 am
I mean even kfc is bigger than those
chinese wings are usually thin battered with no seasoning (meant to be dipped)
They're not wings, as in flats and drums. They're full drumsticks that are part of the thigh. And the're actually pretty good size.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2573 posts
762 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 7:21 pm
They're not wings, as in flats and drums. They're full drumsticks that are part of the thigh. And the're actually pretty good size.
are you sure? thats extremely cheap
I remember when I was a kid they were $1 each, that was 10+ years ago.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4974 posts
1226 upvotes
Aurora
toronto19850 wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 10:01 pm
are you sure? thats extremely cheap
I remember when I was a kid they were $1 each, that was 10+ years ago.
Positive. I didn't get them this week but the family and I often get these fried drumsticks when on sale at Centra for "junk food Fridays". Now they are pre-cooked and not made to order, but they are still very crispy, IMO. I couple of bucks fills up our family.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2573 posts
762 upvotes
DiceMan wrote:
Mar 11th, 2018 10:28 pm
Positive. I didn't get them this week but the family and I often get these fried drumsticks when on sale at Centra for "junk food Fridays". Now they are pre-cooked and not made to order, but they are still very crispy, IMO. I couple of bucks fills up our family.
wow I gotta check them out, im in north markham so its a quick 404 drive to it