• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2018 12:04 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3930 posts
796 upvotes
Sask.
I don't understand why we are not getting the smaller and/or cut pieces, but that's not a complaint!

We got a nine piece meal tonight here in Saskatoon. All pieces were regular, full size. Actually, the breast was a bit larger than usual.
Food was all fresh and good, price okay with a coupon.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2302 posts
686 upvotes
natalka wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 3:22 am
I don't understand why we are not getting the smaller and/or cut pieces, but that's not a complaint!

We got a nine piece meal tonight here in Saskatoon. All pieces were regular, full size. Actually, the breast was a bit larger than usual.
Food was all fresh and good, price okay with a coupon.
whats the minimum wage there?
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2302 posts
686 upvotes
natalka wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 7:43 pm
$10.96 minimum wage in SK
thats probably why they didn't change

they change in Ontario and Alberta and minimum wage is like $14
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4104 posts
353 upvotes
Tried Chick n Joy at York Mills, its virtually identical to KFC. Only difference was they have better fries than KFC (more crispy & fries were bigger) & they still used normal sized pieces (bigger than the new KFC pieces). $3.75 + tax, Tues special. I think Chick n Joy definitely have the colonel's secret recipe lol, really tasted identical.
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12647 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 10:02 pm
Tried Chick n Joy at York Mills, its virtually identical to KFC. Only difference was they have better fries than KFC (more crispy & fries were bigger) & they still used normal sized pieces (bigger than the new KFC pieces). $3.75 + tax, Tues special. I think Chick n Joy definitely have the colonel's secret recipe lol, really tasted identical.
The funny thing about the name Chick'n'joy is that they are all in their own worlds. Unlike KFC, where everything tries it's best to be the same from location to location, The three locations that I know of are all doing their own thing.
(Scarborough, Queen street and York mills)
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12647 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 10:02 pm
The funny thing about the name Chick'n'joy is that they are all in their own worlds. Unlike KFC, where everything tries it's best to be the same from location to location, The three locations that I know of are all doing their own thing.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38344 posts
3117 upvotes
Toronto
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2018 11:08 pm
Its because the queen street location has nothing to do with the chain. Absoloutely nothing. The original at queen and greenwood actually kept sueing the chain before due to the use of its name.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12647 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 12:06 am
Its because the queen street location has nothing to do with the chain. Absoloutely nothing. The original at queen and greenwood actually kept sueing the chain before due to the use of its name.
The Queen street location passes for having okay chicken, and maybe okay fries but their gravy is yellow, and not all that great.
The other two locations also seem to be operating separately, as if to have nothing to do with each other.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4104 posts
353 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 12:50 am
The Queen street location passes for having okay chicken, and maybe okay fries but their gravy is yellow, and not all that great.
The other two locations also seem to be operating separately, as if to have nothing to do with each other.
Most people think the original Queen location has better chicken & prefer the gravy.
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12647 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 12:06 am
Looks like the other two locations are going with "CNJ" chicken, while still keeping the Chick'n'joy name somehow.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12647 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 1:32 am
Most people think the original Queen location has better chicken & prefer the gravy.
Yeah they really came all the way from Morningside and Kingston road to say that.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4104 posts
353 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 8:20 am
Yeah they really came all the way from Morningside and Kingston road to say that.
A lot of people have cars. I dont live near any chick n joy but i tried 2 locations including the original. I didnt go out of my way to try any location, i happened to be doing something else nearby.
I am a Koodo customer
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12647 posts
1895 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 3:54 pm
A lot of people have cars. I dont live near any chick n joy but i tried 2 locations including the original. I didnt go out of my way to try any location, i happened to be doing something else nearby.
People actually drive all the way out from Scarborough and pay for parking just to get chicken from the Queen street location? I highly doubt that.
If you're doing something in the area anyway, that makes sense, but people shouldn't have to travel. The name should mean something strong enough to be exactly the same at all three locations.
However,
Like I said, at least the other two are "CNJ" first, and Chicken Joy second, in an effort to show that they are completely separate.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6814 posts
1170 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2018 4:03 pm
People actually drive all the way out from Scarborough and pay for parking just to get chicken from the Queen street location? I highly doubt that.
If you're doing something in the area anyway, that makes sense, but people shouldn't have to travel. The name should mean something strong enough to be exactly the same at all three locations.
However,
Like I said, at least the other two are "CNJ" first, and Chicken Joy second, in an effort to show that they are completely separate.
I live downtown, don't have a car, and go out of my way to go to the York Mills location all the time.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)