• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 7:45 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1176 posts
1794 upvotes
scarborough
For those in Toronto/pickering try "Chick n joy" they also have wedges.

I stopped going to kfc years ago. I had to eat 5 pieces to get full with chick n joy im full with only 2 pieces.

Im juts tired of paying so much for a bucket of chicken and still hungry
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8584 posts
5369 upvotes
The pieces are comically small now. I think what used to be a thigh pc has now become 2 pieces. I understand costs of business is constantly going up (food cost, minimum wage increase, rent, etc) but I'd rather they raise the price a bit than give us this garbage
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2006
1158 posts
465 upvotes
HP_John wrote: The pieces are comically small now. I think what used to be a thigh pc has now become 2 pieces. I understand costs of business is constantly going up (food cost, minimum wage increase, rent, etc) but I'd rather they raise the price a bit than give us this garbage
Never about that, did anyone ever notice that the chicken is not as crispy as it once was ?

Ever time I eat it now, the skin is kind of soggy like.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2017
7068 posts
3379 upvotes
fastmiele wrote: Never about that, did anyone ever notice that the chicken is not as crispy as it once was ?

Ever time I eat it now, the skin is kind of soggy like.
Sounds like fewer customers and the batch you got wasn't fresh. Was it in a standalone or in a food court
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
explorer11 wrote: For those in Toronto/pickering try "Chick n joy" they also have wedges.

I stopped going to kfc years ago. I had to eat 5 pieces to get full with chick n joy im full with only 2 pieces.

Im juts tired of paying so much for a bucket of chicken and still hungry
I used to always hit up chicken Joy at morning side and Sheppard when I would visit that area with my friend.
Have not been for a while and no chicken Joys in West Toronto.
apparently there is one at queen and leslie but not sure is the same plus read on here they behave like the soup nazi from Seinfeld.
chicken Joy is good but not that good and won't support this place.
I don't normally eat gravy but the taters with gravy from here is delicious.
I like the way they package their combos and they are decently priced.
I get the white meat combo knowing it will be bit drier than the dark meat.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
2115 posts
1929 upvotes
Ontario
I ate the couch on my holiday and was delighted on how good it was. I went back for lunch every day as I knew I would not get it at home.
I'm not Asian or Latino.
May 28, 2012
12484 posts
5278 upvotes
Saskatoon
profile wrote: I ate the couch on my holiday and was delighted on how good it was. I went back for lunch every day as I knew I would not get it at home.
I'm not Asian or Latino.
Hope you meant conch, because eating a couch would cause some issues.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2013
2115 posts
1929 upvotes
Ontario
Mars2012 wrote: Hope you meant conch, because eating a couch would cause some issues.
Whoops!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
52935 posts
18144 upvotes
ONTARIO
gh05t wrote: I used to always hit up chicken Joy at morning side and Sheppard when I would visit that area with my friend.
Have not been for a while and no chicken Joys in West Toronto.
apparently there is one at queen and leslie but not sure is the same plus read on here they behave like the soup nazi from Seinfeld.
chicken Joy is good but not that good and won't support this place.
I don't normally eat gravy but the taters with gravy from here is delicious.
I like the way they package their combos and they are decently priced.
I get the white meat combo knowing it will be bit drier than the dark meat.
The chick n joy at queen and leslie is unrelated to the chain.
Its an old skool mom & pop shop thats been there since the 70's. Its now run by the kids... the bro and sister. Bro is a nice quiet guy. The sister is the one that enforces the strict no substitution order!

The food here is far superior. I still support it because the food is good and cheap. imagine kfc from the 80's back when it was crispy and delicious. Except with better fries, gravy and saladz
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9779 posts
2050 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote: The chick n joy at queen and leslie is unrelated to the chain.
Its an old skool mom & pop shop thats been there since the 70's. Its now run by the kids... the bro and sister. Bro is a nice quiet guy. The sister is the one that enforces the strict no substitution order!

The food here is far superior. I still support it because the food is good and cheap. imagine kfc from the 80's back when it was crispy and delicious. Except with better fries, gravy and saladz
thx. What days are the sister not there?:)
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
UrbanPoet wrote: Never... :(
I wish you'll tape it next time you go, or at least tell the local news so they can do a spot on our version of the soup Nazi lol.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2006
1158 posts
465 upvotes
badOne wrote: Sounds like fewer customers and the batch you got wasn't fresh. Was it in a standalone or in a food court
Eaton Centre and College Park food court. The food courts I go to are rather busy especially after work on Tuesday.
With the price increases and diminishing quality I don't go to the food courts as much now.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
26213 posts
39759 upvotes
Toronto
sketchy corner store near me (Sherbourne/Dundas. S/W corner) has a Wacky Wednesday special. Two pieces dark meat. Leg and thigh plus they stuff the rest of box with wedges. Just $2.99

Haven't found anything cheaper around here.
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Cars ruin cities
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
HP_John wrote: The pieces are comically small now. I think what used to be a thigh pc has now become 2 pieces. I understand costs of business is constantly going up (food cost, minimum wage increase, rent, etc) but I'd rather they raise the price a bit than give us this garbage
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3dEpdKONWpXAUtOW2
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
19536 posts
2260 upvotes
Quarantine Bubble
badOne wrote: heh it's a throw-away piece that accidentally got stuck in the fryer.
Call it what you will but they counted it and its twin as 2 pieces towards the bucket of 12 I bought.

They still make good chicken. Just don't buy buckets where they can throw in chicken-bites like this.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2017
1859 posts
2808 upvotes
sprung wrote: sketchy corner store near me (Sherbourne/Dundas. S/W corner) has a Wacky Wednesday special. Two pieces dark meat. Leg and thigh plus they stuff the rest of box with wedges. Just $2.99

Haven't found anything cheaper around here.
Do you live in Regent Park?
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1176 posts
1794 upvotes
scarborough
looks like a chicken nugget. If that the size of a thigh, imagine the size of a nugget.

use to like the taste of kfc but haven't been in 5 years switched to popeyes and not popeyes (due to Tim Horton;s takeover) the quality is deteriorating. My place to go Chick n Joy