• Dec 11th, 2017 12:21 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1674 posts
495 upvotes
mrweather wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 8:17 am
The KFC’s in mall food courts seem to have steady business. Perhaps that’s because they’re usually combined with a Taco Bell.

My go to place lately for fried chicken is Mary Browns.
Is mary browns and popeyes cutting the chicken the same poor way as KFC now?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2550 posts
593 upvotes
Mississauga
Don’t know about Popeys but Mary Browns pieces seem normal, like KFC used to be.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7663 posts
292 upvotes
Brampton
Also noticed the really small pieces. I used to get the Tuesday special to satisfy my KFC cravings but I think I will have to avoid them completely now.

This is ridiculous how small the pieces of chicken are now.

Popeyes and everywhere else is usually expensive too so I guess I won’t be eating fried chicken for a while(better for my health anyways)
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3611 posts
629 upvotes
Alberta
I haven’t been to KFC since they opened a Mary Browns near us. Way better and the pieces are huge and nowhere near as greasy.
May 7, 2008
476 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
So interesting

I would love to eat that!
johnvlahos28854 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 6:51 pm
I was vacationing in Turks and Caicos not too long ago and was told they once had a KFC there years before. Was told the reason it didn't stay in business was they couldn't keep a consistent chicken supply. They would even substitute chicken with conch. Kentucky Fried Conch Grinning FaceGrinning FaceGrinning Face
May 7, 2008
476 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
When a publicly traded company that has increasing demands on their returns from shareholders - they can do one of 2 things - raise prices or cut costs.

What would most people prefer - to pay more and maintain the quality? Or to have an inferior product like KFC and Breyer's is putting out for the same cost?

Just curious.

Mars2012 wrote:
Nov 18th, 2017 12:03 am
What I don't understand is why they would do it...chicken is fairly cheap, especially dark meat which is what they mainly serve at KFC. Cutting each piece into two is ripping off the customer, who's unlikely to return if they don't see value in the product. The KFC a few minutes from my house is like a ghost town, I don't know how they stay in business.

It's like Breyer's ice cream, they've down graded the ingredients so much, I won't buy it anymore.
Dec 1, 2017
2 posts
2 upvotes
Stay away from KFC at all costs. They are cutting their pieces smaller and false advertising and corporate greed has taken over . took picture of KFC, Mary browns and Popeye's. You be the judge
Images
  • FB_IMG_1512068758116.jpg
  • PhotoGrid_1511632542653.jpg
May 28, 2012
9474 posts
1797 upvotes
Saskatoon
CandaceF310 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 1:22 pm
Stay away from KFC at all costs. They are cutting their pieces smaller and false advertising and corporate greed has taken over . took picture of KFC, Mary browns and Popeye's. You be the judge
Reading that disclaimer posted on the left is hilarious. How can they say different pieces=same value if you are getting less? Talk about spin.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
18912 posts
4124 upvotes
Toronto
looks like the right one is photoshopped .. compared to the left one.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7565 posts
1016 upvotes
Toronto
You guys are HILARIOUS, up at arms over chicken. World issues here lmao. :D

UrbanPoet wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 4:17 pm
I agree. Pop eyes is the best!

Along with the chicken nazi's at chick n joy on queen st e.

Their service is sooooo bad.
They have extremely archiac rules of NO request for pieces or substitutions... not even with an up charge. Its just take whatever you want... you cant even add the buck or two most places charge when you want white meat.
They blatantly avoid phone calls during the lunch and dinner rush.

But their prices are CHEAP and chicken is delicious...
Even the fries, gravy and salad are good.
So i accept the abuse and bite my tongue. Lol
Haha, you should secretly record it, wanna see if really like Seinfeld's soup nazi.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36794 posts
2603 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:10 pm
You guys are HILARIOUS, up at arms over chicken. World issues here lmao. :D

Haha, you should secretly record it, wanna see if really like Seinfeld's soup nazi.
Its more like a subtly stern decline.

"Can i have one order with white meat?"
"No substitutions!"
"I'll pay extra."
"No substitutions!"
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36794 posts
2603 upvotes
Toronto
johnvlahos28854 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 6:51 pm
I was vacationing in Turks and Caicos not too long ago and was told they once had a KFC there years before. Was told the reason it didn't stay in business was they couldn't keep a consistent chicken supply. They would even substitute chicken with conch. Kentucky Fried Conch Grinning FaceGrinning FaceGrinning Face
Wow... conch is sold $4.99/lb in gta... including the heavy ass shell! So its probably more like $10/lb for just meat.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7594 posts
2512 upvotes
ON
UrbanPoet wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 5:22 pm
Wow... conch is sold $4.99/lb in gta... including the heavy ass shell! So its probably more like $10/lb for just meat.
Yeah but in T&C that's pretty much the only thing they farm there. It's probably $1/lb and chicken $5/lb.