Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8346 posts
646 upvotes
Toronto
Mars2012 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 9:00 pm
I stopped buying KFC chicken years ago when I noticed they had reduced the number of white meat pieces per bucket...while at the same time, increasing the cost. I called to complain and the person told me they had a "dark meat program"...I told them it was a rip off program. I make my own now.
LOL dark meat program.

Yea, it's quite amazing how something can be prepared, cooked/fried and still come out to be cheaper AND taste better when you know what you're doing and make it at home.

IF I go to KFC (rarely, only when I haven't gone grocery shopping and I'm too tired to do it is when I go) I usually get the spicy big crunch. Other than that I make so much at home and it's healthier and the overall taste/quality is better.

I had 3 screwed up orders in a row with mcdonalds (same location each time), then at a tim hortons (massively huge screw up). I e-mailed the mcdonalds location directly and got a broken english apology... 1.5 weeks later. This person/manager/owner literally said around the end of the email "But that doesn't make up for your mistakes". She meant our, but that typo just showed me they really don't care enough to proof read what they are sending. They offered a coupon for a free meal. I replied stating "This just goes to show how bad the customer service really is. I appreciate the free coupon but that doesn't make up for your mistakes. I will no longer be visiting this location in the future after this many issues and will gladly prepare full healthy meals at home instead from now on". I then pointed out the typo in case they didn't get it. I never did get a reply after that.

Customer service and what is being sold should go hand in hand but for most fast food chains, it just doesn't, which is a huge reason why I no longer support them.
Mar 24, 2016
294 posts
276 upvotes
scarborough
For those in Toronto/pickering try "Chick n joy" they also have wedges.

I stopped going to kfc years ago. I had to eat 5 pieces to get full with chick n joy im full with only 2 pieces.

Im juts tired of paying so much for a bucket of chicken and still hungry
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4030 posts
330 upvotes
The pieces are comically small now. I think what used to be a thigh pc has now become 2 pieces. I understand costs of business is constantly going up (food cost, minimum wage increase, rent, etc) but I'd rather they raise the price a bit than give us this garbage
Mar 23, 2006
775 posts
124 upvotes
HP_John wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 10:42 pm
The pieces are comically small now. I think what used to be a thigh pc has now become 2 pieces. I understand costs of business is constantly going up (food cost, minimum wage increase, rent, etc) but I'd rather they raise the price a bit than give us this garbage
Never about that, did anyone ever notice that the chicken is not as crispy as it once was ?

Ever time I eat it now, the skin is kind of soggy like.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1674 posts
495 upvotes
fastmiele wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:51 am
Never about that, did anyone ever notice that the chicken is not as crispy as it once was ?

Ever time I eat it now, the skin is kind of soggy like.
Sounds like fewer customers and the batch you got wasn't fresh. Was it in a standalone or in a food court
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6842 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto
explorer11 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 6:57 pm
For those in Toronto/pickering try "Chick n joy" they also have wedges.

I stopped going to kfc years ago. I had to eat 5 pieces to get full with chick n joy im full with only 2 pieces.

Im juts tired of paying so much for a bucket of chicken and still hungry
I used to always hit up chicken Joy at morning side and Sheppard when I would visit that area with my friend.
Have not been for a while and no chicken Joys in West Toronto.
apparently there is one at queen and leslie but not sure is the same plus read on here they behave like the soup nazi from Seinfeld.
chicken Joy is good but not that good and won't support this place.
I don't normally eat gravy but the taters with gravy from here is delicious.
I like the way they package their combos and they are decently priced.
I get the white meat combo knowing it will be bit drier than the dark meat.
Jul 29, 2013
377 posts
142 upvotes
I ate the couch on my holiday and was delighted on how good it was. I went back for lunch every day as I knew I would not get it at home.
I'm not Asian or Latino.
May 28, 2012
9474 posts
1797 upvotes
Saskatoon
profile wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 11:34 am
I ate the couch on my holiday and was delighted on how good it was. I went back for lunch every day as I knew I would not get it at home.
I'm not Asian or Latino.
Hope you meant conch, because eating a couch would cause some issues.
Jul 29, 2013
377 posts
142 upvotes
Mars2012 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 1:37 pm
Hope you meant conch, because eating a couch would cause some issues.
Whoops!
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36794 posts
2603 upvotes
Toronto
gh05t wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 10:08 am
I used to always hit up chicken Joy at morning side and Sheppard when I would visit that area with my friend.
Have not been for a while and no chicken Joys in West Toronto.
apparently there is one at queen and leslie but not sure is the same plus read on here they behave like the soup nazi from Seinfeld.
chicken Joy is good but not that good and won't support this place.
I don't normally eat gravy but the taters with gravy from here is delicious.
I like the way they package their combos and they are decently priced.
I get the white meat combo knowing it will be bit drier than the dark meat.
The chick n joy at queen and leslie is unrelated to the chain.
Its an old skool mom & pop shop thats been there since the 70's. Its now run by the kids... the bro and sister. Bro is a nice quiet guy. The sister is the one that enforces the strict no substitution order!

The food here is far superior. I still support it because the food is good and cheap. imagine kfc from the 80's back when it was crispy and delicious. Except with better fries, gravy and saladz
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6842 posts
730 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 8:13 am
The chick n joy at queen and leslie is unrelated to the chain.
Its an old skool mom & pop shop thats been there since the 70's. Its now run by the kids... the bro and sister. Bro is a nice quiet guy. The sister is the one that enforces the strict no substitution order!

The food here is far superior. I still support it because the food is good and cheap. imagine kfc from the 80's back when it was crispy and delicious. Except with better fries, gravy and saladz
thx. What days are the sister not there?:)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7565 posts
1016 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 1:17 pm
Never... :(
I wish you'll tape it next time you go, or at least tell the local news so they can do a spot on our version of the soup Nazi lol.
Mar 23, 2006
775 posts
124 upvotes
badOne wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2017 8:31 am
Sounds like fewer customers and the batch you got wasn't fresh. Was it in a standalone or in a food court
Eaton Centre and College Park food court. The food courts I go to are rather busy especially after work on Tuesday.
With the price increases and diminishing quality I don't go to the food courts as much now.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13920 posts
9535 upvotes
Toronto
sketchy corner store near me (Sherbourne/Dundas. S/W corner) has a Wacky Wednesday special. Two pieces dark meat. Leg and thigh plus they stuff the rest of box with wedges. Just $2.99

Haven't found anything cheaper around here.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus