Tags:
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16366 posts
1406 upvotes
Space for rent
HP_John wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 10:42 pm
The pieces are comically small now. I think what used to be a thigh pc has now become 2 pieces. I understand costs of business is constantly going up (food cost, minimum wage increase, rent, etc) but I'd rather they raise the price a bit than give us this garbage
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3dEpdKONWpXAUtOW2
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16366 posts
1406 upvotes
Space for rent
badOne wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:15 pm
heh it's a throw-away piece that accidentally got stuck in the fryer.
Call it what you will but they counted it and its twin as 2 pieces towards the bucket of 12 I bought.

They still make good chicken. Just don't buy buckets where they can throw in chicken-bites like this.
Jan 26, 2017
295 posts
204 upvotes
sprung wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:36 pm
sketchy corner store near me (Sherbourne/Dundas. S/W corner) has a Wacky Wednesday special. Two pieces dark meat. Leg and thigh plus they stuff the rest of box with wedges. Just $2.99

Haven't found anything cheaper around here.
Do you live in Regent Park?
Mar 24, 2016
478 posts
407 upvotes
scarborough
looks like a chicken nugget. If that the size of a thigh, imagine the size of a nugget.

use to like the taste of kfc but haven't been in 5 years switched to popeyes and not popeyes (due to Tim Horton;s takeover) the quality is deteriorating. My place to go Chick n Joy
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
7649 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:36 pm
sketchy corner store near me (Sherbourne/Dundas. S/W corner) has a Wacky Wednesday special. Two pieces dark meat. Leg and thigh plus they stuff the rest of box with wedges. Just $2.99

Haven't found anything cheaper around here.
Bebo123 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:38 pm
Do you live in Regent Park?
I swear I remember a popeyes around that area which to me was very strange.
could possibly be former Popeyes franchisee gave up the franchise and open their own non royalty store.
WE see this a lot in the pizza and wings business.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
15949 posts
12539 upvotes
Toronto
gh05t wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 11:41 am
I swear I remember a popeyes around that area which to me was very strange.
could possibly be former Popeyes franchisee gave up the franchise and open their own non royalty store.
WE see this a lot in the pizza and wings business.
Close. Used to be one at South East corner of Sherbourne/Queen. Went on to become two failed pubs.
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
2722 posts
241 upvotes
Pickering
Holy smokes, wish I read this first before going there today. Ordered a 4 piece with fries and gravy, the actual size of the chicken pieces was incredible, wtf happened to KFC?!?

First time being there in many years, will never set foot in there again, what a ripoff.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
39047 posts
3430 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
night blade wrote:
Dec 17th, 2017 12:46 pm
Holy smokes, wish I read this first before going there today. Ordered a 4 piece with fries and gravy, the actual size of the chicken pieces was incredible, wtf happened to KFC?!?

First time being there in many years, will never set foot in there again, what a ripoff.
We still have popeyes :(
But i miss that home style with light batter! I remember it being so delicious when i was a kid.

Funny story... My parents said that when i was born... They celebrated by buying a bucket of kfc! They were refugees new to Canada... So eating a big bucket of nothing but meat was a big deal :lol: but "Canadian chicken is amazing... But their vegetables are strange and mushy... How do they grow these?."
That was my mom's first experience with coleslaw.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
3991 posts
832 upvotes
Sask.
Got KFC last night, the festive double bucket. Chicken pieces were same as usual, nice and fresh, same normal size as always.
Dec 6, 2017
28 posts
4 upvotes
I went to KFC last night and was so shocked by the size of the chicken that I had to google it. It looks like it's an actual thing.