Tags:
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14670 posts
1119 upvotes
Toronto
HP_John wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 10:42 pm
The pieces are comically small now. I think what used to be a thigh pc has now become 2 pieces. I understand costs of business is constantly going up (food cost, minimum wage increase, rent, etc) but I'd rather they raise the price a bit than give us this garbage
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3dEpdKONWpXAUtOW2
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14670 posts
1119 upvotes
Toronto
badOne wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 7:15 pm
heh it's a throw-away piece that accidentally got stuck in the fryer.
Call it what you will but they counted it and its twin as 2 pieces towards the bucket of 12 I bought.

They still make good chicken. Just don't buy buckets where they can throw in chicken-bites like this.
Jan 26, 2017
103 posts
77 upvotes
sprung wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:36 pm
sketchy corner store near me (Sherbourne/Dundas. S/W corner) has a Wacky Wednesday special. Two pieces dark meat. Leg and thigh plus they stuff the rest of box with wedges. Just $2.99

Haven't found anything cheaper around here.
Do you live in Regent Park?
Mar 24, 2016
295 posts
278 upvotes
scarborough
looks like a chicken nugget. If that the size of a thigh, imagine the size of a nugget.

use to like the taste of kfc but haven't been in 5 years switched to popeyes and not popeyes (due to Tim Horton;s takeover) the quality is deteriorating. My place to go Chick n Joy
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
6858 posts
737 upvotes
Toronto
sprung wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 4:36 pm
sketchy corner store near me (Sherbourne/Dundas. S/W corner) has a Wacky Wednesday special. Two pieces dark meat. Leg and thigh plus they stuff the rest of box with wedges. Just $2.99

Haven't found anything cheaper around here.
Bebo123 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 11:38 pm
Do you live in Regent Park?
I swear I remember a popeyes around that area which to me was very strange.
could possibly be former Popeyes franchisee gave up the franchise and open their own non royalty store.
WE see this a lot in the pizza and wings business.
Deal Guru
Apr 16, 2002
13930 posts
9556 upvotes
Toronto
gh05t wrote:
Dec 10th, 2017 11:41 am
I swear I remember a popeyes around that area which to me was very strange.
could possibly be former Popeyes franchisee gave up the franchise and open their own non royalty store.
WE see this a lot in the pizza and wings business.
Close. Used to be one at South East corner of Sherbourne/Queen. Went on to become two failed pubs.
"Had one yesterday and there was a full slice of onion no thinner than a polio shoe.

I cried out in despair." RFD user Dingus

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

night blade