Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12569 posts
1887 upvotes
Toronto
UrbanPoet wrote:
Jan 28th, 2018 6:30 pm
Good!
But if youre unlucky... you might run into a batch thats been sitting under the heat lamp too long. It gets dry. Seasoning, texture and flavor are great when it dorsnt sit out to long. I have a feeling chicken boulion or mag is used to flavor the seasoning. The saltiness just has that type of mouth feel.
Is there a specific location recommended in Toronto for 7 11?
The Donlands location took excellent care of their fried chicken, cooked a special way, but they recently closed down.
I wonder if another 7 11 location snatched up their equipment?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19669 posts
3344 upvotes
Poormond Hill
So last weekend I had the hunger for some fried chicken and decided to eat Mary Browns. But at the same time I remembered this thread about KFC and decided to buy 2P meals from both of them. Let it be known that I bought the $5.99 KFC deal while Mary Browns was the regular $9.99 meal. I came home and weighted the chicken and this what I got. Bare in mind that the scale was reset to zero to account for the plate.

After eating it all, I realized that I should have separated the meat from the bones and weight it. Well that means I got to eat both of them again!
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Feb 5, 2007
379 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
Why don't people try the fried chicken at grocery stores (Loblaws, RCSS, etc)? They're pretty cheap normally and decent size
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
20140 posts
5042 upvotes
Toronto
that's not much of a weight diff, considering $4 cost more for MB. I will stick with Popeye.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12569 posts
1887 upvotes
Toronto
leeoku wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 1:40 pm
Why don't people try the fried chicken at grocery stores (Loblaws, RCSS, etc)? They're pretty cheap normally and decent size
Is the chicken good there? I can tell you right now the chicken at Fortino's is absolutely gross and I will never eat chicken at their "dine in" ever again. (across the street from Woodbine Centre)
Being the same company as Loblaws and RCSS, I have been nervous to give the others a chance.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
38304 posts
3096 upvotes
Toronto
leeoku wrote:
Its not that good... only good for convienencr when shopping after work & you need a quick dinner.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
6814 posts
1170 upvotes
sandikosh wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 12:46 pm
So last weekend I had the hunger for some fried chicken and decided to eat Mary Browns. But at the same time I remembered this thread about KFC and decided to buy 2P meals from both of them. Let it be known that I bought the $5.99 KFC deal while Mary Browns was the regular $9.99 meal. I came home and weighted the chicken and this what I got. Bare in mind that the scale was reset to zero to account for the plate.

After eating it all, I realized that I should have separated the meat from the bones and weight it. Well that means I got to eat both of them again!
Mary Browns has a $6.99 2 piece special right now, so you failed at RFDing.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10635 posts
1023 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
sandikosh wrote:
Jan 29th, 2018 12:46 pm
Did you also measure your glucose and cholesterol count right after?? lol. *welp*
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10635 posts
1023 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
leeoku wrote:
Becuz they suck. I have tried them and they are not "fried" chicken but baked chicken with that yucky breaded coating that's been sitting under the heat lamps for several hours.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1195 posts
356 upvotes
Markham
This is my go to place for fried chicken now. It’s located across from Markville Mall.

https://yelp.to/qTKq/TF5wezLEbK

I would love to try the Mary browns fried chicken one day. Too bad there aren’t any locations close by where I live.
Phone: S8+ Koodo 10gb
Gaming Rig: R7 2700X | Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming | EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 | Crucial 500GB SSD | 16GB 3200mhz | Alienware AW3418DW | Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG
Currently playing: The Division, Resident Evil 7
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4173 posts
545 upvotes
myinglin0318 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 12:23 pm
This is my go to place for fried chicken now. It’s located across from Markville Mall.

I would love to try the Mary browns fried chicken one day. Too bad there aren’t any locations close by where I live.
Going to give them a try today.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2013
1195 posts
356 upvotes
Markham
Kherani wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 12:41 pm
Going to give them a try today.
They have the 3pc special today for $3.99. Ask for the spicy chicken if you can because they make them fresh! I guess because it’s so popular that it always run out so go for it if you want the freshest. Also, try their Cajun fries as well! Let me know what you think. They are the juiciest fried chicken I’ve ever had. Way better than kfc and Popeyes in my opinion.
Phone: S8+ Koodo 10gb
Gaming Rig: R7 2700X | Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming | EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 | Crucial 500GB SSD | 16GB 3200mhz | Alienware AW3418DW | Fractal Design Meshify C Dark TG
Currently playing: The Division, Resident Evil 7
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
12569 posts
1887 upvotes
Toronto
myinglin0318 wrote:

Yeah, I can get to a Mary Browns easily but I'm not going to go all the way out to Markham just to eat chicken.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2016
2274 posts
679 upvotes
myinglin0318 wrote:

what'd you get? I got the 2 piece and it was really dry for dark meat
it was over a year ago though, I go to the eye doctor in that plaza and it was a Tuesday the 2nd last time I went
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2007
4173 posts
545 upvotes
myinglin0318 wrote:
Feb 1st, 2018 12:44 pm
They have the 3pc special today for $3.99. Ask for the spicy chicken if you can because they make them fresh! I guess because it’s so popular that it always run out so go for it if you want the freshest. Also, try their Cajun fries as well! Let me know what you think. They are the juiciest fried chicken I’ve ever had. Way better than kfc and Popeyes in my opinion.
3 pc special is $4.99 now. The chicken was good but they gave me 2 small drumsticks. I went with my brother and he got the chicken sandwich was wasn't too great, Popeyes has a way better sandwich. The fries were excellent though.