• Aug 28th, 2017 12:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1495 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto

200M Sapphire Glass Auto Mechanical Watch $299CAD

A very good deal on a watch from a Canadian Company.
A similar watch with these specs would go for at least double this price.

Watch Specifications

Movement - Citizen Miyota 82S7 Automatic Mechanical movement, 21 Jewels. Precision accuracy.

Water Resistance - 20ATM, (200 meters) or 650ft depth. You will probably never reach this depth, but there's confidence in knowing your watch is watertight in every situation you are likely to encounter.
Glass - Domed Sapphire glass front and back, Anti Reflective coating on Front (3 coats), Scratch resistant (Can only be scratched by diamonds).
Strap - Real Leather, Quick Release (easy change), Extra Long, stainless steel buckle
Watch Case - 316L Polished Stainless Steel, surgical quality. No corrosion, tough to withstand everyday knocks and bangs.
Dial - Hand applied numbers and indicies, diamond cut hands
Case width - 43mm
Case depth - 9mm

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wh ... es/rewards

FAQ

Do I need to change the battery? 
The 150M watch does not require a battery, the Miyota 82S7 caliber is an automatic movement that is powered by the movement of your wrist as you undertake your daily routine.

Why have you chosen a Japanese miyota movement instead of a Swiss movement? 
Japanese movements are now as reliable as any Swiss movement. We have decided to go with the Citizen Miyota in order to keep the timepiece affordable.

When will my card be charged? 

Kickstartar doesn’t work like an e-commerce shop, in fact your card will be charged 3-5 days after the campaign ends, and then only if it has been fully funded.

Will my watch be warranted? 

All the Whytes watches are warranted for two years after you receive it for the deign and movement. it is not possible to warrant watches which have been damaged directly by backers but we will help however we can to remedy the issues (there may be a charge).

Are the Stretch Goals extended to all backers?
 All watch backers will benefit from the Stretch Goals, regardless of the contribution date or number of watches purchased.

Who is your express courier? We partner with DHL for our deliveries globally. In Canada we will be using Canada Post, in line with our goals to support Canadian companies.
Last edited by zobi123 on Jul 18th, 2017 6:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
20 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2013
4128 posts
871 upvotes
Halifax
I fail to see how this is a deal. I have numerous watches and would never do a kick starter for one like this .... my last kickstarter left a sour taste in my mouth and this is pretty pricey for a watch we don't know.
May 30, 2013
133 posts
49 upvotes
Markham
Miyota 82S7 only has an accuracy of -20~+40 seconds/day. It is only a $40usd movement; so $299 for an unknow brand and cheap movement. Plus I couldn't find anywhere on the kickstarter saying where the watch is made. It might just be a cheap made in China watch.
Last edited by chanc2 on Jul 18th, 2017 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1495 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
chanc2 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 6:37 am
Miyota 82S7 only has an accuracy of -20~+40 seconds/day. It is only a $40usd movement; $299 for an unknow brand and cheap movement, no thanks.
I think you are talking about the manual winding one.
This one is self winding fully automatic.
Jul 7, 2016
718 posts
425 upvotes
no battery needed and 200metres and I do like the look but people are saying it is not a good deal
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2012
2839 posts
842 upvotes
I'd rather buy an Orient Mako USA for this price and specs. Speaking of which, I'm selling mine in the BST forums.
Nov 23, 2012
192 posts
63 upvotes
Sherbrooke, Qc
VIIVIIIXIII wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 7:03 am
I'd rather buy an Orient Mako USA for this price and specs. Speaking of which, I'm selling mine in the BST forums.
Or an Orient bambino like mine, I love it to death.
Aug 11, 2005
207 posts
134 upvotes
why did the OP start another thread when his first thread got locked? seems like self advertisement

until there's verification of the specs it's a risky purchase
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1495 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
grouch wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 7:20 am
why did the OP start another thread when his first thread got locked? seems like self advertisement

until there's verification of the specs it's a risky purchase
The cheaper price point got sold out and they moved it to expired deals. I have no relation to the Kickstarter, I simply thought it was a nice watch.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
17611 posts
3890 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
The perfect watch for premeditated axe murder?

I have a Seiko Monster and I like everything about it except for the stupid automatic movement, I just don't have the patience to deal with all of the setting and adjusting. Solar watches are superior in every single practical sense.
Jul 5, 2013
269 posts
346 upvotes
Saint John
zobi123 wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 6:43 am
I think you are talking about the manual winding one.
This one is self winding fully automatic.
This one costs US$60
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
5706 posts
520 upvotes
Mississauga
Lol we're posting kickstarters now?

Sad and not hot
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2010
2491 posts
622 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
BinaryJay wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 8:19 am
The perfect watch for premeditated axe murder?

I have a Seiko Monster and I like everything about it except for the stupid automatic movement, I just don't have the patience to deal with all of the setting and adjusting. Solar watches are superior in every single practical sense.
Totally agree. Citizen Eco Drive is my dream watch.
When you check the time in automatic movement, you just never know if the time is true. My father has one and he needs to ask me what time is it after he looked at his watch.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.