200M Sapphire Glass Auto Mechanical Watch $299CAD

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2017 12:00 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
1886 posts
538 upvotes
Edmonton
I guess I'm lucky my 82 movement watch is good to around 15 seconds a week. That being said, it's in a much nicer case - and cost under $100.

Sorry - thumbs down on this
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Nov 10, 2016
20 posts
22 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
I don't go for kickstarters, just check the delivery dates, most of the time they deliver in one year or so and even if they do deliver (which usually is not the case), they need like another year because they ran into quality or any other issues.

I know doing business and putting your ideas to work is risky and no one supports it, kickstarter was the prefect platform for this, but people started abusing the system and just started to scam everyone.

I am following some projects that have a lot of approval and met their goals, I thought to myself I don't mind paying full price when they come out, well for some it's been like one year from original released promised date and nothing.

I think one of the most famous kickstarter products delivered was the oculus rift and even then, they took like 2 or 3 years to fully deliver the final products.

I agree with others, I don't think that kickstarters belong here.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
1555 posts
466 upvotes
Toronto
walleye*guy wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 9:08 am
I guess I'm lucky my 82 movement watch is good to around 15 seconds a week. That being said, it's in a much nicer case - and cost under $100.

Sorry - thumbs down on this
Wow sounds nice, which one is that?
Jan 23, 2003
910 posts
47 upvotes
Mississauga
neverhaveiever wrote:
Jul 18th, 2017 6:28 am
I fail to see how this is a deal. I have numerous watches and would never do a kick starter for one like this .... my last kickstarter left a sour taste in my mouth and this is pretty pricey for a watch we don't know.
curious what was your last kickstarter?
Dec 9, 2003
204 posts
57 upvotes
Supported 2 microbrands so far on kickstarter and couldn't be happier. You do always run the risk on kickstarter so its good to do some research on forums about the brand and the project.