Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Kids Sail Free on Carnival Cruise Line

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2014 1:53 pm
Tags:
35 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Singing my kids up now, I hope they will be ok by themselves for a couple of weeks.
Aug 9, 2010
515 posts
459 upvotes
Well we freaking blew it. We sail April 24th or so and we're bringing our 9 month baby.
Dec 6, 2008
809 posts
619 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Singing my kids up now, I hope they will be ok by themselves for a couple of weeks.
parent and proofreader of the year!
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
Perfect timing as just yesterday we decided on this cruise as it allows a family of 5 to be in one room! Price was around $1400 yesterday and today with the promo its $1200. A few questions as we've never done a cruise before.

Oceanview rooms are slightly more expensive, is it worth it? Do the staterooms come with ANY window? The oceanview rooms can they be opened?
Which deck is better? It gave 2 options: Riveria or Main. Main is $1 more p.p./day
When selecting room which is better the middle,back,front? Easier access to most things? Since our kids are young we'll probably be going back and forth to our room to change diapers etc.

Any other tips when booking?

Also say if we book via sears travel is that a better option than booking directly with carnival???

Looking at May 8-12 from Miami.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2008
8405 posts
4690 upvotes
mmhassa2 wrote: Perfect timing as just yesterday we decided on this cruise as it allows a family of 5 to be in one room! Price was around $1400 yesterday and today with the promo its $1200. A few questions as we've never done a cruise before.

Oceanview rooms are slightly more expensive, is it worth it? Do the staterooms come with ANY window? The oceanview rooms can they be opened?
Which deck is better? It gave 2 options: Riveria or Main. Main is $1 more p.p./day
When selecting room which is better the middle,back,front? Easier access to most things? Since our kids are young we'll probably be going back and forth to our room to change diapers etc.

Any other tips when booking?

Also say if we book via sears travel is that a better option than booking directly with carnival???

Looking at May 8-12 from Miami.
If you have seniors who are comfortable closer to their own private room, balconies are preferred. Otherwise, if you're cost-sensitive go to one of the many decks.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2012
3086 posts
1099 upvotes
Toronto
Heard carnival doesn't deliver such a great experience.
Jan 14, 2010
94 posts
20 upvotes
Since it's your first cruise, I would recommend getting a room closer to the back of the ship. Since you probably don't know if anyone in your family is seasick, there's less rocking & reeling.

For the Oceanview, I always had room with balcony and loved it (with younger children, I could relax on the balcony while they are doing their nap) so I cannot really comment on it since I never experienced without it.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
mlarouche wrote: Since it's your first cruise, I would recommend getting a room closer to the back of the ship. Since you probably don't know if anyone in your family is seasick, there's less rocking & reeling.

For the Oceanview, I always had room with balcony and loved it (with younger children, I could relax on the balcony while they are doing their nap) so I cannot really comment on it since I never experienced without it.
Ok thats great info...Will be looking for something towards the back :)
Aug 27, 2008
457 posts
243 upvotes
On our first cruise we sprang for a balcony room. Literally the only time we were in the room was when we were sleeping, so unless you are planning on spending a decent portion of your cruise holed up in those small rooms its probably best to save the money and get one without a balcony.
Rogers Line #1 (iPhone 4 32GB): 450 Anytime Minutes | Evenings&Weekends @ 6 PM | Unlimited Incoming Calls | Unlimited R2R Calls | 100 LD Minutes | 2500 SMS | Caller ID | VM | 6GB Data | TOTAL = $37.50 + GRRF = $40.08 - 15% BCB Discount |
Rogers Line #2 (Blackberry Bold 9700): 450 Anytime Minutes | Evenings&Weekends @ 6 PM | Unlimited Incoming Calls | Unlimited Network Calls + LD | 100 LD Minutes | 2500 SMS | Caller ID | VM | 6GB Data | TOTAL = $42.50 + GRRF = $45.08 - 15% BCB Discount |
Oct 21, 2013
64 posts
11 upvotes
Whitchurch-Stouffvil…
mlarouche wrote: Since it's your first cruise, I would recommend getting a room closer to the back of the ship. Since you probably don't know if anyone in your family is seasick, there's less rocking & reeling.

This is incorrect. If you are concerned with motion sickness you would want to be in the middle of the ship as low down as possible. That is where the motion of the ship would be felt least.
Oct 21, 2013
64 posts
11 upvotes
Whitchurch-Stouffvil…

This is incorrect. You would want to have a cabin in the middle of the ship as low down as possible. This is where the motion of the ship would be felt the least.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2007
3879 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto
So asked Sears travel to give a quote and they quote $1560 CND with NO onboard credits for the same trip that is $1211.95 USD on the carnival website. Even with the currency exchange/fee it comes to $1392.05 CND using the Visa....so US price is still cheaper.

I looked through priceline/orbitz etc and dont see the kids free promo added to the total price? Only see it on the carnival website. Is there any reason for that? Im having a hardtime finding any of the online travel retailers matching carnival's website price. Dont want to waste too much time so is it safe to assume they are the cheapest?

Priced our same trip with priceline and its $1568???
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
3567 posts
3194 upvotes
mmhassa2 wrote: So asked Sears travel to give a quote and they quote $1560 CND with NO onboard credits for the same trip that is $1211.95 USD on the carnival website. Even with the currency exchange/fee it comes to $1392.05 using the Visa....so US price is still cheaper.

I looked through priceline/orbitz etc and dont see the kids free promo added to the total price? Only see it on the carnival website. Is there any reason for that?
If you have a CAA card try them. I have booked many cruises through them and they are outstanding.
Dec 8, 2013
143 posts
36 upvotes
Going on a Carnival Cruise this Sunday for $250/person for a balcony with tax. This is with the Carnival employee 'Friends and Family' discount. If you know any Carnival employees, this is the best deal you can get!
Jan 14, 2004
274 posts
99 upvotes
Kids sail free but they now charge for Norovirus. That's where they get you!
May 15, 2012
41 posts
13 upvotes
THORNHILL
I've been on quite a few cruises. From my experience, to avoid feeling a ton of movement, especially overnight, generally you want a mid ship cabin that is higher up. Thats why the prices are generally higher for those cabins. I don't think the back of the boat is a good choice.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2005
1455 posts
937 upvotes
Hawkesbury, ON
Norwegian is also offering kids sail for free. And dining credit for premium restaurants. I booked with them a couple of weeks ago. Came to $3800 for 4 of us in a mini-suite with everything included. Movement on a cruise ship doesn't bother me after 25 years in the Navy :)
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
1289 posts
692 upvotes
Toronto
To reduce likelihood of seasickness, get a cabin in middle of the ship, and low dek (not high deck). But with Carnival, mid-ship is more expensive.

Inside cabins are fine, unless you really really want to have a balcony for a lot higher cost.

Being on many different cruises. Carnival is great. You get pampered. But people that are expecting luxury and gourmet food with 5* service, they will be disappointed.
Jul 7, 2003
710 posts
413 upvotes
Just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Valor with some friends. I got an oceanview room and found it to be worth the extra cost (~$140 total). The room was slightly larger than the interior rooms, had a couch and a better layout. Also nice to get some natural light into the room, even if you're not in it that much.