Kijiji Email Going to Spam

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 24th, 2018 3:07 pm
[OP]
Jul 29, 2013
640 posts
292 upvotes

Kijiji Email Going to Spam

Third email to a buyer. We already negotiated price and were setting up a time for pickup. I had not heard back in a week which I thought was strange.
She emailed and she she found my reply in spam. Deal completed.

Now the same thing maybe repeating. I have two buyers with no replies after several positive emails.
Is there anything I can do about it? Anyone have the same experience?
Thanks for your help.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2415 posts
817 upvotes
Toronto
I can only tell you that the majority of Kijiji messages go in my spam folders too. Even when it's been back and forth. It's really up to the recipient to check their spam folder, if they don't monitor the Kijiji app for replies.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
4523 posts
470 upvotes
Toronto
I have the same issue but only on my phone's email. My computer's email client never has the problem. It has been happening for a few months now and it is quite annoying as I have to constantly check my spam folder to see if there is anything there.

There are no issues when using Kijiji's email through my 'account' on my computer or phone but the way they set up their email is annoying because you type something in and hit enter and it sends the message (instead of a Send button or something like that). As a result people treat it like texting and reply with message after message after message so you end up getting a bunch of emails one after the other.
Oct 6, 2018
61 posts
39 upvotes
Same issue here from time to time. Also their app is garbage and doesn't send messages half the time.