Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11103 posts
2505 upvotes
Montréal
Btw, does anyone have the part # for that missing left 'grate part' thing? Tx!
Nov 20, 2014
643 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tranquility922 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 4:59 pm
Btw, does anyone have the part # for that missing left 'grate part' thing? Tx!
year and model would help
PM if you have ANY questions about zoomers wireless
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23421 posts
8399 upvotes
Toronto
so, OP any news on the quote from body shops yet ?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11103 posts
2505 upvotes
Montréal
samyou92 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 5:19 pm
year and model would help
2011 Z4 35i. Tx.

booblehead wrote:
May 26th, 2015 5:23 pm
so, OP any news on the quote from body shops yet ?
An independent says that I need to replace it. Hopefully hear from a BMW affiliate this week.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23421 posts
8399 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 7:41 pm
Thx man. Btw, I guess that this the cheapest place I could get them?
those are US prices. For Cdn prices, take that *1.5 - 1.6x at the min. and that's what the bmw dealers are listing them for as MSRP.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11103 posts
2505 upvotes
Montréal
booblehead wrote:
May 26th, 2015 7:56 pm
those are US prices. For Cdn prices, take that *1.5 - 1.6x at the min. and that's what the bmw dealers are listing them for as MSRP.
Thx, that sounds about right. They only charge @MSRP, never over or under, right?

Did a rough estimate for the parts, assuming that the actual bumper can't be fixed and needs to be replaced, then I'll need #1, 8, 9 and 10, so plus the 1.5 multiplier, will be ~$870 total. I wonder how much labor will cost?
Nov 20, 2014
643 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tranquility922 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 7:58 pm
Thx, that sounds about right. They only charge @MSRP, never over or under, right?

Did a rough estimate for the parts, assuming that the actual bumper can't be fixed and needs to be replaced, then I'll need #1, 8, 9 and 10, so plus the 1.5 multiplier, will be ~$870 total. I wonder how much labor will cost?
idk how it works but do the bumpers come painted or what... =S

but i dont think it should be more than 1.5-2hrs. its not something ONLY a body shop would be able to do. email rocco as he did a similar job for myself replacing the bottom mesh grill thing where the bumper had to be taken off and was a 1hr job (100$).

show him the bumper and the other smaller parts that need to replaced and ask if hes familiar with such job and whether hes comfortale with doing it and how much itd be for just labor
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23421 posts
8399 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 7:58 pm

don't forget the paint. $400 for paint would be reasonable and labor to install would be around 2 - 2.5 hrs time, $350-400. If you replace the bumper, you can still salvage those parking sensors, I believe.

Therefore, it's important to go around and get 3-4 quotes from different body shops.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
11103 posts
2505 upvotes
Montréal
samyou92 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 8:12 pm
idk how it works but do the bumpers come painted or what... =S

but i dont think it should be more than 1.5-2hrs. its not something ONLY a body shop would be able to do. email rocco as he did a similar job for myself replacing the bottom mesh grill thing where the bumper had to be taken off and was a 1hr job (100$).

show him the bumper and the other smaller parts that need to replaced and ask if hes familiar with such job and whether hes comfortale with doing it and how much itd be for just labor
Who's rocco, I guess that he's a trusted bodyshop for rfd members? Do you have his contact? Thx.

That website you showed me: I can't order since I'm not in the US? I guess that I still have to order through the dealership?

booblehead wrote:
May 26th, 2015 8:14 pm
don't forget the paint. $400 for paint would be reasonable and labor to install would be around 2 - 2.5 hrs time, $350-400. If you replace the bumper, you can still salvage those parking sensors, I believe.

Therefore, it's important to go around and get 3-4 quotes from different body shops.
Argh, that's right, the paint. No parking sensors, so less complicated I guess.

The bumper's just cracked but I wonder how hard it is to fix...it's just plastic, right? I have no idea, I just would've thought that they could put some plaster or something and paint over the cracks? Sucks if I have to replace the whole bumper: thing's freaking huge.
Nov 20, 2014
643 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
tranquility922 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 8:23 pm
Who's rocco, I guess that he's a trusted bodyshop for rfd members? Do you have his contact? Thx.

That website you showed me: I can't order since I'm not in the US? I guess that I still have to order through the dealership?

Argh, that's right, the paint. No parking sensors, so less complicated I guess.

The bumper's just cracked but I wonder how hard it is to fix...it's just plastic, right? I have no idea, I just would've thought that they could put some plaster or something and paint over the cracks? Sucks if I have to replace the whole bumper: thing's freaking huge.
not a bodyshop. hes a bmw mechanic but im pretty sure he will be capable of doing a simple cosmetic job such as this unless it reqires painting as he does not do that. google rmp motors. show him pic of damage and pics of parts that need to be replaced if thats what your planning to do. im not sure if the bumper comes already painted to your specification or whether you need to get it painted. in that case, youd have to tkae it bodyshop.

call up the parts dept of several gta dealership and ask for a quote.

maranello gives discount if your a maxbimmer member i think and pfaff bmw gives discount for true north members
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
23421 posts
8399 upvotes
Toronto
are you in Toronto or GTA ? If so, you can try to contact, Mike of Eddystone auto collision (Langstaff & Weston Rd). Get an assessment from him and see if you can work out a deal ... if needed, say "Dan & Steve" referred you. I recently had my Porsche repainted by him and it was great work done at a great price. But like I said, do get multiple quotes. If you are in Scarborough, you can try Impera Auto body (Kennedy and Ellesmere).