[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10203 posts
1999 upvotes
Montréal
samyou92 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 8:26 pm
not a bodyshop. hes a bmw mechanic but im pretty sure he will be capable of doing a simple cosmetic job such as this unless it reqires painting as he does not do that. google rmp motors. show him pic of damage and pics of parts that need to be replaced if thats what your planning to do. im not sure if the bumper comes already painted to your specification or whether you need to get it painted. in that case, youd have to tkae it bodyshop.

call up the parts dept of several gta dealership and ask for a quote.

maranello gives discount if your a maxbimmer member i think and pfaff bmw gives discount for true north members
booblehead wrote:
May 26th, 2015 8:29 pm
are you in Toronto or GTA ? If so, you can try to contact, Mike of Eddystone auto collision (Langstaff & Weston Rd). Get an assessment from him and see if you can work out a deal ... if needed, say "Dan & Steve" referred you. I recently had my Porsche repainted by him and it was great work done at a great price. But like I said, do get multiple quotes. If you are in Scarborough, you can try Impera Auto body (Kennedy and Ellesmere).
Thx, guys. I'm in Toronto. I would assume that if the bumper's salvageable that it will need painting. Not sure for a new bumper if it comes painted or not.

Btw, if something needs to be painted, will it take >1 day or can it be done same day?

Sigh, will have to make lots of calls.
Nov 20, 2014
643 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
btw what did your insurance say regarding this. deductibles + prem
PM if you have ANY questions about zoomers wireless
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
22337 posts
7373 upvotes
Toronto
Imo, the bumper can be repaired. But you will have to weigh in the extra labor to repair, sanded, etc compared to new one

Fastest would 2.5 days turn around, imo.

Just ask the body shops for the lowest cost fix vs new bumpet and go from there
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10203 posts
1999 upvotes
Montréal
samyou92 wrote:
May 26th, 2015 8:54 pm
btw what did your insurance say regarding this. deductibles + prem
Still waiting for reply.

booblehead wrote:
May 26th, 2015 8:55 pm
Imo, the bumper can be repaired. But you will have to weigh in the extra labor to repair, sanded, etc compared to new one

Fastest would 2.5 days turn around, imo.

Just ask the body shops for the lowest cost fix vs new bumpet and go from there
Ya, I hope that it could be repaired, but you're right, if the cost is close to a new bumper, might as well get the new one.

Oh crap, 2.5 days is fastest? I think you're talking about repairing it, right? Or would it still take that long just to put in a new one? I guess that the bumper needs to be painted and cured?
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
22337 posts
7373 upvotes
Toronto
2.5 days for repair

1/2 day for new. New bumper can be painted ahead of time and only need your car when ready to mount
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
10203 posts
1999 upvotes
Montréal
booblehead wrote:
May 26th, 2015 9:27 pm
2.5 days for repair

1/2 day for new. New bumper can be painted ahead of time and only need your car when ready to mount
That sounds good, time-wise. We'll see about costs.

Thx again for your comments everyone.