None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
2685 posts
292 upvotes
Alberta

Killex Still Available In Alberta

I can't believe that the discontinued selling Weed n Feed fertilizers in Canada but you can still buy Killex in Alberta. Go figuure, doesn't Weed n Feed fertilizers and Killex both contain 2,4-D?
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
5759 posts
543 upvotes
If you go to the trouble of buying Killex then it's because you do have a dandelion problem and specifically need it.

Weed and feed fertilizers on the other hand are also bought by people who don't have a dandelion problem. Put it on sale and idiots who don't need it will still buy it and scatter it all over. So restricting or eliminating the sale of that makes some sense.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2008
7562 posts
149 upvotes
woof wrote:
Jun 5th, 2011 9:53 pm
If you go to the trouble of buying Killex then it's because you do have a dandelion problem and specifically need it.

Weed and feed fertilizers on the other hand are also bought by people who don't have a dandelion problem. Put it on sale and idiots who don't need it will still buy it and scatter it all over. So restricting or eliminating the sale of that makes some sense.

it doesn't just kill dandelion....clover's a pain to get rid up too....
but i get your point.

thought killex wasn't selective?
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
7321 posts
741 upvotes
I was told they are still allowed to sell stock of it. I found some at a small town home hardware.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
5759 posts
543 upvotes
sienna owner wrote:
Jun 6th, 2011 8:55 am
thought killex wasn't selective?

Killex kills broad leaf plants like dandelion and clover.

Roundup kills everything.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
3115 posts
183 upvotes
Calgary
woof wrote:
Jun 6th, 2011 12:07 pm
Killex kills broad leaf plants like dandelion and clover.

Roundup kills everything.

Yup. Used Killex to take care of the clover/moss/dandelions that covered most of my back lawn in a new place I had. Killed pretty much everything but the grass, and was totally fine to accept the new seed and fertilizer that I put down. Used Roundup to kill everything coming up through the concrete and stones. Tried using the alternatives (like Path Clear) and had almost no success.
Jan 27, 2009
377 posts
51 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Jun 5th, 2011 7:16 pm
I can't believe that the discontinued selling Weed n Feed fertilizers in Canada but you can still buy Killex in Alberta. Go figuure, doesn't Weed n Feed fertilizers and Killex both contain 2,4-D?
where did you see it at e-town?

my friend warned me to shock up last summer when we drove to montana, but totally forgot about it
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1132 posts
138 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
cho1104 wrote:
Jun 8th, 2011 2:48 am
where did you see it at e-town?

my friend warned me to shock up last summer when we drove to montana, but totally forgot about it

Garden centres should still have it. Rona/HD do not carry 24D products anymore.
Feb 9, 2011
15 posts
1 upvote
Best thing to get is Weed-B-Gone 32 oz bottle concentrate anytime you go to the US. You mix 2 oz with 1 gallon of water and spray the lawn....all weeds are gone within a week. And with 32oz, it can last until your next US visit....or just buy about 10 bottles. Warning though.....your friends will want to buy it off you.

:)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2010
5883 posts
2726 upvotes
Markham
DTVJoe wrote:
Jun 8th, 2011 3:19 pm
Best thing to get is Weed-B-Gone 32 oz bottle concentrate anytime you go to the US. You mix 2 oz with 1 gallon of water and spray the lawn....all weeds are gone within a week. And with 32oz, it can last until your next US visit....or just buy about 10 bottles. Warning though.....your friends will want to buy it off you.

:)

And all your nabors wants to be your best friend..... :facepalm:
Jun 8, 2005
334 posts
2 upvotes
Just saw killex at crappy tire south in Regina. I didn't know they were pulling it off the market.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
5759 posts
543 upvotes
Only certain provinces like Ontario have banned it.
Jun 8, 2005
334 posts
2 upvotes
woof wrote:
Jun 9th, 2011 8:44 pm
Only certain provinces like Ontario have banned it.

Lol figures...around here when they talk about "going green" everyone assumes you're talking about the Riders :lol:
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2003
1170 posts
27 upvotes
Jaremy T wrote:
Jun 9th, 2011 7:17 pm
Just saw killex at crappy tire south in Regina. I didn't know they were pulling it off the market.

Yeah, I also saw it in East Regina, I may just buy that and return my Weed b Gone that I got from Home Depot :mad:
The engine is the plane's heart, but the pilot is it's soul
Deal Expert
Aug 9, 2004
21622 posts
257 upvotes
Mississauga
All the hardware/box stores sell big sprayers....the kind you strap to your back, or attach to an atv, etc. Can someone tell me why, when there is very little concentrated stuff that can be bought and applied?
Thanks for the memories, RFD.
Good-bye.
× < >