Page 1 of 1

Kingdoms of Amalur - $8 at Green Man Gaming.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 11:52 am
by BluesyT
This is probably the cheapest it will ever get.

Game is 75% off and the code at Green Man Gaming works so that additional discount lowers the price to $8 U.S.; which is what this game's price should be at this point anyway.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/

Everything is on the front page, the sale and the code.

I liked the demo but I wasn't going to pay any more than $10 for a title from a dead company.

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur - $8 at Green Man Gaming.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 11:57 am
by Un4GivN
Playing through it now on the PS3 - worth $8 for sure.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 12:14 pm
by SquirreI
Eh..... feels like a single player MMORPG. Wouldn't' pay more than $5 for it. my 2 cents.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 12:40 pm
by wirestyle
Mighty tempting this one.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 2:13 pm
by avidgamer
Not sure if this was obvious but, game activates on Origin only.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 2:24 pm
by Little Dragon
Dang...origin = dealbreaker for me

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 2:35 pm
by imcrazy
Little Dragon wrote: Dang...origin = dealbreaker for me
Ya, same here. Thanks for pointing that out.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 2:50 pm
by Logun
I might hold off - while 8$ is the best price for this single game - Amazon.com also offered the game and it's 2 DLC packs for $11.99 a short time ago. (which is a better overall value imo).

Might want to gamble a bit and see what Amazong does on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. They are on a tear lately!!

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 3:26 pm
by wirestyle
avidgamer wrote: Not sure if this was obvious but, game activates on Origin only.
It wasn't, thanks.

Nevermind on this one.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 4:14 pm
by Logun
Logun wrote: I might hold off - while 8$ is the best price for this single game - Amazon.com also offered the game and it's 2 DLC packs for $11.99 a short time ago. (which is a better overall value imo).

Might want to gamble a bit and see what Amazong does on Black Friday/Cyber Monday. They are on a tear lately!!
Confirmed in the other thread that it will be back:
9. Kingdoms of Amalur + both DLCs - $11.99 - 11/26

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 4:16 pm
by TheRed
Anything for console version?

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 4:37 pm
by x2plyx
Aw PC only.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 7:28 pm
by BluesyT
Never have had any problem with Origin. Don't know why you have issues with them. I don't have any information that they would even want on this PC anyway. All the games I have bought from them (Battlefield 3, NFS: The Run, Gatling Gears and Crysis 2) were $10 or less. A lot of insecure people here?

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 7:48 pm
by LtAmbrose501
I really wish this would be on steam and not origin, and I wish they had the DLC. I got it on steam, and I want the DLC, but it hasn't gone on sale yet, ever.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 11:15 pm
by pandiosity
Why couldn't this sale be on steam!! If this sale was on steam I would so buy it. What's with the Steam price? Even when it is on sale its cheaper to buy the game anyplace other than steam. Its like 59.99 on Steam as a regular price, but everywhere else greenmangaming, gamefly and gamersgate has it for 39.99. as a regular price. Its weird.

Posted: Nov 18th, 2012 11:52 pm
by totheh8ters
I loved this game, well worth the money

Posted: Nov 19th, 2012 2:37 am
by champdood
pandiosity wrote: Why couldn't this sale be on steam!! If this sale was on steam I would so buy it. What's with the Steam price? Even when it is on sale its cheaper to buy the game anyplace other than steam. Its like 59.99 on Steam as a regular price, but everywhere else greenmangaming, gamefly and gamersgate has it for 39.99. as a regular price. Its weird.
It was a weird publishing agreement, where 38 Studios could publish through steam and EA had completely control over the remaining publishing. Now that 38 Studios is dead there's probably no one with the power to authorise a price drop, likely the rights to it will be sold off eventually and either EA will buy it (and it will disappear from Steam entirely) or someone else will and then it'll drop in price.

Personally, I'd suck it up and use Origin. With all the community crap they're stuffing into Steam these days, I almost prefer it, and you get yet another source of sale prices to take advantage of.

Posted: Nov 19th, 2012 2:45 am
by Farmhouse
Does Origin still delete games off your account you haven't played in a year?

Posted: Nov 19th, 2012 5:49 am
by SAkuma
SquirreI wrote: Eh..... feels like a single player MMORPG. Wouldn't' pay more than $5 for it. my 2 cents.
I don't know any MMORPG that will let you chain combo like action games yet. :p

Posted: Nov 19th, 2012 5:59 am
by Feneant
Great deal, but passing as I have no interest in installing Origin.