• Sep 25th, 2017 1:17 am
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Anyone tired already of these live-action cartoonish movies where the heros are joking around w/ bullets and explosions happening and not a scratch while killing 1M villains?
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
tranquility922 wrote: Anyone tired already of these live-action cartoonish movies where the heros are joking around w/ bullets and explosions happening and not a scratch while killing 1M villains?
Actually, I'm very much looking forward to Kingsman: The Golden Circle. I loved the first and want to see what's next. You're right, these movies are cartoonish but you're describing just about all big budget action movies in the last couple of decades. Kingsmen. Bond (pre Craig), Mission Impossible, Marvel movies, John Wick 1/2, Die Hards (ok, he gets hurt a bit), Matrix's, Kill Bills, and let's throw in American Ultra just for fun.
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
DiceMan wrote: Actually, I'm very much looking forward to Kingsman: The Golden Circle. I loved the first and want to see what's next. You're right, these movies are cartoonish but you're describing just about all big budget action movies in the last couple of decades. Kingsmen. Bond (pre Craig), Mission Impossible, Marvel movies, John Wick 1/2, Die Hards (ok, he gets hurt a bit), Matrix's, Kill Bills, and let's throw in American Ultra just for fun.
Yes, that's the prb. I guess I'm in the minority wanting more adult/srs offerings.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
tranquility922 wrote: Yes, that's the prb. I guess I'm in the minority wanting more adult/srs offerings.
But those don't bring in the cash.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Haz wrote: But those don't bring in the cash.
I know, it's easy pickings for the studio. Just use the same cartoon formula.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
Aw, say it ain't so. Currently just 50% on RottenTomatoes?
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
DiceMan wrote: Aw, say it ain't so. Currently just 50% on RottenTomatoes?
There still is hope in humanity, this really is low-brow stuff, the 1st one was barely passable.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2221 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote: There still is hope in humanity, this really is low-brow stuff, the 1st one was barely passable.
Hahahahahaha, so true. So juvenile, not even in a fun way.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
11677 posts
3489 upvotes
Victoria
Sometimes I like Juvenile, like the completely baffling reason I liked the baywatch movie.. lol...

I just watched Goon 2, and it wasn't quite as fun as the first one. I liked it but the majority of the movie was a bit somber.

I really liked the first Kingsman movie.... will watch the sequel when its available for online rental (I don't think I liked it enough to bother going to the theatre).
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24669 posts
8738 upvotes
Toronto
there is a time and place for low brow humour - I quite enjoy it from time to time.......would you consider Dumb and Dumber low brow\juvenile? If so, I consider Dumb and Dumber the King! Kingpin is also a great one....

I enjoyed the recent Baywatch as well - it knew what is was aiming for and wasn't trying to pretend to be more sophisticated than it was......

Kingsman 1 was enjoyable - hoping the same for this one! Will watch online as well!

Kingsman I wouldn't really consider low brow - more like stylized\comic style fighting mixed with humour.....
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
ji2o0k wrote: there is a time and place for low brow humour - I quite enjoy it from time to time.......would you consider Dumb and Dumber low brow\juvenile? If so, I consider Dumb and Dumber the King! Kingpin is also a great one....

I enjoyed the recent Baywatch as well - it knew what is was aiming for and wasn't trying to pretend to be more sophisticated than it was......

Kingsman 1 was enjoyable - hoping the same for this one! Will watch online as well!

Kingsman I wouldn't really consider low brow - more like stylized\comic style fighting mixed with humour.....
Well, D&D was intentionally low brow and funny, this is trying to be stylish but it's actually just live action cartoon. Anyway, diff tastes/ppl. Obviously not my cup but ofc many others like this stuff and eat it up and that's why we see so many films that are more or less interchangeable.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
Saw this earlier in the week at a screening.

It was enjoyable although fairly lacklustre. The CGI was super super noticeable in the action scenes although the action was great. I felt the story wasn't all that great and the introduction of the Statemen was okay.

Overall if you like the first one, its probably a Tuesday movie.

The first one has a certain charm and that surprise of a movie and this one sort of lacks both.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)