Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

Kingston USB Flash Drive 16GB = $22.99 (BB) / $23.59 (FS) after PM

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 14th, 2009 4:05 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 6, 2003
951 posts
30 upvotes

[NCIX] Kingston USB Flash Drive 16GB = $22.99 (BB) / $23.59 (FS) after PM

Kingston DataTraveler 100 DT100/16GB 16GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive = $22.99 (BB) / $23.59 (FS) after PM

BB/FS

Kingston 16GB = $99.99 (BB WebID = 10111541)
Kingston 16GB = $93.99 (FS WebID = 10111541)

NCIX

To get to the NCIX deal:

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php? ... omoid=1145

Just in case one of BB/FS associates/managers need to verify the ad themselves while you're instore:

- www.ncix.com
- select "Last Minute Holiday DEALS ~ December 17th - 23rd" banner
- look under "USB Flash Drives"
- 16GB USB Flash Drives

Kingston 16GB = $29.99

Price Match Calculations

(BB) $22.99 = $29.99 - ($99.99 - $29.99) * 10%
(FS) $23.59 = $29.99 - ($93.99 - $29.99) * 10%

To make PMing easy, print and bring along!

Excuse: NCIX doesn't have stock.

Answer: Bring printout showing NCIX inventory count.

Excuse: NCIX "Not Authorized Reseller".

Present BB/FS with either of the following web pages displaying the NCIX Logo along side with the BB/FS Logo.

http://www.kingston.com/canada/wheretob ... t.asp?id=6

http://www.kingston.com/canada/wheretob ... t.asp?id=8

Excuse: NCIX Product is different / OEM.

Answer: NCIX is selling the retail version of this product, you can see that both NCIX and BB/FS carry the products with the same manufacturer's part number:

NCIX Part #: DT100/16GB & BB Mfr. Part Number: DT100/16GB

They are indeed the same; however NCIX left the suffix "CR" off. They can call to verify with NCIX if needs be.

Excuse: NCIX Online Reseller.

Answer: NCIX Retail Locations: http://www.ncix.com/contact/

Excuse: NCIX is wholesale.

Answer: NCIX is open to the public with no minimum purchases or membership requirements.

Excuse: Limited Quantity

Answer: Please check the website again, NCIX doesn't say limited quantity for this item.

Excuse: Limited to Stock on Hand

Answer: Every store has a limited stock on hand (even BB/FS). If I needed a 5000 pieces, does BB/FS have stock on hand for immediate purchasing?

Excuse: Cash only

Answer: No, NCIX accepts major credit cards and debit cards without an extra service charge; you can also offer to pay with cash if you like.

Excuse: NCIX is not located locally.

Answer: As per the policy "The advertised item must be sold through and authorized dealer located in Canada." NCIX is a Canadian store and located in Canada. :lol: "Start singing O-Canada!"

Excuse: I can't give you the PM

Answer: Please provide me with your corporate contact information; I would like to make a formal inquiry with regards to the PM policy that BB/FS so proudly advertises. Also, ask the manger for his business card. Some managers will sometimes change their attitude completely when they relize you me business and somehow PMs happen (Usually the manager will say: "I'll do it this one time."). If they can't find their corporate contact, ask them if BB 1-866-237-8289 / FS 1-800-663-2275 is the number to call.

Excuse: Please step aside and will continue on the side

Answer: Sorry, but please complete my transaction first. (When I've previously stepped aside, they purposely tried to forget about me and hope that I would just disappear.) A growing lineup also places pressure on them to do the right thing, instead of trying to find excuses from underneath a rock to try to deny a legit PM.

Excuse: Talk amoung themselves. (delaying the situation, give them time to think up excuses)

Answer: I sometimes start talking about how difficult it's to get a PM with the cashier. Then I pickup the extended warranty plan brochure and ask the cashier if it's this difficult to obtain warranty through their extended warranty plan too (not too loudly, but loud enough for others in line to hear); two can play this game. Potential extended warranty sales disappears for the next few customers in line. One manager once lost it and took the brochure from my hand and placed it back on the stack and authorized the PM immediately.

Excuse: Umhhh

Answer: Please honor your lowest price guarantee policy.

BTW: Don't get rude about the whole thing, as this doesn't help the PM situation. Be a persistant customer, not a rude &*(&(*^! Please do not play the "race card" with regards to the management at BB, as myself and other RFDers has ran into managers from assorted races that try to deny a legitimate PM (BB, FS & Staples included). If you're a real jerk, they can actually have security to remove you from their premises; just be polite and keep you cool (you'll get to stay).

Please honor your lowest price guarantee policy.

Have Fun PMing!

BB/FS vs. NCIX using NCIX regular price! BB/FS is more expensive majority of the time!

Also, don't forget all the other Kingston products that BB/FS & NCIX sells. Just confirm the MFG Part # on both the BB/FS & NCIX before attempting to PM. A successful PM each time if you do your homework first!

Scan of FS "Get it for less, guaranteed." store policy.

[IMG]http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/4985/frontbr7.th.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img370.imageshack.us/img370/2269/backpw6.th.jpg[/IMG]

Happy Holidays & RFDers ROCK!
122 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 26, 2003
5334 posts
780 upvotes
Good info ... for any situation.
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2006
2176 posts
407 upvotes
Mississauga
has anyone pm'd yet ?
Banned
Jul 4, 2008
1434 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
YOU NEVER ADDRESSED THE SITUATION...

Excuse - NCIX has a restocking fee??? :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

this is the deadliest catch IMO.

but the only FS i know for a fact that will honour the PM is Futureshop on Broadway and Pine (Vancouver)
NCIX is right across the street. So they don't want to lose business, at whatever the cost.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2005
5647 posts
119 upvotes
there should be a thread for ALL price-matching tips etc and stickied!
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Most FS's I've been to tag on the express delivery charge(1 day shipping)

I think that'll make this drive more than $22. But I will try tomorrow nonetheless.

cos I got nothing to loose :twisted:
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2008
1998 posts
619 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
This is the most important one of them:

BTW: Don't get rude about the whole thing, as this doesn't help the PM situation. Be a persistant customer, not a rude &*(&(*^! Please do not play the "race card" with regards to the management at BB, as myself and other RFDers has ran into managers from assorted races that try to denie PM (BB, FS & Staples included). If you're a real jerk, they can actually have security to remove you from their premises; just be polite and keep you cool (you'll get to stay).
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3000 posts
97 upvotes
Home
Thank's Op for detailed info.
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3000 posts
97 upvotes
Home
Any opportunity PMing at staples ?
If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it was, and always will be yours. If it never returns, it was never yours to begin with :|
May 29, 2007
496 posts
35 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
very useful information. Any one tried it yet?
I want to go to the FS on Broadway but it sucks that it doesn't have free parking.
May 12, 2006
19 posts
Vancouver, B.C.
[QUOTE]Excuse: NCIX is wholesale.[/QUOTE]

A couple of misinformed staffers at customer service tried to blow me off when they said this.

I tried again a few minutes later asking a cashier to do the PM instead...that worked fine like it's supposed to because she wasn't living in 'denial-land' about NCIX actually being a competitive retailer to BB/FS.

I guess it depends which sales staffer you ask to PM...some are told by their managers to deny requests with horsesh1t excuses and others can actually be helpful.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2002
1551 posts
331 upvotes
Vancouver
Great Info... Thanks...

That being said, I find Kingston USB drives to be very S L O W.

I've owned or used through work, the 1,2, and 8 gig versions. They take forever to copy stuff.
-----------------------------
Oh RFD!!! You've Broken my wallet.... :(
Banned
Jul 4, 2008
1434 posts
32 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
This is great, but still the best argument BB/FS/Stooples can argue is that NCIX has restocking fee's

How do you combat this???
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1065 posts
543 upvotes
Dollard-des-Ormeaux
Wow, simply amazing OP....this really does deserve it's on thread, I've had a ton of trouble trying to price match everywhere and i think this is a good help, thanks!
*Determination.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1845 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver
chris103610 wrote: This is great, but still the best argument BB/FS/Stooples can argue is that NCIX has restocking fee's

How do you combat this???
I am pretty certain the PM policy does not have any wording such as "The retailer posting the lower price must have the same return policy". If someone at FS tried to argue this, I would politely reply "I have no intention of returning it at THIS price, so it's irrelevant to me" :cheesygri

Another suggestion would be to have the PM policy printed out and then make a checklist that covers off all the criteria required. If any arguement comes up and it is not on the documented policy, then you should point this out to the CSR and be firm, without getting angry. Be in control of the conversation and talk through the PM why they HAVE to match it before they have a chance to argue ;)

GYR8

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)