Off Topic Archive

Locked: Kingswood Music Theatre / Summer Rush - Canada's Wonderland - Some Questions

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2008 11:02 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
12230 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto

Kingswood Music Theatre / Summer Rush - Canada's Wonderland - Some Questions

To anyone that's attended an event here ...
Are there seats in the VERY front of the concert hall / tent or is it standing room, like Ontario Place's Molson Ampitheatre?

Do they allow photography for the most part or is that a problem?

Anyone show up early ever? I'm afraid of lines (General Admission Events).
Anyone ever do this Z103.5 Summer Rush thing?

Thanks.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Share:
21 replies
May 27, 2007
15656 posts
3055 upvotes
Toronto
the times i went there were seats (plastic folding chairs) if i remember correctly... :-0
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
12230 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto
Well I'm going to Summer Rush next weekend and I'm going to be right in the front, I'm just trying to figure out what to expect.
If there's seats RIGHT IN THE FRONT (as well as all the way through) then that'd be great. That would mean I could leave my seat, get some food, go the washroom when need be ...

If there's only a "pit" in the front, then that could be a problem ...

That's why I'm asking.
I've tried to see pics online but it's hard to tell what exactly it is.
"Deal of the Day" addict
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
12230 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto
Boo, no one's ever been to a concert at Wonderland? Or even better, Summer Rush???

Pit or seats, that's all I want to know :(
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1194 posts
105 upvotes
Burlington
It's a pit directly in front of the stage. There are seats beyond the pit - but they are still GA.

The Kingswood Gates open at 3:00 pm - and there will be people waiting. The park opens the main entrance at 9:00 am - and allows access beyond the main gate at 10:00 am. Depending how serious you are you can go early and wait it out.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
12230 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto
Perfect. That's the info I was looking for.
I was told it opens at 10Am though ... it partially opens at 9AM?

Plus I think people are going to run to the theatre, so getting there REALLY early will have probably have you no say over anyone that arrives on time, know what I mean?

Thanks for the info though, appreciated. And pics ;)
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2007
1099 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
Kingswood is ok. I don't know, I may end up going to Wonderland on that day and see the concert too.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1194 posts
105 upvotes
Burlington
DaVibe wrote:
Jul 13th, 2008 3:02 am
Perfect. That's the info I was looking for.
I was told it opens at 10Am though ... it partially opens at 9AM?

Plus I think people are going to run to the theatre, so getting there REALLY early will have probably have you no say over anyone that arrives on time, know what I mean?

Thanks for the info though, appreciated. And pics ;)
They open the main entrance gates at 9:00 am. However, you are only able to walk around the fountains and main gate area. They have block points set up at each pathway from the fountains until 10:00 am. People line up everyday at the block points to run for their favorite ride. If you wanted to be one of the first at Kingswood you would want to get close to the front of the mob at the Top Gun / Backlot Cafe block point so when they drop the rope at 10:00 am you can run to Kingswood... and then wait.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2241 posts
28 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Glad this thread is made. I'm also interested in going to the Summer Rush 2008 on July 20th.

I have a question as well. I'm looking at the ticket purchasing page.
http://www.canadaswonderland.com/shop/s ... s_list.cfm

Theres 2 options
Option 1: $54.59 - includes Admission & Concert.
Option 2: $24.15 - Please keep E-Ticket for entry into Summer Rush. E-Ticket must be presented along with a valid 2008 Season Pass.

for someone like myself who havent been to Wonderland in yrs, and have no season pass. I'm guessing I need to buy the $54.59 one?
Is there another option where I just want to see the performance and not go on any rides?

also can I bring like a bag to carry a camera and clothing? or will that be confiscated?
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
177 upvotes
PSiBeR wrote:
Jul 13th, 2008 4:20 am
also can I bring like a bag to carry a camera and clothing? or will that be confiscated?
At least, food and drink (except water) will be confiscated in the entrance.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Nov 16, 2004
12230 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto
I think there's a potential loophole in the system, since you can purchase whatever tickets you want on TicketMaster ... if you're only going to be entering with your TicketMaster concert ticket, you think they're REALLY going to be asking for a Season's Pass when they see you only paid $30 as opposed to $60?
They may, they may not ... I'm not risking it just in case.

I plan on bringing my camera and at least a jacket or something for at night in a backpack. I have to, I'm going to be there all day.
"Deal of the Day" addict
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2005
7400 posts
686 upvotes
DaVibe wrote:
Jul 13th, 2008 2:09 pm
I think there's a potential loophole in the system, since you can purchase whatever tickets you want on TicketMaster ... if you're only going to be entering with your TicketMaster concert ticket, you think they're REALLY going to be asking for a Season's Pass when they see you only paid $30 as opposed to $60?

I plan on bringing my camera and at least a jacket or something for at night in a backpack. I have to, I'm going to be there all day.
Yeah, but how will you get into the park if you don't have your seasons pass, I figure the $60 covers both.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2007
3064 posts
9 upvotes
Markham
How long is the entire concert anyways?

What time does it even start?
May 27, 2007
15656 posts
3055 upvotes
Toronto
Tip: If you're a Wonderland's season pass holder and dont want to pay $21 to get into the concert, find someone who bought a discounted park + concert ticket at home and dont want to go to the concert. =P
RedFlagDeals.com
See an inappropriate post? Use the "Report Post" function to alert Moderators!
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2004
1194 posts
105 upvotes
Burlington
DaVibe wrote:
Jul 13th, 2008 2:09 pm

No loophole - your ticket won't get you in the main gates unless it's been coded for admission into the park. Everything is scanned - whether it be a ticket, season pass, or ticketmaster ticket. If it doesn't scan - you won't get in.

Small tip: if you order your tickets off of Canada's Wonderland website you won't get hit with the $5.00 convenience charge from Ticketmaster.

http://www.canadaswonderland.com/shop/s ... s_list.cfm
× < >