• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2010 5:11 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 28, 2002
498 posts
6 upvotes

Kirkland Car Battery

On the advise of a relative, I bought a Car Battery (Kirkland) at Costco today. The price was definetly Hot ($57.99) in comparison to Crappy tire and Walmart. Could anyone post some feedback on their experience(s) with a Costco Car Battery?

Cheers
48 replies
Mar 4, 2003
459 posts
never tried one. The only battery I ever buy is the energizer from wal-mart and quite happy with it. 5 years and still going strong. The car was dead, and battery was carried over to another car until now.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2002
5429 posts
171 upvotes
BC
i've bought, and recommended to others.

so far it works fine, and you cant beat the price.
That's my 2cents worth
Jun 30, 2004
67 posts
Jul 17th, 2004 9:53 pm

One thing I've learned from Costco with their Kirkland signature brand... is that their prices are consistently AWESOME... and the *same* can be said about their customer service. I've had stuff unexpectedly crap out on me so I returned it for an exchange with the receipt, smooth and easy and no-hassle! I can't say for sure but likely the same would apply to your car battery. They have confidence in their goods, and in doing so, instill confidence in the consumer.

Let us know how it goes! :)
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2001
4267 posts
159 upvotes
Still working after 5 years!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3554 posts
67 upvotes
Good deal on good product
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Dec 28, 2002
970 posts
1 upvote
costco , their brand kirkland signature are good quality stuff

their normal batterys, aa and triple a, are good they last for a long while too
Nov 29, 2003
481 posts
23 upvotes
I bought a Kirkland Battery for my 98 Cavalier for about $57.99 a few months ago. It is a Consumer Reports Best Buy, which speaks for itself.

I shopped around, and there is no way that this price/quality ratio can be beaten.

S.
"The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret." -Sarah Bombell (1983 - )
Jun 30, 2004
67 posts
Jul 18th, 2004 2:38 am

Good chicken, good car batteries. Wow. Good stuff, thumbs up *looks for thumbs-up emoticon*
[OP]
Mar 28, 2002
498 posts
6 upvotes
Excellent feedback folks! I'm curious as to who manufactures the Kirkland Brand Battery.
Banned
Dec 26, 2004
2987 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga!
bump, more people need to know that costco sells these and also smoke alarms are a good deal (kidde 2 pack with batteries, hush, test, and safety light for ~$20)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
235 upvotes
dodo wrote:never tried one. The only battery I ever buy is the energizer from wal-mart and quite happy with it. 5 years and still going strong.
I'm giving a thumbs up for the energizer car batteries from walmart. It's been running about 5 years for me and they also include free roadside assitance.
May 9, 2003
327 posts
4 upvotes
I've got a 1996 Acura Integra. The original battery died yesterday in the freezing cold. Went to Crappy Tire; they want $80 for their Motomaster brand. Just got back from Costco; their Kirkland brand was $50 for my car. Guess which one I bought? Didn't have time to checkout Walmart or Sears.

Someone mentioned Kirkland was recommended by Consumer Reports. That's good enough for me. I expect to keep my car for at least another 5 years, and I don't want to have to replace the battery again.
Go Leafs Go!
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
4609 posts
72 upvotes
Winnipeg
BladeX wrote:costco , their brand kirkland signature are good quality stuff

their normal batterys, aa and triple a, are good they last for a long while too
I guess you haven't tried their Kirkland coffee....ewwwwww.....
× < >