Hot Deals

[Kitchen Stuff Plus] Zwilling J.A. Henckels TWIN Gourmet 10-pc Natural Wood Knife Block Set - $192.50 (almost WAREHOUSE PRICE)

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5543 posts
327 upvotes
Stouffville, ON

[Kitchen Stuff Plus] Zwilling J.A. Henckels TWIN Gourmet 10-pc Natural Wood Knife Block Set - $192.50 (almost WAREHOUSE PRICE)

Hey everyone,

Kitchen Stuff Plus has the Zwilling J.A. Henckels TWIN Gourmet 10-pc Natural Wood Knife Block Set for sale for $192.50. Free shipping or pick up from any store that has stock.

This is the TWIN or TWO-MAN HENCKELS meaning it's not the cheap quality Chinese steel and is supposed to be better quality German Steel. (There's a lot of literature on this, I'm just repeating what's out there. Don't shoot the messenger).

For those of you wondering, YES this is the same set the Warehouse sale in Markham, ON had and YES it was cheaper. At the warehouse sale it was $150 + taxes. So a delta of $42.50. or 28% more than it would've been had you done the following:

- been near Markham from Sep 15-17
- Waited in line up to 3 hours or more

If not, this deal is decent enough for the same set.

Keep in mind the KSP coupon code for 20% DOES NOT apply as it's explicitly stated on the coupon Zwilling doesn't count toward it. so if you don't want to wait until April for another warehouse sale where a knife sale is going to happen this is like a runner-up deal.
Regards,
--
m4gician
I like to detail cars. If you have any detailing questions I'd love to help! Tweet or Email anytime!
44 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1246 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
These are stamped blades, not forged, if anyone was wondering.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2241 posts
270 upvotes
Burlington
Some decent deals on other Zwilling knives as well.
Free Nortel tips and tricks blog, as well as second opinion on a move to VoIP (for my RFD friends).
Oct 13, 2015
908 posts
276 upvotes
Sainte-Dorothee, QC
It is Made In Spain. This is a good price. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2003
3435 posts
556 upvotes
Has anybody purchased the 10 piece set from Costco?
https://www.costco.ca/J.A.-Henckels-10- ... 26439.html

Bear with me - IGNORE the "One Man" vs. "Twin" for a second and look at the details

Looks to be the same set except an 8" Carving Knife instead of the 6" Utility Knife
As the description reads on the Costco site:

Features:
Hot-drop forged with high carbon, no-stain steel
Knives are made of German steel, forged in Spain

Like the KSP set, these are made in Spain as well, and seem to be forged steel vs. stamped.
Wondering if the every day price from Costco is better than the sale price at KSP.
The details all seem to be the same, unless you care that much more for that extra 1 guy on the symbol.

Note: I'm just going off what I see posted, which is why I opened my post with a question: am I missing something, or are they pretty much comparable?
Ebay - 168 - 0 - 0
Heatware - 56 - 00 - 0
BST Feedback - 80 - 0 - 0
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 2, 2006
5543 posts
327 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
jellytime wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 3:33 pm
These are stamped blades, not forged, if anyone was wondering.
Ya that came up a lot too.
Regards,
--
m4gician
I like to detail cars. If you have any detailing questions I'd love to help! Tweet or Email anytime!
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39078 posts
1318 upvotes
Richmond Hill
goat wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 4:15 pm

Bear with me - IGNORE the "One Man" vs. "Twin" for a second and look at the details

Looks to be the same set except an 8" Carving Knife instead of the 6" Utility Knife

Features:

Like the KSP set, these are made in Spain as well, and seem to be forged steel vs. stamped.
Wondering if the every day price from Costco is better than the sale price at KSP.
The details all seem to be the same, unless you care that much more for that extra 1 guy on the symbol.

Note: I'm just going off what I see posted, which is why I opened my post with a question: am I missing something, or are they pretty much comparable?
They are different lines, it's not a matter of the logo, two guys is their higher quality line.
**BRAND NEW** APC Back-UPS 650VA 7 Outlet $65
**Reg $90+tax**

Silver Coins | APC Back-UPS 650VA | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1246 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
goat wrote:

Features:

Interestingly, my aunt bought that set from costco and after 6months she noticed they started rusting. Could be a one off set, but she said she'd never buy henckels again. The costco set is forged, so they should be super rust resistant, so it didn't make a lot of sense to me when I looked at her knives.

Good thing she got them at Costco because they took them back, no problem.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1396 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto
Meanwhile I'm using a $5 knife for the last 6 years. Will this make me into a professional chef?
Jun 26, 2008
74 posts
48 upvotes
I'm really undecided on these. I've wanted to upgrade my knife set for a while and would prefer a forged set. But I'm suspecting the chance of a forged 2-man set sub $400 is just pretty unlikely.

Anyone seen something like that below $400 in recent memory? I'm not in a rush, but I cook a ton, so a better set would be great.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
39078 posts
1318 upvotes
Richmond Hill
FreeKnight wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 5:04 pm
I'm really undecided on these. I've wanted to upgrade my knife set for a while and would prefer a forged set. But I'm suspecting the chance of a forged 2-man set sub $400 is just pretty unlikely.

Anyone seen something like that below $400 in recent memory? I'm not in a rush, but I cook a ton, so a better set would be great.
Question to ask yourself is, do you really need 10 knives? You probably spend 90% of the time using just an 8" and a 5".
**BRAND NEW** APC Back-UPS 650VA 7 Outlet $65
**Reg $90+tax**

Silver Coins | APC Back-UPS 650VA | Bosch Orbital Sander
Heatware | RFD Feedback
Jun 26, 2008
74 posts
48 upvotes
goat wrote:

Features:

I've got this set at home and it's a very serviceable set. It's not mind-blowing, but it's got a good selection of your main knives (Chef's, pairing, santoku, carving), etc. The full tang and balance are pretty good, but I definitely noticed the edges deform with use. I have a honer/sharpener and with a couple runs through it once or twice a year they've done great.

A good option if you're just looking for something to be good enough for regular home use. If you love cooking and want to have really nice kitchen gear, I'd say their a bit less than what I'd recommend.
Gauge it by how much you cook. If you're cooking 5-7 times a week and go through everything from roasts to winter squashes, it's not quite enough.
If you're cooking basic stuff 2-4 times a week or only using it to carve up chicken and dice veggies, you're fine.
Mar 12, 2016
730 posts
117 upvotes
It looks like a decent deal. Has any cash back can apply for this site?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1246 posts
290 upvotes
Toronto
FreeKnight wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 5:04 pm

At the bay, I bought the Four Star Zwilling Henckels set for $249.99 less a 10% coupon.
http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 46-800--24

This is one of their oldest sets they have. It's a classic. It was literally delivered to my work today!

I'm excited to use them.

Bay days are coming up in October, so look out for deals then.
Dec 25, 2012
81 posts
47 upvotes
Banff
jellytime wrote:
Sep 25th, 2017 5:21 pm
At the bay, I bought the Four Star Zwilling Henckels set for $249.99 less a 10% coupon.
http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... 46-800--24

This is one of their oldest sets they have. It's a classic. It was literally delivered to my work today!

I'm excited to use them.

Bay days are coming up in October, so look out for deals then.
Now I feel stupid for ordering this haha