Expired Hot Deals

[KitchenAid] KitchenAid 5 Speed Blender - Metallic Chrome 99 $ at Sears.ca - 80 $ OFF TODAY ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2012 11:48 pm
[OP]
Sep 8, 2011
114 posts
59 upvotes
Quebec

[KitchenAid] KitchenAid 5 Speed Blender - Metallic Chrome 99 $ at Sears.ca - 80 $ OFF TODAY ONLY

More offers from KitchenAid
Hi,

i just bought online at sears.ca a KitchenAid® 5 Speed Blender - Metallic Chrome model KSB560MC for 99.99 $

link here

This model has a regular price off 179.99 $ and is advertised 'on sale' at amazon.ca for 129.99 $

link here

This blender is apparently one of the best and has a lot of good reviews on it.

Sears.ca sale for this item ends today sept. 6.
11 replies
Dec 20, 2009
821 posts
91 upvotes
That is a good deal, and it does get good reviews. I bought one a few months ago and had a terrible time trying to get the jar attached to the base. When I did the smoothies were always a bit lumpy. I eventually returned it. My similar Cuisinart model is dead after just 3 yrs and smells like burnt rubber. I'm still looking and might try a Breville next. Keep in mind the KitchenAid warranty is just one year, while most blenders are 3 years.
[OP]
Sep 8, 2011
114 posts
59 upvotes
Quebec
thanks for sharing your experience. I hope mine will run fine...if not, its should be easy to return it at sears.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
1878 posts
349 upvotes
for anyone that this might concern: the polycarbonate jar used on this blender is the same thing material was being used in water bottles that sparked the whole anti-BPA scare.
Dec 1, 2005
400 posts
1 upvote
Should work with the kitchen-aid fall promo for a $30 mail in rebate and you could save another $10 via price-match if you can find them in bestbuy.
Dec 20, 2009
821 posts
91 upvotes
The 560OB model is BPA free; not sure about this model, which is 560MC. Maybe the 560MC is an older model without the BPA-free jar. The one I returned was the 565 model, which is identical except it comes with a 48oz glass jar instead of the 52oz polycarbonate.
Feb 23, 2005
109 posts
36 upvotes
Philbert wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 6:29 pm
The 560OB model is BPA free; not sure about this model, which is 560MC. Maybe the 560MC is an older model without the BPA-free jar. The one I returned was the 565 model, which is identical except it comes with a 48oz glass jar instead of the 52oz polycarbonate.
I think the difference between 560MC and 560OB is just colour. Usually with Kitchenaid, OB is Onyx Black. I'm guessing MC is Metallic Chrome.

With that rebate, this seems like a great deal
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
1878 posts
349 upvotes
Philbert wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 6:29 pm
looks like you're right. i thought all polycarbonate contained BPA. anyways, futureshop.ca has the white one for $200 so if they will PM, that brings it down to $90 minus the $30 MIR. great price, but i did notice that there a lot of amazon.com reviews complaining about leaks, but still a very good review overall.
Dec 28, 2011
807 posts
396 upvotes
Montreal
Kaitlyn wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 7:44 pm
Intersting.. $4 shipping to their own Sears location? Does anyone else charge for what is essentially "in store pickup"?
yes, but the charge is for entire order. Pretty lame I know but that must be why sears is failing as a business model. They do make free shipping promotions once in a while.
Dec 12, 2008
167 posts
39 upvotes
Saguenay
SizzleChest wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 7:18 pm
looks like you're right. i thought all polycarbonate contained BPA. anyways, futureshop.ca has the white one for $200 so if they will PM, that brings it down to $90 minus the $30 MIR. great price, but i did notice that there a lot of amazon.com reviews complaining about leaks, but still a very good review overall.
Future Shop purchases does not work on KitchenAid MIR.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
1878 posts
349 upvotes
Y2Breeze wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 9:51 pm
Future Shop purchases does not work on KitchenAid MIR.
if that is true, they should definitely have that posted somewhere on the kitchenaid promotions website. i don't see it there. also, in the rebate link in post #5, it says "For complete list of qualifying appliances and their corresponding rebate amounts see section entitled Qualifying Appliances" and i dont see that section either. so there are two possible ways of being refused the rebate due to (purposeful?) lack of clarification.