Expired Hot Deals

[KitchenAid] KitchenAid 5 Speed Blender - Metallic Chrome 99 $ at Sears.ca - 80 $ OFF TODAY ONLY

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2012 11:48 pm
Sep 8, 2011
110 posts
57 upvotes
Quebec

[KitchenAid] KitchenAid 5 Speed Blender - Metallic Chrome 99 $ at Sears.ca - 80 $ OFF TODAY ONLY

More offers from KitchenAid
Hi,

i just bought online at sears.ca a KitchenAid® 5 Speed Blender - Metallic Chrome model KSB560MC for 99.99 $

link here

This model has a regular price off 179.99 $ and is advertised 'on sale' at amazon.ca for 129.99 $

link here

This blender is apparently one of the best and has a lot of good reviews on it.

Sears.ca sale for this item ends today sept. 6.
11 replies
Dec 20, 2009
710 posts
79 upvotes
That is a good deal, and it does get good reviews. I bought one a few months ago and had a terrible time trying to get the jar attached to the base. When I did the smoothies were always a bit lumpy. I eventually returned it. My similar Cuisinart model is dead after just 3 yrs and smells like burnt rubber. I'm still looking and might try a Breville next. Keep in mind the KitchenAid warranty is just one year, while most blenders are 3 years.
[OP]
Sep 8, 2011
110 posts
57 upvotes
Quebec
thanks for sharing your experience. I hope mine will run fine...if not, its should be easy to return it at sears.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
1582 posts
242 upvotes
for anyone that this might concern: the polycarbonate jar used on this blender is the same thing material was being used in water bottles that sparked the whole anti-BPA scare.
Dec 1, 2005
400 posts
1 upvote
Should work with the kitchen-aid fall promo for a $30 mail in rebate and you could save another $10 via price-match if you can find them in bestbuy.
Dec 20, 2009
710 posts
79 upvotes
The 560OB model is BPA free; not sure about this model, which is 560MC. Maybe the 560MC is an older model without the BPA-free jar. The one I returned was the 565 model, which is identical except it comes with a 48oz glass jar instead of the 52oz polycarbonate.
Feb 23, 2005
109 posts
36 upvotes
Philbert wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 6:29 pm
The 560OB model is BPA free; not sure about this model, which is 560MC. Maybe the 560MC is an older model without the BPA-free jar. The one I returned was the 565 model, which is identical except it comes with a 48oz glass jar instead of the 52oz polycarbonate.
I think the difference between 560MC and 560OB is just colour. Usually with Kitchenaid, OB is Onyx Black. I'm guessing MC is Metallic Chrome.

With that rebate, this seems like a great deal
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
1582 posts
242 upvotes
Philbert wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 6:29 pm
looks like you're right. i thought all polycarbonate contained BPA. anyways, futureshop.ca has the white one for $200 so if they will PM, that brings it down to $90 minus the $30 MIR. great price, but i did notice that there a lot of amazon.com reviews complaining about leaks, but still a very good review overall.
Deal Fanatic
May 6, 2005
8954 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
Intersting.. $4 shipping to their own Sears location? Does anyone else charge for what is essentially "in store pickup"?
Follow me on Instagram and 500px
Dec 28, 2011
733 posts
339 upvotes
Montreal
Kaitlyn wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 7:44 pm
Intersting.. $4 shipping to their own Sears location? Does anyone else charge for what is essentially "in store pickup"?
yes, but the charge is for entire order. Pretty lame I know but that must be why sears is failing as a business model. They do make free shipping promotions once in a while.
Dec 12, 2008
157 posts
36 upvotes
Saguenay
SizzleChest wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 7:18 pm
looks like you're right. i thought all polycarbonate contained BPA. anyways, futureshop.ca has the white one for $200 so if they will PM, that brings it down to $90 minus the $30 MIR. great price, but i did notice that there a lot of amazon.com reviews complaining about leaks, but still a very good review overall.
Future Shop purchases does not work on KitchenAid MIR.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
1582 posts
242 upvotes
Y2Breeze wrote:
Sep 6th, 2012 9:51 pm
Future Shop purchases does not work on KitchenAid MIR.
if that is true, they should definitely have that posted somewhere on the kitchenaid promotions website. i don't see it there. also, in the rebate link in post #5, it says "For complete list of qualifying appliances and their corresponding rebate amounts see section entitled Qualifying Appliances" and i dont see that section either. so there are two possible ways of being refused the rebate due to (purposeful?) lack of clarification.
× < >