Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

KitchenAid Mail In Rebate (MIR) is back for small appliances! April 11/14 - May 30/14

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2015 2:04 am
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
Steel_wind wrote: And they are inaccurate. The shredder is something we use every week when making pizza. It is a solid piece of kit and I would buy it again without hesitation.
This. I barely use my box graters any more especially if I have any sort of volume to shred.
The pasta attachments for the Kitchen-Aid are largely vanity in nature (we have every single one now available for it and a few that are no longer available for it too, for that matter), but the shredder is the best external attachment and works very well.
I like my roller and fettuccine cutter. I have a pasta press too but I dislike it.
Ravioli maker I don't have but I think is a joke.
But the regular roller and fettuccine cutter? I'd take that over a manual machine any day.
If you make pizza with your Stand-Mixer, you need the shredder. Don't think twice -- just get it.
Or anything you make with a lot of cheese. I've put through like 10lbs of Parm through mine.
bobcat99 wrote: When people say they rust, that's true. They either come rusted or will rust after a few uses. Unless something has changed from a couple of years back.
I think they changed something fairly recently. My old unit rusted out too. My new ones haven't though.
It's not like I'm nice to them either. Everything goes in the dishwasher.
MrDigital wrote: I strongly disagree with that statement. I find the shredder makes a disaster of cheese. First, the shreds are anything but uniform. Second, the shredder ends up getting jammed up with chunks of cheese between the metal core and plastic shell leading to excessive waste of cheese.

I used it about 3 times and went box to a regular box grater. How are you using it with such great results?
They're not that uniform but honestly... it's shredded cheese. I'm not in it for the presentation. The alternative would be a bunch of manual labor or buying a bag of shredded junk.
It does waste a bit of cheese in the spot you mentioned, but that's just a snack for the prep cook.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2004
5047 posts
151 upvotes
Montreal, QC, Canada
personally I rather go for the Cuisinart 12 speed 1000Watt mixer that went for $230 during FS/BB last black friday. More power and 5-7qt bowl.
Ebay Feedback Score:55 | 68 Pos | 100%
My Heat 25-1-0

[POST=5799853]Best Quality DVD Burn I've Seen[/POST]
My Sale/Trade Lists [THREAD=399765]Computers[/THREAD]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)