Miyabi 5000MCD 67 Black - 7" Santoku Knife
- Deal Link:
- 47% Off
- September 23, 2017
I recently found out that Miyabi has now released a new line of knives called the 5000MCD 67 Black - they are nothing short of gorgeous with a price tag to match. They have a HRC rating of 66 which is pretty damn high.
The selling pricing from the Henckels Canada SIte for this knife is $625 and was only able to find it in one other place called Williams who has this knife on sale for $499.99, so based on the OEM pricing it's 47% plus make sure to use the SAVE5 at checkout.
In the kitchen, Japanese chefs are just as demanding with functionality as they are with aesthetics. The MIYABI® 5000MCD 67 Black Collection offers the best of both worlds; featuring a Micro-Carbide MC66 powered steel core wrapped by 132 layers of steel honed to a Flower Damask pattern. The black ash wood handle features a striking mosaic pin and a steel end cap. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
Features & Benefits:
- Traditional Japanese D-shape handle made of black ash wood, elegantly enhanced with a mosaic pin, red spacers and a metal end cap featuring the MIYABI logo
- The hand polishing reveals a unique individual Flower Damascus design
- Forged 133-layer construction - 132 layers of prestige stainless steel create a protective layer encapsulating the MC66 core
- Resilient CRYODURÂ® hardened blade for stability and cutting edge retention, with hardness of 66 HRC
- Traditional 3-step Honbazuke hand honed edge creates an ultra-sharp cutting edge of 9.5Â°- 12Â° angle (19Â°-24Â° total)