• May 13th, 2017 1:32 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
2206 posts
242 upvotes

KJ Distribution?

Anyone try buying stuff from this company can share their experience?

Their website is kjdist.ca. They advertise on Kijiji and are located in Markham. Seems to sell factory refurbished products. They also advertise they pay for the taxes.

Thinking of picking up a monitor from them, and since it's refurbished, only has 90 day warranty... ends up about 30% ($50) cheaper than buying brand new
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
8495 posts
2740 upvotes
Milton
Sounds sketchy, I wouldn't buy expecting any sort of post-sale coverage. Kijiji, located in Markham, new... Also lists a mobile number and gmail address.

[Querying whois.cira.ca]
[whois.cira.ca]
Domain name: kjdist.ca
Domain status: registered
Creation date: 2014/03/20
Expiry date: 2015/03/20
Updated date: 2014/03/25
DNSSEC: Unsigned
Registrar:
Name: Go Daddy Domains Canada, Inc
Number: 2316042
Name servers:
ns31.domaincontrol.com
ns32.domaincontrol.com
% WHOIS look-up made at 2014-07-04 18:19:14 (GMT)
%
% Use of CIRA's WHOIS service is governed by the Terms of Use in its Legal
% Notice, available at http://www.cira.ca/legal-notice/?lang=en
%
% (c) 2014 Canadian Internet Registration Authority, (http://www.cira.ca/)
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
2206 posts
242 upvotes
So I ended up picking up a monitor from them. They at least did have an actual walk in location and provided legit looking receipts and such.

Monitor seems good so far on day 1. Hopefully the monitor lasts.

They sold the one i called in about before i arrived so they offered the larger model for the same price. Wasn't a bait and switch since they did tell me they only had 1 in stock when I called, and the larger one they offered was same model # and not an upsell.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
ElvaSoShexai wrote: So I ended up picking up a monitor from them. They at least did have an actual walk in location and provided levit looking receipts and such.

Monitor seems good so far on day 1. Hopefully the monitor lasts.

They sold the one i called in about before i arrived so they offered the larger model for the same price
Keep us updated with the purchase. Check for dead pixels, backlight bleeding or a loose display panel on the side where the bezel and panel overlaps.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
2206 posts
242 upvotes
Avenger wrote: Did they charge tax? Valid hst registration number on the bill? I'd like to revise my post if needed.
Yes, the bill showed that they charged tax and it did have a hst registration # on the bill. I guess they just advertise the all-in price on Kijiji... seen some other places do that too to make it a round #.
Jan 24, 2009
951 posts
21 upvotes
Unionville, Ontario
ElvaSoShexai wrote: Yes, the bill showed that they charged tax and it did have a hst registration # on the bill. I guess they just advertise the all-in price on Kijiji... seen some other places do that too to make it a round #.
Sorry to bump an old thread haha but thinking about picking one of these up, wondering OP what's your experience with the monitor been like after a month? Everything still working alright?

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
2206 posts
242 upvotes
obesepenguin wrote: Sorry to bump an old thread haha but thinking about picking one of these up, wondering OP what's your experience with the monitor been like after a month? Everything still working alright?

Thanks!
Everything seems to be fine so far, no issues
Aug 27, 2014
1 posts
Brampton, ON
KJ Distribution please stay away from them

July 2014 i saw there add in kijjiji and bought LG 42" LED tv from them which was gift for my relative who bought a new house, the tv worked one day next day it wasnt turning on i was so embarrassed the gift i gave specially to inlaws just worked one day
when i took this tv back to their store they refused to return even though they promised me at the time of purchased if something goes wrong they will refund my money or give me a store credit, now they told me to leave the tv they will call technician and give me a call
now it is almost a week they didnt call me or nobody is picking up my phone. i learned my lesson of life never buy refurbished tv specially from people like this or never ever if it is a gift, i wanted to save some money but it would end up paying lot more
Nov 28, 2014
1 posts
Markham, ON
I bought a TV wall mount from KJ Distribution and found the price and quality of the product to be very good, in comparison to what I've seen in other stores. The man who helped me seemed honest in his dealings, provided a proper invoice, reviewed the return policy with me, and even offered to lend some personal tools to help me with installation so I didn't have to buy anything else.

I've never bought any big-ticket items from them but would so far I've had no problems with the TV mount I purchased.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
stardustnights wrote: I bought a TV wall mount from KJ Distribution and found the price and quality of the product to be very good, in comparison to what I've seen in other stores. The man who helped me seemed honest in his dealings, provided a proper invoice, reviewed the return policy with me, and even offered to lend some personal tools to help me with installation so I didn't have to buy anything else.

I've never bought any big-ticket items from them but would so far I've had no problems with the TV mount I purchased.
Seems legit.
Jan 9, 2011
344 posts
167 upvotes
Montreal, QC
stardustnights wrote: The man who helped me seemed honest in his dealings, provided a proper invoice, reviewed the return policy with me, and even offered to lend some personal tools to help me with installation so I didn't have to buy anything else.
Your father seems like such a nice man...
Nov 6, 2009
53 posts
56 upvotes
These guys are still around. Anybody care to share an opinion on a past purchase; good or bad? Considering a fridge for a rental property. Thx!
Jul 17, 2012
329 posts
1053 upvotes
obesepenguin wrote: Sorry to bump an old thread haha but thinking about picking one of these up, wondering OP what's your experience with the monitor been like after a month? Everything still working alright?

Thanks!
Did you end up buying a monitor?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
2254 posts
660 upvotes
Richmond, BC
I bought a monitor (34UM67-P) from them a while back. It was a refurb but I treat my stuff like ***** anyway so it didn't matter. Dead pixel dab smack in the middle but they offered store credit. Now I'm stuck with $500+ of credit and nothing to use it on since their site is down.
Jul 10, 2010
1 posts
london
I purchased a refurbished LG Fridge in August of 2014. Saved $750 on the best advertised price I could find anywhere for the same model new. Local big box was willing to sell me a scratch and dent, and it was still $300 more. The KJ Warehouse ramp wasn't really ideal unless you had a transport truck. The owner slid the fridge down a sheet of plywood to get it off the ramp. That was the only part of the transaction that seemed sketchy. I then laid it in a trailer and drove 150 km. Got home plugged it in and it has been working great ever since (19 months). Transaction was legit with HST number receipt etc. I've been buying refurbished for over 20 years and my odds of getting a bad product haven't been any worse than the items I buy new. Case in point is the fridge. Around same time, my sis bought a new LG fridge and has already needed service work. The KJ site is still up. I just googled it because I am looking for another appliance.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
9280 posts
3006 upvotes
London
cheapdad wrote: I've been buying refurbished for over 20 years and my odds of getting a bad product haven't been any worse than the items I buy new.
I'd say you're probably pretty lucky then. PM me 6 numbers between 1 and 49.

But seriously, there's nothing wrong with buying scratch&dent/refurbs, if the corresponding discount compensates me for the risk and hassle.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
2206 posts
242 upvotes
almost 2 yrs and the monitor i bought is still good as new, so no complaints
Dec 28, 2016
3 posts
2 upvotes
I seen there ad on Kijiji and I purchased a refurbished LG 60" plasma tv off them. I am very happy with my purchase, they opened a sealed box and let me test the TV without question and gave me a bill of sale with a 7 day exchange policy and a 90 day warranty and yes the taxes were shown with a full business #. I saved 60-70% over buying new........Most flat screens/plasma's/LCD/LED tv's are not built to last, you be lucky to get 5-6 years before something goes wrong. The days of a TV lasting 15-20 years are long gone, they are now disposable items. I would purchase off kj distrabution again.