Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3509 posts
591 upvotes
Alberta
Naz wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:00 pm
I did not like that noise too.
What did help- when I taped every duct joint with aluminum duct tape. Now all nice and quiet and no air leaks at joints.
This is how I fixed mine. And I also adjusted a few brackets in the basement holding the ductwork to the floor.
Apr 2, 2003
645 posts
37 upvotes
Quebec
I had the same problem with my duct work. It was driving me nuts and took me a while to track down the source. The noise was coming from a round duct in the ceiling that was supported by a metal brace. I think I put some padding, insulation, between the brace and the dock to solve the problem.
[OP]
Nov 7, 2013
56 posts
3 upvotes
Markham
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:40 am
This is how I fixed mine. And I also adjusted a few brackets in the basement holding the ductwork to the floor.
Naz wrote:
Nov 8th, 2017 10:00 pm
I did not like that noise too.
What did help- when I taped every duct joint with aluminum duct tape. Now all nice and quiet and no air leaks at joints.
decadent wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 9:49 am
I had the same problem with my duct work. It was driving me nuts and took me a while to track down the source. The noise was coming from a round duct in the ceiling that was supported by a metal brace. I think I put some padding, insulation, between the brace and the dock to solve the problem.
Did you guys have to open up your drywall?
Apr 30, 2004
218 posts
55 upvotes
Drywall has to be cut out. You need access to duct joints- that is where it is moving with heat.
Its not easy to define a precise location, because sound travels good in those pipes...
Feb 4, 2010
426 posts
109 upvotes
I have the same with my (new) furnace- it's normal and you get used to it.