Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Knowroaming.com] Free international Whatsapp (including Whatsapp Call)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 8th, 2019 9:09 am
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2448 posts
1280 upvotes
Haven’t used this for over a year and my account is gone.
Dec 17, 2006
587 posts
112 upvotes
Just came back from Ecuador. Data and whatsapp worked for ONLY a day. After that, it would NOT connect to ANY network. Still works in US and Canada. Ecuador is listed as one of the countries where they offer data., Definitely NOT reliable.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Boomer23 wrote: Anyone else having an issue today? They sent an email saying there is a service disruption.
I got no email but there is definitely disruption.
I have 2 cards in 2 Nexus phones and neither one is working.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 7, 2006
7523 posts
460 upvotes
Toronto
Hasn’t worked all day but seems to be working again!
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2014
1490 posts
703 upvotes
Toronto
ppl4golf wrote: Hasn’t worked all day but seems to be working again!
Mine started working again as well. Think there was an outage.
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2009
1913 posts
1221 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I can use roaming data in the US right now, but no calls.

I've been using it as an actually SIM (not just for free WhatsApp)

Something is for sure up, I've never had these issues before. KR is being tight lipped over email. They just claim a "network interruption" and won't say anything else.

If they are monitored this thread, they can feel free to jump in at any time. I won't bite (yet)
Aug 21, 2016
465 posts
164 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: I am still having an issue where it keeps saying data roaming not enabled when i clearly enabled it... this is frustrating.
I've had this issue for over a month. It connects to a network but WhatsApp will not work. Anyone have any ideas?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 9, 2009
6245 posts
1779 upvotes
fern54 wrote: I've had this issue for over a month. It connects to a network but WhatsApp will not work. Anyone have any ideas?
I got mine working, not sure if it was a coincidence or it was because of the server issues. Mine kept saying data roaming not turned on when i was in the knowroaming app, but i did have data roaming turned on.

I flashed a new ROM on my phone and it worked afterwards, so not sure if it was just their server issues and it happened to have been fixed after i reflashed the phone, or if it was a ROM issue.

Funny enough, after i got it working, i had free unlimited data (with zero credits on the account) for things outside of whatsapp. That only lasted for about an hour though. Currently the whatsapp is working but no more free regular data usage.
Aug 14, 2014
5 posts
Vancouver, BC
I’m currently in HK and travelled Shanghai, Cambodia and Vietnam for the last few weeks. I setup my Sim prior to traveling and log in Whatsapp in Shanghai airport. No problem. While in Cambodia, had login problem. Called support on VOIP but with unstable connection. Support suggested to serve using email. Problem was solved and worked in Cambodia without any problem. Arriving in Vietnam, the sim switched automatically. Everything was fine. Was able to use text, call and video. Same in HK. However I was told while in Cambodia to switch to 3G and I kept that all those time. There were one whole day the connection was out and KR support told me that was a system wide problem. Other than that the sim worked smoothly and support was great. I was able to use Whatsapp chatting over video while my friends using local sim had no connection.
Jul 11, 2004
238 posts
49 upvotes
I am now able to receive SMS messages on my KnowRoaming number. If this is not a temporary glitch, then this opens up new exciting usage scenarios.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2690 posts
1741 upvotes
Home
Will it work without the app? Looking to use it on Windows Mobile phone.
Fizz Mobile $ 4.80 USA CAN 45 GB
Oct 6, 2004
815 posts
27 upvotes
Vancouver
Is anyone having issues with sending/receiving through WhatsApp? I recently went on a trip to the US and it worked great. I came back 2 days ago and it hasn't been working since. I've checked on two phones and confirmed APN was setup and that it is connected to a network.
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10226 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
azncapcom wrote: I just got the sim today and tried setting it up, it keeps saying there is no internet connection and keeps bringing me to my settings but my roam data option is already enabled.
Step by Step Setup video for the Sim and Sim Sticker:

I RFD wrote: Will it work without the app? Looking to use it on Windows Mobile phone.
Yes, there are Windows Mobile instructions however there is a BIG ISSUE. You can't top up the sim with credit without the app, you'd have to install the App on an iPhone or Android phone and top up from there.

Manual for Sim: https://www.knowroaming.com/simmanual.pdf

You can't use the Sim Sticker with Windows Mobile.
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2002
2521 posts
1433 upvotes
Toronto
For iOS users, is there a need to install the certificate? If it's just to update the APN, I can set this up myself. I don't like the warning that it can view my network traffic.
Celebrating 21+ years on RFD!
Nov 14, 2012
975 posts
545 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yuprules wrote: Yes, there are Windows Mobile instructions however there is a BIG ISSUE. You can't top up the sim with credit without the app, you'd have to install the App on an iPhone or Android phone and top up from there.

Manual for Sim: https://www.knowroaming.com/simmanual.pdf

You can't use the Sim Sticker with Windows Mobile.
You can still login to your knowroaming account on your mobile browser.

https://mobile.knowroaming.com
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10226 posts
3142 upvotes
Montreal
wysiwyg wrote: For iOS users, is there a need to install the certificate? If it's just to update the APN, I can set this up myself. I don't like the warning that it can view my network traffic.
They can still monitor your network traffic...you are using their APN :)

Install certificate so it automatically puts in the APN, same as manually putting in the APN. You are USING their APN :) So can T-Mobile, so can Rogers, so can Bell, so can that China cell tower when you visit Hong Kong :) Anything clear text...they can sniff and see.

chocobodavid wrote: You can still login to your knowroaming account on your mobile browser.

https://mobile.knowroaming.com
Depends if the "no longer support" Internet Explorer on his Window phone works with the site.
Nov 14, 2012
975 posts
545 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
yuprules wrote: They can still monitor your network traffic...you are using their APN :)

Install certificate so it automatically puts in the APN, same as manually putting in the APN. You are USING their APN :) So can T-Mobile, so can Rogers, so can Bell, so can that China cell tower when you visit Hong Kong :) Anything clear text...they can sniff and see.

Depends if the "no longer support" Internet Explorer on his Window phone works with the site.
You can still use a desktop browser. My edge browser in windows phone login ok as well.
Sep 1, 2004
716 posts
99 upvotes
Toronto
Hello everyone,

Would love to know how to get this working on a LTE enabled ipad and android tablet.

Thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)